Old 23rd March 2007, 12:03   #1
BHPian

Deciding on the right SUV

Hi,
Before i shoot my queries, following are the governing factors --
1) Family of 5 (4 adults, 1 kid), based in Hyderabad
2) Current car is a 2 yr old Ikon 1.6
3) Normal usage is around 10000 Kms/year
4) Ocassionsaly there are more guests, and feel the need for another slightly bigger transport
5) budget ~10 -12 laks

Now i am caught between deciding for a D segment sedan or buying an
SUV. On the SUV front i have the follwing questions --

Q1) I have been told that the Innova is a very good vehicle, but it does not look sporty. My other options are Safari Dicor (i find this vehicle the most appealing), Scorpio, Tavera, Tucson etc. As these are Diesel vehicles, please help me understand the maintainance and other costs, practicality owing to their size, resale, body roll issues etc. Please suggest other alternatives, if you see any.

Q2) When is the new 2.2 ltr SAFARI DICOR expected, are any reviews available? Is it worth the wait?

Q3) I heard that the Toyota Fortuner may launch in early 2007 in the
10-12 laks bracket. Is this still on, also what other SUVs are expected in 2007?
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

look at the innova v diesel. some people dont like the looks but they grow on you. none of the others youve mentioned have the refinement or build quality of the toyota. i think tuscon is out of your budget since its only upto 12lacs. the maintenance is quite easy. the services are every 5k. there is obviously more body roll than a car.

the safari dicor 2.2 from what ive read will be here the earliest in june or july. as with all tata cars it will have its little problems here and there. so if you do wait for it buy it at least a few months after it is released so that the problems get sorted out.

as for the fortuner, there dosent seem to be any sign of it coming here anytime soon.

i suggest you take a test drive of the cars and see what you like the most.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 23rd March 2007 at 18:25.
Old 24th March 2007, 00:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

In our family we were so happy with innova that my dad got another one within 2 months of the first one

we have got a greenish silver color v and silver g2 with power window(added later) the v is a good option and it better than the g grade

and about the safari i never trust a tata product they are only good at making trucks

look at a second hand toyota LC or a pajero
Old 24th March 2007, 00:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Please search around the forum for your query. There are quite a few threads here comparing the SUV's & about the 2.2 Safari.
Old 24th March 2007, 09:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Innova Diesel V is good bet since your budget is 12 lacs. Add good accessories like rear gaurd, side foot steps, body graphics, luggage carrier, fog lamps (if you buy G grade), sun film to give Innova royal look.

I own Petrol Innova its very good for sure, quality is very good.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th March 2007, 10:06   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This topic has been discussed several times before. Please use the search function to find the relevant threads.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks