Team-BHP - Booked - 04 Safari TDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Booked - 04 Safari TDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/22916-booked-04-safari-tdi.html)

Finally, finally, finally, I have booked a 04 Safari TDi. Considered many options including WagonR, Esteem, Baleno, Indigo, Indica, Marina, Bolero, Scorpio, DICOR, Tavera, Innova....

I also booked, payed an advance and then cancelled a Scorpio, Indigo, Indica and a Marina :p

Wanted to for the DICOR but somehow didnt want to pay 7.5L for it. It was good, but I felt the ride on the older models was better.

This one is a maroon coloured one done 52000 KM, has alloy wheels, a system that occupies half the "dicky" :) and has nice alloys. the system is however a tape player (JVC i think). I want to change the head unit aloe and need your comments ond suggestions on a cheap and reliable one.

I dont know the make of the alloys but it is a 6 spoked one with 3 sets of 2 spokes each 120 deg apart. Ill find out the make.

It also has leather seats, a bull bar and aluminium side steps. The tyres have to be changes asap as they are the original ones. I want reliable and problem free tyres for which I want your advice.

Have just processed a loan for 3.25 lac for 3 years 11507 PM EMI at 17% ROI for 3 years. I want to short close it in 6 months time though. the car's price is 4.5 L.

the car is in mint condition and very well maintained. I would have preferred a white colour one though. (Safari looks best in white IMHO)

Intent to take it on a long trip south as soon as I get leave

Will post pics when I take possesion next week.

What I need from you guys is:
  1. A head unit (MP3) - cheap and reliable
  2. Brand and specifications for a set of tyers - I dont want to spend to much but it shouldnt compromise on ride quality
What do you think about my decision guys? A good buy?

Its good choice as long as car is in good condition, expect few minor issues with Tata , Maruti cars.

Safari gives great ride.

Ravi.

Congrats Proxima on your new possession. ROI 17% looks too high to me, did you negotiate enough?

-POGU

17% is way too steep.
post the pics when u can.have fun driving your tank!

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorkats (Post 407586)
17% is way too steep.

This is the Interest rate for second hand vehicles down south.. very expensive.. Also the banks charge interest rate depending on the make and model of the vehicle.
In this case the interest paid on a second hand safari(which already has poor resale) will be higher compared to a used scorpio.I think the deal is allright.

Congrats on your new vehicle.

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxima (Post 407404)
Wanted to for the DICOR but somehow didnt want to pay 7.5L for it. It was good, but I felt the ride on the older models was better.

Although I have not driven the old model, but is it really true that the ride in DICOR is not as good as the ride on the old one.

-POGU

Thanks Ravi, Godfather, doc and pogu.

Godfather - I will especially need your help for:
  1. A head unit (MP3) - cheap and reliable
  2. Brand and specifications for a set of tyers - I dont want to spend to much but it shouldnt compromise on ride quality
Please let me know.. Will post pics soon...

hey Proxima, congrats on your beast...enjoy the ride..
i had the same one till last month...only the lack of power that forced me to go in for dicor...other than that it gave me a very good experience....
safe driving man...

cangrats man. You now own something thats a dream of many out here. I too checked the Safari and did not find the ride as good as everyone says. Maybe you are right. Maybe the ride on the newer ones are not as good as the old once. Maybe the suspensions are tuned to carry the older heavier engine so with the Dicor engine the suspensions do not perform their best. Not sure if this is the reason.

Enjoy your truck and ride safe.

congrats on your new buy..drive safe and enjoy the experience, echoing the 17% roI shock

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxima (Post 407950)
Brand and specifications for a set of tyers - I dont want to spend to much but it shouldnt compromise on ride quality
Please let me know.. Will post pics soon...

Proxima

I believe that older safari's run on 15inch RIM size and my best bet for tyres would be none other than Michellin LTX series tire(tubeless). They are really good set of tyres. I have seen those tyres on many of my colleagues older scorpios and they swear by it.

Rahul

i donno about the size of the older safari tyres though i had one till last month, but if they are anything smaller, then i suggest you can try the dicor size. it seems pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babureddy (Post 481209)
i donno about the size of the older safari tyres though i had one till last month, but if they are anything smaller, then i suggest you can try the dicor size. it seems pretty good.

I have put on a set of Nexen A/Ts thanks to Nitrous. Good and very cheap.

Congratulations buddy. Post pics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxima (Post 483626)
I have put on a set of Nexen A/Ts thanks to Nitrous. Good and very cheap.

what is the size and how do you find it..any change in grip and ride quality?