Other 37 32.46%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2020, 00:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Replacement car for my TUV300 AMT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbklenin View Post
I looked at the Volkswagen website which just has one photo of Taigun and asking for interest. I tried registering, the OTP never reached my phone Looking at the internet, a few posts say launch date is in Jan 2021 and few others say March 2021. Do anyone have more details on the launch date or booking opening? If they price it well, I am pretty sure I will be going for it.
The Skoda Vision IN is supposed to launch earlier than the Taigun. So you might want to look at that.

The launch date/month of these Germans is what I want to know too.
Old 22nd December 2020, 01:54   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxe View Post
The Skoda Vision IN is supposed to launch earlier than the Taigun. So you might want to look at that.

The launch date/month of these Germans is what I want to know too.
Really? I thought VW would launch first as their website was updated. I believe both VW and Skoda will have the exact same vehicle under the hood and Skoda might be priced a bit higher than the VW sibling (as usual ).
Old 24th December 2020, 18:46   #33
BHPian

Finally I was able to convivence my family on buying used Jeep Compass and to my shock they agreed. I wanted to hit the iron when it was hot so, I went on window shopping yesterday for used Jeep Compass in Ayyappa Society Hyderabad.

After enquiring in almost 15 dealers, I was able to locate 6 used Jeep Compass’s all within the period of 2018-2019. One observation was that either they are Limited Variant or Limited (O) or Plus variant. I did not find even a single Sports or Longitude variants on sale. No one is selling their base variants of Compass?

These were all dealers and oh boy they sure will take you for a spin. I saw one particular red color Limited 2018 model, the owner of the dealership was not available, so I was not able to enquire on prices. I then visited other dealers, all of them shown me same Jeep and claimed it is with customer and will arrange for TD within 30 minutes. I knew because I took pictures and noted down the number

The prices are well pumped and the SA's are not budging less than 50k on asking price. I was not happy with any of the vehicles I had seen, so I did not negotiate at all and left. It took my whole day and I was a bit disappointed as well. The images shown on OLX and dealers do not highlight the scratches and dents made to the vehicle.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th December 2020 at 21:11. Reason: JC = Jeep Compass. No acronyms please.
Old 24th December 2020, 20:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Finally I was able to convivence my family on buying used Jeep Compass and to my shock they agreed. I wanted to hit the iron when it was hot so, I went on window shopping yesterday for used Jeep Compass in Ayyappa Society Hyderabad.
Why do you want to buy a Jeep product? Agreed, you were not happy with M&M product but in my view, it is still a better company to own a product from, when compared to Jeep.

You can consider Tata Safari too.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 21:04   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post

He is looking at compacts!

Though Compass is not as small as the sub 4m SUVs being considered, it is still smaller than the Safari.

Storme is a better choice, as DICOR is a proper truck with almost 6 meter turning radius!

There is no fun in driving a safari in the city. It's an extremely comfortable car to be in, but it isn't anywhere as dynamic or fun to drive as the compacts.

Tata A.S.S isn't much better than the Mahindra's too.

Fuel efficiency too won't be in double digits inside the city.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 24th December 2020 at 21:16.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 21:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Why do you want to buy a Jeep product? Agreed, you were not happy with M&M product but in my view, it is still a better company to own a product from, when compared to Jeep.

I agree M&M is better than Jeep, service wise and maintenance wise. However, I always had a crush on Jeep SUV's starting from Cherokee to Wrangler. It pulls all the right strings. The used Compass is well within my budget, still got warranty and insurance left for peace of mind. The build quality and safety features of JC cannot be matched by the competition like Creta or Seltos or Hector. I noted down postives and negatives from my point of view

+VE
  • It's a Jeep. The seven slot grill pulls the right strings.
  • Plethora of safety features right from base variant.
  • Build quality.
  • Fiat sourced 2.0 litre engine with 170 bhp.
  • Plush interiors.
  • Independent suspension for smooth ride.
  • True SUV.
  • 15,000 kms service interval. It is a boon for people like me.

-VE
  • Lean service centers. Thankfully we have one authorised service centre in my hometown. Not sure when they will close up due to poor sales here.
  • High maintenance compared to competition.
  • Spares and accessories are foolishly expensive.
  • Uncertainty of Jeep's future in India. They currently have 0.5% market share only I guess.
  • Low mileage - ARAI Certified 17.1 kmpl.
  • It is a used one, not sure about future hiccups, risk taken here.
  • Not spacious to the money being paid, strictly a 4 seater.
  • Low ground clearance for an SUV.
  • Poorly equiped for the money demanding. No wireless charger, ventilated seats, air purifier etc. Not deal breaker but we expect these now a days.

Safari is humongous for my daily commute and currently discontinued. So big no.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 00:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
He is looking at compacts!

Though Compass is not as small as the sub 4m SUVs being considered, it is still smaller than the Safari.

Storme is a better choice, as DICOR is a proper truck with almost 6 meter turning radius!

There is no fun in driving a safari in the city. It's an extremely comfortable car to be in, but it isn't anywhere as dynamic or fun to drive as the compacts.

Tata A.S.S isn't much better than the Mahindra's too.

Fuel efficiency too won't be in double digits inside the city.
Agree with you that the Compass will have better FE compared to Safari (I meant Storme while suggesting).

Driveability in city: Storme is only a little bit longer than the Compass, only by 4 inches I think. And Storme has better (less) turning radius and larger approach angle compared to Compass. Compared to the Safari, the Compass will be better to drive in the city, if we buy it with AT.

On highways too, the users are happy with Safari. Safari also scores on the space.

T-BHP review says:
Quote:
• Excellent driveability. Smoother gearbox
• 1st & 2nd seat rows have enormous space and comfort
• Outstanding ride quality at low as well as high speeds
• Better handling, steering & brakes
Tata A.S.S. isn't better than M&M. But both will be better than Jeep, in my opinion. Though Storme has been discontinued, spares shall be available for a longer period and more easily compared to Compass.

ramnaresh_2000 has liked Compass and I agree that it is a likeable car. Before going ahead, he shall bear in mind very well that he is buying a Jeep. Accordingly he shall make up his mind for difficulty in resale (and resulting potential price hit) and for the possible experiences with spares and service. Owning a unique good-looking car which is not common in the circle of friends and relatives may come with some hassles and financial implications if the company's future in India is uncertain.

If not Safari, what other cars can we suggest to ramnaresh_2000?

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 25th December 2020 at 01:00.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 08:42   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Driveability in city: Storme is only a little bit longer than the Compass, only by 4 inches I think. And Storme has better (less) turning radius and larger approach angle compared to Compass.
Storme is a good 26cm (10 inches) longer, 15 cm wider, 30 cm taller and a good 500 kg heavier than the Compass. The way these affect the dynamics of the car is substantial!

Just curious, Have you driven a safari/storme?
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 10:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
ramnaresh_2000 has liked Compass and I agree that it is a likeable car. Before going ahead, he shall bear in mind very well that he is buying a Jeep. Accordingly he shall make up his mind for difficulty in resale (and resulting potential price hit) and for the possible experiences with spares and service
Hi Rahul, I just wanted to share my views on Safari. It was back in my school days when I was studying in 5th standard, I had seen a 1st generation Safari parked outside my school. I was totally blown away by sheer size, butch presence and menacing looks of a Safari. It was love at first sight. Civilian Jeep and Safari were basically my first love triangle those days.

Fast forward to present day, I am not considering Storme due to below reasons
  • Storme is discontinued, I am sure spares will not be a problem for such a legendary vehicle, but I wanted some vehicle which has company warranty left and can be extended for peace of mind.
  • My daily commute is 30+30 kms post Covid situation in bumper to bumper traffic. Driving such a tank in crazy Hyderabad traffic is a nightmare.
  • Mileage - Storme is a diesel gussler.
  • Parking and reversing in my colony narrow streets will be a problem.
  • Tata ASS in my hometown is not confidence inspiring.

+VE
  • Legendary vehicle - still turns heads on roads. My close friend has a used Safari and oh boy it is a looker.
  • Go anywhere vehicle.
  • Built like a tank. I have never heard of any accident news where people were killed in a Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Storme is a good 26cm (10 inches) longer, 15 cm wider, 30 cm taller and a good 500 kg heavier than the Compass. The way these affect the dynamics of the car is substantial!
Agree totally on your point. TUV which is just under 4m length was never easy to park due to dimensions pumped in other sides.

Just wanted to give an update to everyone on my current status, I almost zeroed down on my next ride . I am just waiting for final negotiations before I introduce my next vehicle here. Really excited and wanted to thank everyone for their inputs and suggestions.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 15:15   #40
BHPian

Thanks to each and every member for their advice. I had finally purchased a pre-worshipped Jeep Compass on 01/01/2021. What a great start to my new year, enjoying every bit of this mean machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Replacement car for my TUV300 AMT?-front-2__01__01.jpg  

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 19th January 2021 at 15:25.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks