Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2007, 16:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Safari Dicor Or New Scorpio Crde ?

Hai Bhpians,

I need advise to decide which would be better; Safari Dicor or Scorpio. Unlike another friend who is evaluating 2nd hand Safari / Scorpio, I need to buy a new one (company policy). Some more info.....
  • I have owned the Gypsey, Santro LP, and Fusion for the last 24 monts; all petrol. I plan to replace Fusion (many reasons) with a Diesel SUV, economy on fuel and maintenance (?????)
  • Normal city driving, Res to office, about 20 KM / day, 300 Kms / month.
  • I drive out once in a month, week ends, about 500 kms to nearby places with family. Mostly good roads, some off-roading, 4WD will help.
  • Once / twice in a year long distance average about 2500 - 5000 kms, will do about 500 - 600 KM per day; wife helps out with driving on the highways. With a bigger SUV type car perhaps we will cover more distance and places in comfort, we plan to drive to the north east this October.
  • Some time in the next 12 months, we plan to cover the 4 dhams again, depending on leave, childrens exams etc.
What I need to consider seriously:
  • Resale value; I'll be eligible for another change of car in 24 months.
  • Cost of maintenance
  • Driving comfort in city and highway, what are the trade-offs?
  • Comfort of passengers, I hear Scorpio is bouncy for the passengers, problems with brakes and cornering too....
  • Safari woes I hear with many BHPians, even new ones!!!!!
  • Can I consider Innova also for my usage?
Please help with your ideas.... that would clear my thinking and help me make a decision. I have 30 days to commit....

Thanks in advance for all help.

---Ramky
===============
Old 18th May 2007, 16:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

This topic has been, and is currently being discussed in a number of threads. Please add to that discussion.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks