Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 10:17   #1
pkp

Required---Information on Used Tata Sierra

Team ,

I am planning to buy tata sierra, Can you adivice on below points:
  • Price of used Sierra: what is the usual price of used Sierra. I have seen 1994 model and 1998 model.
  • Maintaince: What could be the usual maintain cost of used Sierra. Is it very high or low. Please give approximate numbers.
  • Farm Usage: I would be using it mainly for farm & nearby cities.
  • Model variant: I have told that Sierra Enginee got changed in between and also Turbo was introduced in late 1998. If one has to buy used Sierra, then which make model variant is preferred.
  • I am staying in Bangalore. It would be great if some can help in getting the link to buy this vehicle or if any one can offer.
Thanks
Prashant
Old 27th April 2007, 11:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

I doubt you are going to get well maintained Sierra's.. Anyway the best would be to take the Turbo version.
The price should be around 1 L..

Godfather
Old 27th April 2007, 11:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good Sierras are pretty rare & hard to find. Price could range from anywhere between 10k to 80K. Look for a single owner, well maintained 1998/99 model. Maintanence wise, it is cheap, but there are many inherent troubles in the sierra which you will have to put up with.
Old 27th April 2007, 11:42   #4
pkp

Thanks Buddy, I agree with you on maintain vehicle. I saw of few of them and all them very having issues with vibrations, rough move the gears and bad interiors.
The price the agent is asking for 98 make is 1.15 lakh. The Model is as having any extra modifications/additions. Is this good price?.
Also I am concerned about the maintain expenses/ spares availability as I would be using it for farm and nearby cities.
Any info, at bangalore.
Thanks
Prashant

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th April 2007 at 08:51. Reason: Please do not use html tags, they are not supported - [FONT] [SIZE] etc removed
Old 27th April 2007, 11:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Good Sierras are pretty rare & hard to find. Price could range from anywhere between 10k to 80K. .
turbo models...with good maintainence records...( very very rare) are 1L to 1.5L in Bangalore.. My friend recently sold his non turbo 94 sierra for 80K.It was well maintained though.. complete service records available till date.. Amazing huh!!

Godfather
Old 27th April 2007, 20:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Only go for a turbo model, it is post 98 i guess. The problem with Sierra's is that they're prone to body rusting and patch works are common. Price range Goddie quote for the Turbo is just right.

A friend bought an old non turbo Sierra for 40k in Kerala, but he had to get the engine redone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks