Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2021, 23:33   #61
BHPian

Re: Am I being stupid in sticking with the outgoing XUV500 booking?

[QUOTE

Still you would be spending close to 10 lakhs on this upgrade? Does the new XUV justify the additional 10 lakhs spent over the existing 5OO? Mahindra makes reliable engines (usually) - so if I were in your place, i would have continued to use the current car for another lakh km.[/quote]

Got delivery of XUV 500 W11 Optional today. After driving XUV 500 W6 , 2015 for 6 years, I found XUV W 11 , 2021 model good Value for money. I will share detailed review in some time but few highlights :
- As always experience of taking delivery from dealer is not so good.
- Few upgraded are noticeable particularly engine response and interior plastic quality.
- Music system has been upgraded which performs much better than 2015 variants
- Now instrument panel tells you which gear is optimum as per your speed
- Ride quality is few shades better
- I got 20K accessories free. Not able to decide what to take as top model got most of the accessories. Planning to get a GPS device installed

Overall nice experience so far. Driving to Jaipur I’m couple of days. Will share detailed review after that.
Supercool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 16:13   #62

Hello everyone,
I would like to thank each and every person here for giving in so much inputs for betterment of the readers. Even I am facing the same dilemma of choosing a vehicle for my dad after he has sold off his nine-year old Toyota Etios and is switching to a new car.

I’d really like to know about your opinions upon buying the XUV5OO W9 (AT) or W11 (AT). I am confused between two choices and have cancelled the initial plans of buying a XUV7OO as the deliveries may take long and all the variants have not yet been completely announced.

Please share some light on the discounts available in Maharashtra and the feasibility of buying the XUV5OO as we plan to use it for not more than five years. Also if anyone can recommend a genuine 2 to 3 year old pre-owned W9 or W11 variants (AT only) as an alternative to buying a car of the showroom floor.

Major concerns of buying this car is safety, road presence, space and comfort, reliability (my parents will be using this car and won’t be a good sight to see them stranded with the vehicle facing mechanical or electrical issues) and ease of ownership. My dad expects a budget of 15 lakhs and might extend it a couple of lakhs further for a new car and 12 - 15 lakhs for pre worshipped one.

Other vehicles in consideration are the Toyota Innova Crysta, the Kia Seltos and the Mahindra Scorpio S 11 (I know it is nowhere in the league but street cred matters here). Looking at the feature list and goodies the XUV has to offer the above choices fall short of expectations either on the price (all except Scorpio are pricier) or safety or VFM factor.
Old 3rd September 2021, 16:53   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertknight73 View Post
I’d really like to know about your opinions upon buying the XUV5OO W9 (AT) or W11 (AT). I am confused between two choices and have cancelled the initial plans of buying a XUV7OO as the deliveries may take long and all the variants have not yet been completely announced.
I think for your parents point of view, Ertiga/XL6 is also not a bad option, considering its vfm and great after sales network.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th September 2021 at 08:58. Reason: quote content trimmed
dr_aryan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 20:05   #64
BHPian

I enquired about the discounted cost of XUV500 w11(O) Automatic here in Pune today and the dealer told me 22L on road. Even if I bargain hard and bring it down to 20L, it would still make no sense for me to go for XUV500 when I know I can get XUV700 with more or less the same features in even lesser price.

Considering the kind of fan following that XUV500 has enjoyed, there is no doubt that XUV700 will get a similar or even better response (now we have a better gasoline engine to choose as well).

I am ready to wait for couple of more months and look at XUV700 rather than going for the current XUV500.

Whether I would have gone for the current XUV500 W11(O) automatic? Yes in a scenario where the cost difference between a similar XUV700 model would have been significant that actually seems to be far from acceptance at this time.

My logic is straight forward: If I have 20-22L to spend on a 7 seater. XUV700/Safari is the car I would spend my money on and not the outgoing XUV500.

XUV500, 'coz of the kind of success it enjoyed, should be 'heavily discounted' for me to pick up the same (the cost factor) 'coz now the status quo has changed and the 'Value For Money' has a new equation.

As far as doubts regarding the initial feedback for XUV700 is concerned, I am more than 100% sure that Mahindra Engineers would have factored in all the feedback received from the XUV500 owners and that would have resulted in a robust Quality Development Life Cycle, something that XUV700 would definitely prove over a period of time.

The dealer I talked to seemed to be convinced that I should wait for XUV700 instead of buying XUV500 at even the so called 'discounted pricing' although he didn't say that directly but I could read his body language.

However, I would like to wish many happy miles to those who have bought the XUV500 (after XUV700 prices were revealed).
achintatri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 14:09   #65
BHPian

Slightly off topic.

I am in a similar state. I am looking to replace my baleno CVT with a bigger vehicle. I explored a lot of options in the market like the rest and some were hits and some misses. I will add my exploration below, for you to take additional decisions

My primary requirements
It has to be an automatic
Preferably 7 seater but primarily will be used as a 5 seater.
Bigger fuel tank and driving comfort

1. Shortlisted Sonet HTX: (New)This is the first car I explored. Happy with engine and the bling on the car. Seats felt a little low and road visibility was not that great. Could be a TD vehicle problem, but it was OK for the first car review. Liked it and have a down payment of 25k to book the car as the waiting period was 5 months.

2. Shortlisted Tata Harrier : (New) Explored all variants. XMA was perfect on budget, but dealer communication were painful. To take a rest drive, it involved multiple calls to the local dealer with no response. Dropped it later.

3. Shortlisted Tata Harrier at a Used car setup: Test drive experience was good. Top end version being retailed for 7l less than the price. Raised flags in everyone mind, but dealer was very cooperative. Finalised the car, paid the token amount of 50k. Wanted to take an extended warranty and then calls to the nearby dealer, found out it is a demo car with no extended warranty. Lots of mail exchanges and finally got the money back.

4. Shortlisted used Innova Crysta: 2017/18 model ZX AT. Condition of the vehicle from outside was good, interiors were horrible. Dealer price was 20L. While reliability is a big plus, price for this very expensive. Dealer will not budge discounts. Hence had to drop it when he was not willing to share service history and insurance had no NCB.

5. Shortlisted XL6 (New) : Having a baleno from NEXA expected the process and experience to be good. Test drive arranged promptly. Liked the car and wanted to go for a top end. Dealer starts pushing Zeta and it is immediately available. Asked them to install camera and comes the big catch. They have quoted premium accessories like chrome plates, leather seats package for 45k and the RM says, take the whole package, I will install the camera like it appears on Alpha. If you want only the camera, I cannot give you a OEM and it will also be installed on the bumper. With many calls to and fro, finally dropped it. During my car inspection, a person took the car to a distance to verify it. Comes back and he gives me a quote of 40k less for my baleno. I asked him to match the price and he seeks an additional day. Next day I get a call, stating the best price is given by them and if I wish to evaluate it again, I can take to any company, the price will be less. Confused, I went to check the car. AC does not work or the cooling effect has gone off. Went for a AC fix and understand that people can meddle with the gas with a small pen. Not sure about this in details, but that left with a bad taste in mouth.

6. XUV 500 W11 AT: This was a used vehicle 2018 model with MRP of 18L. Since we had run out of cars, did an experiment to fill the car with 7 people and took a drive on the Nice Road and some back home in city traffic. Thanks to the dealer for this arrangement. It is very practical. Asked to share the service history of this vehicle and bum, it has an accident in which the front door, right rear door and quarter panel has been impacted. Too many confusions and dropped the car of this list.

7. Exploring XUV 500 AT: (New) spoke to 3 dealers all of whom have only w7 or w11 AT. I feel W9 is VFM with the exception of 6 airbags. Waiting for some transit confirmation for XUV 500 W9.

Of all the cars that I have listed above, XUV 500 is more practical 7 seater. For short trips, you can use the 7 seater.

The interiors look dated, but after 1 month, you will feel used to. If not a small ICe Upgrade or a seat cover upgrade will improve the aethestics of the car. The engine roar and the travel experience will be great. It is difficult to get everything in a single car, but if it has a competent engine, comfort and availability of spare parts, it is a good buy.

I hope my buying experience has given additional food for thought

Cheers

Last edited by darkbull : 21st September 2021 at 14:13. Reason: Corrections to content to include the category of used / new
darkbull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 23:39   #66

Hi guys,

I bought the XUV 500 on 18th September.

Having done extensive research on the Internet, and having read Team BHP forums time and again, I finally decided to go for it.

I replaced my top-end 2012 Rapid 1.6 TDI, a gem of an engine with the XUV 500. Having driven the Rapid, somehow, the current engine options (read, 1.5) just did not appeal to me.

Aesthetics are important, though, I am of the opinion that the real appeal of a car lies in its engine, and the XUV 500 is a shining example of that.

I got the LAST available black model of the W9 AT that was in stock! I was not ready to compromise for any other colour!

I am least concerned about the resale value, since it will be with me for the next decade atleast!

I remain thankful to each and everyone of you who helped me make a decision, albeit unknowingly

I fondly call it Rudra!
Rudra2509 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 08:58   #67
BHPian

Dear All,

I need your expert opinions on a fair value for a pre-worshipped XUV500 W11 automatic, Pune Registration (I am from Pune).

Manufacturing: June 2019
Kms: 15000
Owner: 1st
Quote: 16,80,000 INR (Non Negotiable)
Color: Silver
Condition: Mechanically looks good, just minor scratches here and there

I would appreciate your inputs. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Achint
Old 30th August 2022, 11:30   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Dear All,

I need your expert opinions on a fair value for a pre-worshipped XUV500 W11 automatic, Pune Registration (I am from Pune).
Little late for reply. Did you actually buy it? Given the resale pricing situation, this doesn't seem like a bad deal. Also, it's a low run BS4 spec engine.
Old 27th September 2022, 23:45   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Dear All,

Manufacturing: June 2019
Kms: 15000
Owner: 1st
Quote: 16,80,000 INR (Non Negotiable)
Color: Silver
Condition: Mechanically looks good, just minor scratches here and there

I would appreciate your inputs. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Achint
I bought a 2018 model W9 Manual with 13,400 kms on it for 11.35 lacs. Although the car was from a known aquaintance but still the owner was getting the same amount from CAR Trade or other similar companies. Based on this info you can estimate your cars fair price. I feel its on higher side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks