Jeep Compass 36 7.96%
Mahindra Alturas G4 11 2.43%
Other (please specify in your post) 12 2.65%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 18:02   #1
Team-BHP Support

Jeep Meridian vs Toyota Fortuner vs Skoda Kodiaq vs VW Tiguan vs others

Jeep Meridian vs Toyota Fortuner vs Skoda Kodiaq vs VW Tiguan vs others-jeep-meridian-comparo.png

Jeep Meridian

What you'll like:

• Handsome unmistakably-Jeep styling & loads of character
• Robust build quality. Feels very solid, just as a Jeep should
• Classy cabin now boasts a versatile 5+2 seating configuration and better accommodation when compared to the Compass
• Competent 2.0L diesel. Good driveability in the city, quick on the open road
• Mature suspension setup, nicely-tuned EPS & rock-solid stability
• Capable AWD available, with 214 mm of ground clearance
• Feature packed: electric front seats (driver memory), panoramic sunroof, 360-degree camera, powered tailgate, LED projector headlights…
• Topnotch safety kit: Strong all-disc brakes, a plethora of electronic aids & 6 airbags
• Diesel AT now available without the AWD as well, thereby making it more accessible for urban dwellers (Compass Diesel AT only available with AWD, 5-lakhs more OTR)

What you won't:

• Cabin has limited width, can feel snug for larger passengers. 5th passenger (in the 2nd row) will feel unwelcome
• 3rd row is strictly for children and small adults
• Should’ve had more power for the price. Same 2.0L diesel available in SUVs from a segment below
• No petrol engine in a market that is moving to petrols in a big way. Delhiites will be disappointed
• 9-speed Automatic gearbox is competent, but not brilliant
• We’d have liked to see front parking sensors, paddle shifters, gearbox ‘sport’ mode, a sliding middle row, more connected tech features (it’s very basic currently)
• At low speeds, the firm ride quality always keeps you aware of the road quality you’re driving on
• Jeep India’s dealer & service network coverage is still limited
• Just the higher Limited & Limited (O) variants at launch. Not sure when lesser variants will follow

Review Link

Toyota Fortuner

What you'll like:

• Fantastic 2.8L diesel engine has gotten even better. More power, more responsive!
• Smooth and competent 6-speed automatic gearbox
• Contemporary styling & imposing street presence
• Tough build. Toyota body-on-frame UVs are known to have very long lives (400,000+ km is realistic)
• Smooth petrol also available, if you want more refinement and / or are from Delhi-NCR
• Features such as Quad-LED headlamps, powered tailgate, wireless smartphone charging, ventilated seats & more
• Impressive offroad capability (by big SUV standards) is superior to its direct competitors
• Top-notch safety kit. 7 airbags, ESP, TC, hill assist, ISOFIX & 3-point seatbelts for all
• Outstanding long term reliability. And you get great resale value as well
• Toyota's excellent after-sales quality, fuss-free ownership experiences, low service costs & up to 7 years of extended warranty coverage

What you won't:

• The already-expensive Fortuner has gotten even more expensive! Top variant costs over 57-lakhs OTR
• Legender & GR-S variants have many limitations (no petrol, no colour options, no MT)
• Firm & bumpy ride quality. Bad roads in the city are prominently felt inside
• Heavy steering at low speeds will bother you
• Lots of body roll. Go easy on the curves
• Missing sunroof, lumbar adjustment, auto-wipers, TPMS, adaptive parking guidelines etc.
• 6-speaker sound system is terrible for a 40-lakh rupee car!
• Cost-cutting evident in a couple of areas; some interior plastics, ICE audio quality, camera display…
• Fortuner's petrol variant is a guzzler. We've seen merely 6 – 7 kmpl on the AT
• No longer a full-time 4x4 like the 1st-gen car. Also, 4x4 carries a hefty OTR premium

Review Link

Review Link - The 2021 Legender & Facelift

Skoda Kodiaq

What you'll like:

• The ultimate “value luxury” SUV! Classy styling, solid build & superb quality
• Cabin offers space, practicality and lots of intelligent features
• Impressive 2.0L turbo-petrol is mated to a quick 7-speed DSG automatic
• Cushy ride quality in “Comfort” mode (L&K variant)
• Sorted handling & road manners in “Sport” mode. Adjustable suspension is a USP of the L&K
• 3rd-row of seats is an advantage over some 5-seater competitors
• Massive boot with 3rd seat row down. Boot is useable even with the 3rd seat row up
• Impressive kit (12-speaker Canton ICE, panoramic sunroof, 360-degree camera, auto parking...)
• AWD available to get you out of tricky situations. Tourers will love it
• 5-star safety rating & equipment (9 airbags + a host of electronic aids)

What you won't:

• Workhorse 2.0L turbo-diesel is no longer available. Heavy users will miss its low running costs
• Single digit fuel economy of the turbo-petrol AT in the city. Drops drastically if you drive aggressively
• Its sibling, the VW Tiguan, is priced a couple of lakhs cheaper
• Expensive! Worse still, Skoda increased the Kodiaq’s pricing within days of the launch
• Cramped 3rd row of seats is strictly for small children. A 5+2 SUV, not a 7-seater
• Styling does look Estate-ish from some angles. Doesn't have that much street cred or presence
• We feel that the “Sportline” variant should’ve been offered with the DCC & other L&K features
• Skoda’s ill-famed dealership network & after-sales horror stories
• Skoda’s patchy long-term reliability track record (including, but not limited to, the DSG)
• Silly feature deletions from older Kodiaq (rear door sills, 1 umbrella, 1 blanket, chrome tip on power window switches, removeable torch in the boot, red warning lights on the front doors…)

Review Link

Volkswagen Tiguan

Review Link

Review Link - The 2021 Facelift

MG Gloster
Jeep Meridian vs Toyota Fortuner vs Skoda Kodiaq vs VW Tiguan vs others-pa020913.jpg

What you'll like:

• Huge & imposing size! Bigger than even the likes of the Fortuner
• Splendid long-distance mile muncher. The Gloster is built for expressway cruising. Just set the adaptive cruise control and let the Gloster waft along
• ADAS safety features such as autonomous emergency braking, blind spot monitor and lane change assist are cool & work well
• Suspension is tuned for comfort. Gloster owners will enjoy its ride quality
• Spacious cabin with captain seats at the back and a usable third row too!
• Interior ambience is nicer vs the competitors which are utilitarian in comparison
• Loaded with features - panoramic sunroof, 12.3" touchscreen ICE, driver seat with massage function, 360 degree camera, three zone climate control, PM 2.5 air filter etc.
• 343 liter boot even with the 3rd-row seat being used

What you won't:

• Engine and gearbox tuning are shockingly terrible inside town. Turbo lag and the gearbox's reluctance to downshift make things awful in city traffic
• Massive size can be a handicap in urban India. Quite cumbersome in tight areas
• While the interior looks premium, you know it is not as well-built as a Toyota or Ford
• Top-end Savvy variant is optimistically priced at par with the well-established Fortuner
• 4,000 rpm redline is too early. Engine has a very narrow powerband
• Urban fuel economy is mediocre due to the power & fat kerb weight
• Twin-turbo diesel, 8-speed AT & gizmos bring a lot of complexity. Long-term reliability is unknown (unlike the Fortuner)

Review Link

Kia Carnival

What you'll like:

• A truly luxurious MPV that’s also high on practicality
• Top quality, spacious & comfortable interiors. 3rd-row is usable for adults too
• Fantastic engine & gearbox combination! 2.2L diesel & 8-speed AT impress
• Comfy ride quality & neutral road manners
• Available in 7, 8 and 9-seater configurations
• 540L boot space with all three rows up and 1,624L with the third row down
• Impressive kit (2 sunroofs, premium Harman Kardon sound system, electric rear doors & more)
• 5-star safety rating. Kit includes 6 airbags, ESP, HSA, CBC etc.

What you won't:

• Massive size can make it cumbersome in the city, while parking & in narrow lanes
• Ordinary urban fuel economy due to the 2.2 ton weight, 197 BHP engine & AT gearbox
• Underbody does scrape on bad roads & large speed bumps, especially with a full load
• Top two variants aren't sold as 8-seaters & their 3rd row access is difficult
• Steering is a level too firm at parking speeds & a level too light at 120 km/h
• Some misses such as paddle shifters, a skinny spare tyre, no auto-wipers or front camera...
• Model is now 7 years old in the international market; next-gen Carnival is being tested
• Stylish 4x4 SUVs like the Fortuner / Kodiaq can be had at the same price

Review Link

Jeep Compass

What you'll like:

• Handsome Cherokee-inspired styling & loads of character
• Solid build. Feels very robust, just as a Jeep should
• Powerful 2.0L diesel. Good driveability in the city, fast on the open road
• 1.4L turbo-petrol makes 161 BHP! Offers fast performance.
• Mature suspension setup, nicely-tuned EPS & rock-solid stability
• Capable AWD available (unlike some competitors)
• City-friendly: Compact size, higher seating, smooth gearshift, soft clutch & low NVH
• Topnotch safety: Strong all-disc brakes, a plethora of electronic aids & 6 airbags
• We think the Compass is well-priced for what it offers. The driving experience & overall package feel premium

What you won't:

• Small size for the price! A sentiment echoed by most people who saw it in person
• Suitable for 4 adults, not 5. Boot is small too
• Tiny dealership network. Plus, after-sales quality & long-term reliability are unknown factors
• AWD's premium is over 2 lakh rupees on-the-road
• Turning radius of 5.65m is wide. Also, 17º approach angle is too low
• Missing goodies (blanks on the steering, lumbar adjustment, reclinable rear seats)

Review Link

Review Link - Petrol AT

Link to Report - The Trailhawk

Link to Report - The 2022 Diesel AT

Mahindra Alturas G4
Jeep Meridian vs Toyota Fortuner vs Skoda Kodiaq vs VW Tiguan vs others-1.jpg

Link to Short Review

Last edited by Aditya : 26th May 2022 at 18:43.
Aditya is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 08:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Meridian vs Toyota Fortuner vs Skoda Kodiaq vs VW Tiguan vs others

Some cool options in this space now, but all are quite unique in their own special way. My choices:

If running isn't too high, the Kodiaq 2.0 TSI Petrol. An SUV that easily matches many 60-lakh ones on competence. In fact, I'd buy the Kodiaq over the likes of the GLC and gang. Fast engine, brilliant AT, versatile cabin, a suspension offering comfort + sport modes, nice equipment list...it's a proper luxury crossover.

If running is high, then the Carnival. Insane levels of luxury, excellent gearbox + engine marriage, comfort all around, family will go nuts on road-trips. It is surprisingly neat to drive. But I would check with Kia on the timelines and probably wait for the next-gen Carnival which has already been launched overseas. Whoever experienced our Carnival media car fell head over heels in love with it.

If I didn't need space or a 3rd-row of seats, then the Compass Diesel AT for me.

Despite the Fortuner's incredible popularity, it isn't for me. The ride is too bumpy & busy, with the car overall being very "heavy" to drive. I'd buy the Compass over the Meridian, the Tiguan is too bland + bumpy for my tastes and while the Gloster is an amazing mile muncher on the expressway (my Mum loved it), the engine & gearbox tuning would drive me mad in the city.

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2022 at 08:45.
GTO is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 12:00   #3
BHPian

Jeep Meridian - This is one is a good looking SUV but the terrible 3rd row comfort and better options in the price range make it not desirable.

Toyota Fortuner - A great car but over priced, the other 7/8 seater cars here cost anywhere between 40.2 and 48 lakh (OTR Bangalore) for their top variants while the Fortuner tops out at 61 lakh for the GR-S model. Now to be fair to the Fortuner the 2 variants that I and most customers would probably buy (the 4X2 AT 2.8 Diesel and the 4X4 AT 2.8 Diesel non-Legender) are 45.80 and 50.1 lakh respectively which is similar to the competition but then the ride quality sneaks in and robs it of victory. I suppose you could add aftermarket suspension to maybe remedy the problem but that only adds to the cost.

Skoda Kodaiq - Don't want to deal with VW/Skoda niggles but the thing that puts the final nail in the coffin is the lack of a diesel option paired with the fact that we use our current 7 seater (2011 Innova Diesel) a lot.

VW Tiguan and Jeep Compass - Not 7/8 seaters so these are out of contention immediately, if I'm buying an SUV between 30 lakh - 1 crore it better have 7/8 seats or have X3 or GLA 35 AMG written on the back.

My choice would be the KIA Carnival Limousine. Why?
  • Spacious cabin.
  • Limousine variant is cheap compared to others on this list (41.3 Lakh OTR Bangalore)
  • 200hp 2.2L Diesel engine that rivals the Toyota 2.8 Diesel.
  • Comfy and neutral ride.
  • Massive boot, 540L with all 3 rows up is bigger than a Honda City (506L) which extends to over 1600L with the 3rd row down.
  • 5-star safety rating. Safety kit includes 6 airbags, ESP, HSA, CBC etc
  • Harman Kardon sound system.

The only faults with the KIA Carnival is that:
  • It's not the newer gen model sold abroad.
  • 3rd row access is a bit cumbersome
  • The top 2 variants (Limousine and Limousine Plus) aren't sold in a 8 seat configuration with 2nd row bench seats.

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 27th May 2022 at 12:10.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 12:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

My vote is for the Fortuner. I find it to be a better product than Meridian. Though I know there is a segment that will prefer the Meridian. My second choice will definitely be Meridian.

I won't touch a Kodiaq or Tiguan. Sure they come with a lot of features, but in my opinion, there is a lot going against them. For one VW and Skoda are not reliability kings and their service center competency is not great as per forum reviews. Add to that, these are virtually limited edition models. A limited-edition model with a patchy service center experience is a huge risk. If something happens, you won't even get spare parts and will have to wait months at your dealership's mercy. And If you want to get out the decision, there won't be many who will buy it from you. I will prefer spending more for Mercedes or BMW than going with these.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 27th May 2022 at 12:18.
padmrajravi is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 15:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

This is a tricky segment now with each offering coming with its own unique strengths as well as weaknesses. Choosing a car within this groupset is a bit of what compromise one is willing to live with in order to get some other more important priority.

Compass: If the Jeep Compass (diesel 4x4 A/T), had been just a little bit roomier on every front, it would have been one of the top picks for me. Sadly it isn't and the room inside is just deal breakingly cramped for me.

Fortuner: Its an incredible machine, its just not for me. Its a heavy full fat BOF with a massive footprint and its just not the kind of "car" I fancy myself driving or being driven in.

Kodiaq: Personally, I think this is THE top pick in this segment. It feels a segment above in its sophistication and plushness factor to almost every other vehicle in that list (with the exception of the Carnival), is probably the best in that segment to drive. The key negatives are perhaps the FE factor for heavy mileage runners, the questionable reliability and corresponding ability to take abuse, and looks significantly better than even its own stablemate - the Tiguan. Even if one wanted to look over some of these issues, the fact is a L&K is simply not being sold now till at least next year so its become a bit of an academic option for the moment.

Carnival: Simply too big for my liking. If only one could get a Carnival like product in a Crysta like size, like the MPVs available in other Asian countries. Besides, an all new generation is anyway on its way.

Meridian:
For me personally it ticks many of the boxes I'd look for in a 4 / 5 seater. Two row vehicle with flexible large size boot. Great to drive as well as be driven in, in the city. I had a 45 km test drive earlier this morning and came out "satisfied" with the engine performance in city limits. Its biggest let down honestly is going to be the engine, specially out on highway drives. Its not going to be a "performer" and while it will cruise satisfactorily at 100 - 130 kmph range, its not going to bring the kind of smile to your face that a Kodiaq would bring on the same journey. However, I find the back seat under-thigh support excellent, was not impacted by the non sliding rows for my height (although sliding would have been better); back seat recline and related comfort was very good (better than the Skoda back seat IMO). All in all its a great abuse friendly workhorse which will do city duties brilliantly and be reasonably compliant on the highway as well. The interiors too are a nice place to be in, with plenty of nice premium feeling material albeit marred by unusually hard scratchy plastic in some places.

If I wanted to plonk my money down today, it would be on the Meridian. I'd pick the 4x4 automatic if I did, because - well - why not. What's the point of owning a 4x2 Jeep.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th December 2023 at 15:01. Reason: Minor edit for clarity.
Axe77 is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 15:36   #6
AYP
Senior - BHPian

If a diesel Kodiaq was available currently(even in the 150 Bhp guise), my vote would have gone to the Kodiaq. In the absence of a diesel, the choice has become much more difficult.

My top three picks would be the Fortuner, the Meridian and the Kodiaq. I'd choose the Fortuner over all the other Body on Frame SUVs(and the Carnival) whereas the Kodiaq would be preferred over the Tiguan. The Meridian on the other hand strikes a balance between the 2 extremes, i.e. the Fortuner and the Kodiaq by offering a 'decent' diesel with premium(relative to the Fortuner) interiors.

However, this balance also means that it is neither as good as the Fortuner when it comes to reliability and the brute force of that 500NM diesel engine nor as plush and opulent as the Kodiaq. The main factor which steered my vote towards the Meridian is the manual gearbox .

Yes, the Fortuner offers a manual too, but then it looses some of the ooomph of the automatic version. Voted for the Meridian though it is more like choosing the lesser evil of the trio.

Last edited by AYP : 27th May 2022 at 15:38.
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 17:05   #7
Team-BHP Support

Voted for the Compass! It would have been even better if it had a nice petrol option as well.

The Kodiaq is a nice car but though a 7-seater, it’s more like a 5-seater with some added space (same goes for the Meridian also I guess).
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 19:14   #8
BHPian

Kodiaq/Tiguan: Excellent choice for someone with a risk appetite. However, I don't have the patience to deal with their idiosyncrasies and wouldn't touch these cars with a ten-foot pole.

Carnival: Not a fan of MPVs/MUVs, plus it's waaay too big(would barely fit in my parking spot)

JEEPs: Compass is small and overpriced, but the Meridian looks like a total package: no petrol option is the only deal breaker for me.

Fortuner: I think it's a pretty decent option that strikes the right chord with a lot of people. It's overpriced, sure, but it's unbelievable resale almost negates that fact.

Although I yearn for something smaller, like a Toyota RAV4 but among the options in the poll, I'd go for the Fortuner 2.7P AT.
MotoBlip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 20:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Some cool options in this space now, but all are quite unique in their own special way. My choices:
It will be great if you put your comments in the same box for C5 Aircross as well, particularly when 3rd row of seat is not needed. After all, it has lot of things going in favour of it except the price and controversial 3-split rear seat.

Last edited by sups : 27th May 2022 at 20:56.
Old 27th May 2022, 21:29   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Lots of cars left this segment, many came in as well.

All have their positives and negatives, considering there is a mix of BoFs and monocoque in the poll.

Have said it in many polls where there is this mix, will say it again, a prospective Monocoque SUV buyer will not look at a BoF SUV and vice-versa.

So I’ll state my choice from Monocoque SUVs and one from the BoF SUVs.

Monocoque SUV: Škoda Kodiaq (it’s one car that simply pushes above its weight, makes them premium SUVs feel less premium, specifically looking at you GLC! )

Had said this in BHPian Jangra’s suave Kodiaq Sportline Ownership review

Quote:
A VFM buy, looks exceptional with the blacked out bits and black interiors.

I’ll be very frank seeing the quality, performance, AWD as standard and features I feel it’s at the same level as my X3!! If only it had launched a bit earlier, in 2021 itself, would’ve surely given it a strong look.

My only gripe in an otherwise excellent package is the complete absence of AC vents in the third row and Škoda’s way of handling the bookings/delivery/inventory management.

Saw the review by Mat Watson and he said the Kodiaq is the perfect family SUV and one should go right ahead and ‘buy’ it, where for most other cars he usually says to ‘shortlist’ them. So definitely it’s a true all rounder with a VFM price tag.
As a product the Kodiaq is absolutely phenomenal but seriously let down by the manufacturer.

BoF SUV: There are not many choices left other than the de-facto Fortuner. Competitors enter this segment with aplomb, face the mighty Toyota, get scared to the core and leave the market in no time at all. (Eg: Chevrolet Captiva, Hyundai Santa-Fe, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Honda CR-V and Ford Endeavour, the Endeavour was still a very successful SUV compared to the others)

For our family, reliability is of utmost priority; we want no gearbox failures, no EPC errors, engine not starting the next morning for whatever reason, a well established after sales network. This is where the Fortuner clinches the title from the Kodiaq, for me.

Also, now the Fortuner has one of the best powertrain in the segment (torque-to-weight ratio of 229Nm/ton from the 500Nm 4X4 AT version, the 500Nm 4X2 AT is even better), the tough 2.8L mill. A well spread-out variant line-up with Petrol MT/AT or Diesel 4X2/4X4 MT/AT. So basically there is a Fortuner for everyone.

Unfortunately this can’t be said for the other rivals;
Kodiaq: Only Petrol
Tiguan: Only Petrol
Meridian: Only Diesel
Gloster: Only Diesel
Alturas G4: Only Diesel

With the market moving towards Petrol SUVs as well, only an option of a petrol engine can do wonders for a manufacturer, case in point I know a quite a few people who are buying Petrol AT Fortuners in Delhi-NCR.

And if I don’t want any of the monocoque/BoF SUVs, a 2.8L Pre-owned Innova Crysta will be my first choice, otherwise the newer 2.4L AT also makes a strong case for itself.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 27th May 2022 at 21:38.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 10:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Kodiaq, overall.

This 5/7-seater segment is getting more & more crowded with the newest entrant, Meridian, joining the party now. Am missing the Harrier/Safari & XUV7OO from this list, though.

From the options listed in this poll, my vote goes for the Kodiaq because of the overall refinement that it brings to the segment. It is a luxury 7-seater for sure, with its cabin full of intelligent and practical features and the excellent 2.0 liter engine. Folks buying large 7-seaters tend to use it for touring and family trips often as a general use case. So the Kodiaq can serve that purpose very well but will lighten the wallet due to only-petrol option. Within the city, the large bulk can get sometimes difficult in tight situations.

If I don't need a 7-seater, then from the options listed, I would go for the Compass. The latest gen is highly refined overall and is a very good buy.
The Tiguan is very well-engineered but the design is very bland, doesn't evoke any strong emotional connect for me.

If the XUV7OO were to be listed on this poll, am sure the Team-BHP FY21 COTY would have garnered a solid votebank. Mine included.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 09:04   #12
BHPian

We need to consider the total cost of maintenance as well as the resale value (which is insane for the Fortuner).

I am biased since I own a Fortuner, but this is the first time when if I replace my car, it will be with the same model. I find it among the easiest cars to drive (I have owned a CRV, Civic, Fiesta, & Santro, and I have test-driven lots more including the 5 series and E-class).
hajaar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 09:12   #13
BHPian

Voted for Fortuner.

When I buy a car in this price range, I would want it to be ultra reliable. Fortuner is battle-tested. All other cars will likely make me stranded on the highway, if the odo is over 1L km. But not the fortuner. It will at least take a lakh more for that to happen.
Benoit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 09:59   #14
BHPian

I may not be alone in this way, where I chose a SUV which I would not buy but it is a mind over heart choice: Fortuner. If I would honestly want to recommend someone, this is the one. They will never be upset with my recommendation, because of the two reasons: Reliability and Resale!

Jeep offering is not VFM and still I feel it is a expanded Compass and not shrunken Grand Cherokee. Reliability is a concern.

Gloster a big no for the brand itself for this money. There are far better ways to loose the depreciation. VW/Skoda, I yet to gain confidence on the quality of the product and A/S/S, even though, I would rate their options to be the best driver's cars with best engineering in this lot.

Could be slightly OT, but I need to put this across. I am not a fan of Kia's and I can not imagine owning one (especially north of 20 lakhs) due to the quality issues I have seen with their cars like Sportage etc. I perceive they are worse than Hyundai when it comes to quality and reliability. I saw recent video that only reconfirm this unfair image I managed to build on Kia. A Kia SUV having a head on collision, toppling almost and then fire emanates in the frontal area.

Alturas: A sorry state product with no clear future (at least no indication from M&M). Actually this looks VFM but a bit more aggressive marketing will help a lot. But not for me, for sure.

Last edited by sgmuser : 29th May 2022 at 10:00. Reason: typo
Old 29th May 2022, 10:56   #15
Team-BHP Support

Despite all the options I see Meridian still has a unique proposition.Yes its an elongated Compass, but look at it this way, what if you need a sporty long distance cruiser? Surely not a 2L petrol. And the rest are priced in stratosphere.

What remains? Probably the new Tucson when it arrives and the Meridian. I won't call the Meridian a seven but a spacious 5-seater. Carnival is again a great option like the Innova. But then the MUV looks many may not want to go for.

So my take: Given VAG is off diesel, the new breed of 30-45L diesel AT options would be a great buy. Tuscon (possibly), Meridian etc. Of course we have the Tata and Mahindra products as well.

And for the mass passenger segment who like to be driven the Carnival.
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks