Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2021, 21:59   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Which chauffeur-driven SUV / MPV for me?

Congratulations! That's a nice looking car. With GT TSI and this, you will not have a dull moment while on the road. Wish you many years of enjoyable ownership! Drive safe.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 22:29   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Congratulations! That's a nice looking car. With GT TSI and this, you will not have a dull moment while on the road. Wish you many years of enjoyable ownership! Drive safe.
Thanks Androdev. Your comments were particularly helpful in the decision making. Please keep contributing to this community. Yes, agree that both cars are fun to drive
KAY24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 09:33   #48
BHPian

Congrats Kay24! Looks like you finally went with your heart. Wish you many more trouble-free miles.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 17:26   #49
BHPian

Upgrade from XUV 5OO

Hello BHP'ians,

I currently drive a 2015 XUV 5OO, bought pre-owned in 2019. It's been a good experience driving the Cheetah till now however moving forward Cheetah will be driven by my younger brother. So I am in search of a new ride for myself and here comes the difficult part. After driving the Cheetah for close to 2 years, most of the Cars will feel small. In our current market, the only alternative or upgrade of XUV will be mighty Endeavour or Fortuner. It's not difficult to understand that XUV is the real bang for the bucks in today's time of overpriced cars. It's so much of the real estate for the price it demands.

[b]Now coming to my requirement:

1) Preferably an Upgrade from XUV 500 (I know there aren't many options)
2) Petrol or Diesel - anything will do
3) Preferable SUV, can consider Sedan as well
4) Has to be pre-owned with a maximum budget of 10 Lakhs (hard stop)
5) Okay with 5 or 7 seater

Options:

1) Ford Endeavour (2013 onwards) - Available in the range of 7-8 Lakhs in Pune/Mumbai

Pros - Upgrade from my Cheetah, real butch looks, decently reliable, Ford ASS is still better than the likes of Skoda etc., Fits the budget

Cons - Too bare-bones, Hard suspension, Feels outdated, Too big

2) Toyota Fortuner - Overly priced and most of the examples in the used market have run over 1 Lakhs KM

Pros - Upgrade from my Cheetah, real butch looks, Toyota reliability

Cons - Too bare-bones especially the early models of 2009-10, Week breaking ability, Will cross the budget of 10 Lakhs, High mileage of almost all the used examples

3) Honda CR-V - 2013/14 models available for 8-9 Lakhs

Pros - Honda reliability, Premium Crossover, Fits the budget

Cons - Technically an upgrade from XUV 5OO but doesn't feel like, Expensive Parts being a CBU, Hard to find good examples from 2013/14 onwards

4) Skoda Superb - 2013/14 examples available from 5 L onwards

Pros - A premium product that feels at par with E Class, Good engines whether it's 2 L TDI or 1.8 L TSI, Loaded with features

Cons - The brand itself SKODA

Dark Horse

Tata Hexa - Overall a Great car with a good engine and excellent ride quality although will not be an upgrade. 2017 models available for around 10 L or so.

Haven't considered Toyota Camry and Jeep Compass as these will be out of budget. A 7-8 years old Camry is available in the range of 12-14 L and the 2017 Compass will cost a minimum 13-14 L.

Looking forward to your suggestions/ideas/options.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 10th March 2021, 18:04   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Upgrade from XUV 5OO

'my XUV had those' is something you can say repeatedly even when looking at feature list of some of the newer vehicles, that thing was loaded to the gills. A relative of mine had booked a Safari recently and he was thinking the same thing 'my 2013 XUV had those'.

From your list I would only touch Fortuner or another XUV itself. Fortuner does not have bad brakes as such except that they wear out sooner than people expect it, put new tires , fully overhaul the brakes and you are golden. If you have a 10L hard stop, please get something at 8L and use the remaining to restore the vehicle to as brand new as possible regardless of which vehicle you choose. I also feel that the budget it too small for a proper upgrade at all.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 21:04   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upgrade from XUV 5OO

Why not consider another used XUV 500 ? The way I see it, it is difficult to find something that trumps the cheetah at that price in the used market for someone who is used to such a vehicle. This way you and your brother can twin the roads with two bad ass XUVs .
Old 25th August 2021, 13:25   #52

Replacing Our Breezy Brezza

Hi All,

We have a 2 car garage, my primary ride is a 2019 Ford Endeavor 3.2 Titanium + AT and the second car is a 2017 MS Vitara Brezza VDI(O) Diesel.
The Brezza is used by a family member who has to travel ~80 kms every day and are completely chauffeur driven. The car has clocked 60k on odo and is in good condition.
We are looking to replace the Brezza, for following reasons :-
1 - The primary user of the car is a lady with mild back issues - and hence the comfort of Brezza's rear bench is proving to be less than adequate.

(The car will always be used with a chauffeur and the occupant will always sit in the back )

2 - The Brezza, while being a fun city car, doesn't have enough character for daily tier2 and tier3 city runs - both in terms of the comfort and the look and feel.

Our Requirements
  1. Must have a comfortable rear seat.
  2. Under 14-15L OTR - and non flashy (Job Hazard)
  3. Reliable and chauffeur - abuse friendly (As GTO Rightly pointed out that all chauffeur driven cars are abused)
  4. Not impractically uneconomical to run (The Endeavor 3.2 blues
  5. Elegant and sophisticated
I am open to exploring used car market, but due to the exorbitant amount of odometer tampering, staying away from used Innovas as of now.

Please provide your valuable suggestions!
Regards

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 00:11. Reason: LIST tags added. Typos, spacing.
Old 25th August 2021, 16:19   #53
BHPian

My recommendation would be XL6.

Budget - Check
Comfort for owner - Check
Abuse Friendly - Check
Non Flashy - Check
Mileage - Not Check. Considering the avg. running of 80 KM per day.

You can also check Hector Super Diesel. Loaded with good safety features and ample space. Comes with unlimited KM warranty for 5 years and reliable Fiat 2.0 Diesel mill. Would advise you to have a long TD with your family member in the back.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 00:12. Reason: Posts merged.
Dhillon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 19:06   #54
AZT
BHPian

Re: Replacing Our Breezy Brezza

With your back pain point and considering the long drive, I think cars with captain seats is what you should be looking for. You can fit in the other points after identifying those cars. XL6 and Marazzo are good budget options and also non flashy. Mileage point you can check real world reviews here to get a sense.
Old 25th August 2021, 19:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo_rojo View Post
We have a 2 car garage, my primary ride is a 2019 Ford Endeavor 3.2
If reliability and abuse is a concern, that will rule out quite a few brands since that would mean (possibly) more frequent part replacements. That rules out VW, Skoda, Renault-Nissan as well as Ford.

With Flash also being a worry, that rules out the Koreans & Chinese. As per you, the person has mild back problems, this also rules out most sedans. So, the only options available are the XL6 and possibly, only if the person is comfortable with it, the Honda City in a lower-spec.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 00:12. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 25th August 2021, 21:16   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I am open to exploring used car market, but due to the exorbitant amount of odometer tampering, staying away from used Innovas as of now.
Your requirements scream used Camry in bold, literally all points covered. Best rear seat comfort and reliability at this price point, elegant but understated and non flashy. Look for 2014-15 models, have it checked thoroughly by the dealer and your trusted mechanic and you’ll be good. Cheers.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th August 2021 at 23:34. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 25th August 2021, 22:08   #57
BHPian

Hi, you can check Nissan Kicks in both the 1.3 turbo and 1.5 NA Petrol avatar. It is as comfortable as it gets in this price range, plus with the Magnite doing fair numbers it is unlikely that they will leave the market anytime soon.
Old 25th August 2021, 22:57   #58
BANNED

Quote:
  1. Must have a comfortable rear seat.
  2. Under 14-15L OTR - and non flashy (Job Hazard)
  3. Reliable and chauffer-abuse friendly (As GTO Rightly pointed out that all Chauffer driven cars are abused)
  4. Not impractically uneconomical to run (The Endeavor 3.2 blues )
  5. Elegant and sophisticated
Innova Crysta 2.4 Diesel or a Maruti Ciaz.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 00:13. Reason: Please don't quote large posts entirely.
SNA411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 23:30   #59
BHPian

Are you open to used cars too? Since the budget allows only compact SUVs that are not actually great on the rear seat comfort side. For the same price, a pre-owned Toyota Camry would fare much better for rear seat comfort and reliability factors while also having much better space than any sub-15lakh pseudo-SUV. It is very much possible to find 6-7 years old examples from the second hand market for around ₹ 15lakhs.

Good luck!
Old 25th August 2021, 23:53   #60
BHPian

Corolla Altis is a good choice from the used car market. The 2014 onwards model has a mildly adjustable rear seat too. Fairly plush ride and abuse friendly too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks