Tata Punch 2 0.43%
Citroen C3 14 3.01%
Other (please specify in your post) 9 1.94%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 15:11   #121
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Tata Nexon vs others

The exact situation as yours. I bought a Harrier for highway driving and Virtus for local chores. Safety paramount and good experience with ASS
Old 2nd June 2023, 17:17   #122
BHPian

Re: Replacement for Polo TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
I currently own Harrier which will continue to be our Primary car and will take care of Highway duties.
As you already have a highway car, why don't go for something like a Taigo EV long range version. It is a true automatic, fun to drive, city friendly due to smaller size.
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 18:14   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

...I am looking to Replace/Upgrade our Polo TSI and am looking forward to your suggestions. This car will be primarily driven by my spouse.

Our budget is 15 lacs on-road (Pune) and we will be going for BH registration.

Requirements are :-
  1. Safety :- This is our top priority & is non negotiable. Even if the car will be driven in city we do not want to compromise on the build quality or safety. The car needs to have basic safety tech like ESP and ABS.
  2. Automatic :- Torque Converter or CVT preferred.

Fuel Type preference is Petrol & Body type preference is Hatchback or a Compact Crossover.
Only 2 cars(sub 15L) currently suit this requirement IMO. The Brezza ZX AT & Altroz DCA.

As you already said you didn't like the Kiger/Magnite, no other current car has good safety rating, a proper Automatic & priced under 15L OTR. However, if you can wait a bit, Nexon facelift is coming up with a DCA transmission(didn't hear too many complaints on Altroz DCA). That might be interesting considering its a wet DCT mated to the more powerful 1.2L engine.

I think 15L has become what 10L was back in 2019/20. Its unbelievable how quickly the price bar is increasing among cars.

Edit :

Quote:
However, now that we have looked into all the offerings that are presently available, We aren't entirely sure about letting Polo go. My wife suggested adding a mobile holder and getting on with it to overcome the absence of an infotainment system.
That would be the best thing to do. Even adding an infotainment shouldn't void warranty as long as you aren't cutting any wires.
Quote:
I agree with you on the pricing part. Even if you are willing to pay 10 lacs you don't get a product you are completely on board with. I am so disappointed with Jazz's departure. It would have been the perfect car for us.
Sadly our market never liked the Jazz. Am a happy customer though. Loved the Polo TSI(1.2L 4 cyl DSG) back then but DSG reliability & cramped rear seat space drove me away.
Quote:
I test drove the Altroz DCA, it really felt like a step down from POLO TSI AT. The engine felt very lethargic however the ride quality was very good which is to be expected out of a TATA Car. I will try and keep Altroz as a last option. For now Amaze seems to be front winner as a replacement.
Performance-wise you cannot compare the both specially considering DCA comes with non-turbo version & hence I suggested Nexon DCA, that would have the more powerful turbo engine mated to the DCA. BTW did u try the Brezza AT?

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd June 2023 at 18:38.
Old 2nd June 2023, 18:20   #124
BHPian

An Update :- We looked into other cars and so far we have landed on Amaze - CVT. it is well within our budget. It has a 4 start safety rating and also comes with good amount of tech.

However, now that we have looked into all the offerings that are presently available, We aren't entirely sure about letting Polo go. My wife suggested adding a mobile holder and getting on with it to overcome the absence of an infotainment system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I highly doubt you would be able to get an automatic variant of any of the > 4m cars under 15 lakhs OTR Pune and that is why I hadn't recommended them. However, if you are flexible with your budget, then, of course, the Taigun/Kushaq 1.0 AT or Hyryder/Grand Vitara Mild Hybrid AT can be considered. However, the Seltos and Creta aren't the best options considering their 3-star NCAP rating.
You are right about the OTR price for Taigun/Kushaq. I also am not sure if I am willing to hedge my bets on the 1.0 TSI when my current car with the same engine has been having a debatable performance with the AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
The exact situation as yours. I bought a Harrier for highway driving and Virtus for local chores. Safety paramount and good experience with ASS
Ah! the virtus. I made a thread on TBHP when it was announced and my search for replacement for city started with it. However, I had my eyes set on Red Virtus GT TSI but my family wasn't on board with another sedan hence had to go for Harrier which was my next pick. Virtus indeed is capable and stunning to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
As you already have a highway car, why don't go for something like a Taigo EV long range version. It is a true automatic, fun to drive, city friendly due to smaller size.
Thank you for your suggestion. Tiago EV indeed is a good city run about car however, I am currently not all hands on deck for EV. I would like to wait for some more time and see how infrastructure develops and how the tech evolves. I am an early adopter but in case EV I am perfectly fine being very late to the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Only 2 cars(sub 15L) currently suit this requirement IMO. The Brezza ZX AT & Altroz DCA.

As you already said you didn't like the Kiger/Magnite, no other current car has good safety rating, a proper Automatic & priced under 15L OTR. However, if you can wait a bit, Nexon facelift is coming up with a DCA transmission(didn't hear too many complaints on Altroz DCA). That might be interesting considering its a wet DCT mated to the more powerful 1.2L engine.

I think 15L has become what 10L was back in 2019/20. Its unbelievable how quickly the price bar is increasing among cars.
I agree with you on the pricing part. Even if you are willing to pay 10 lacs you don't get a product you are completely on board with. I am so disappointed with Jazz's departure. It would have been the perfect car for us.

As per leaks the new Nexon seems to be coming with illuminated steering wheel and I have my reservations about that.

I test drove the Altroz DCA, it really felt like a step down from POLO TSI AT. The engine felt very lethargic however the ride quality was very good which is to be expected out of a TATA Car. I will try and keep Altroz as a last option. For now Amaze seems to be front winner as a replacement.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 2nd June 2023 at 18:27.
Old 2nd June 2023, 18:28   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I am looking to Replace/Upgrade our Polo TSI and am looking forward to your suggestions. This car will be primarily driven by my spouse.

The car will be used for her office commute and to take care of chores within the city. It will also be used to take our overly pampered dog for his park and vet visits.

I currently own Harrier which will continue to be our Primary car and will take care of Highway duties.
Hi BleueNinja - For your spouse city commute for short distances EV is ruled out as it will have very high initial investment. If her social status is upmost, get her Honda City VAT (it will be around 15.70 lacs onroad Pune after discounts). If she need high seating, then get her Brezza AT. Only problem you may face is it is difficult to adjust to low seating sedan after spending some time in SUV i.e. Harrier in your case.
Old 2nd June 2023, 19:41   #126

Quote:
Hi All,

I am looking to Replace/Upgrade our Polo TSI and am looking forward to your suggestions. This car will be primarily driven by my spouse.

The car will be used for her office commute and to take care of chores within the city. It will also be used to take our overly pampered dog for his park and vet visits.

We are in a bit of fix because we are unable to find a suitable replacement for Polo which frankly isn't hard to believe. Polo isn't feature loaded or doesn't have all the bling in this world but it gets the basics right. It's fit & finish levels, quality of materials used seems to be better than many other cars in the price category, not to forget the way it drives is nothing sort of amazing in under 20 lacs price segment and to top it off it's built solid.

Requirements are :-
  1. Safety :- This is our top priority & is non negotiable. Even if the car will be driven in city we do not want to compromise on the build quality or safety. The car needs to have basic safety tech like ESP and ABS.
  2. Ride Quality :- Spouse is a sedate driver and is perfectly fine even if the car won't set tarmac on fire. The ride quality should be good and is paramount.
  3. Basic Tech :- We aren't a big fan of sunroofs but Apple CarPlay and Steering Mounted controls are a must and are the only tech that's needed.
  4. Automatic :- Torque Converter or CVT preferred.

Fuel Type preference is Petrol & Body type preference is Hatchback or a Compact Crossover.

Thank you !

Hi Blueninja,

Jumping off the topic, but do let me know once your Polo comes on classifieds. I have to replace my Polo 1.6P manual and have given up the quest of finding the replacement other than newer Polo ATs.

Thank you !
Old 2nd June 2023, 21:15   #127
BHPian

Voted for "Others". Would have preferred having "None" as an option to vote. I would rather buy a hatchback than going for any of these cars purely because they are extremely overpriced for what they offer. Can't even imagine paying 15+ lakhs for a < 4-meter car (unless it is an EV) no matter how feature loaded it is. Manufacturers are seriously exploiting the statement - "Make hay while the sun shines".
Old 2nd June 2023, 22:41   #128
BHPian

I would go with the new version of the Maruti Baleno, or the Amaze. Amaze comes with a CVT, so it should be an easier, smoother drive as well. Any 4-metre SUV is overkill IMHO.
Old 3rd June 2023, 15:53   #129
BHPian

Others above me have said this before. As an owner of the new Brezza, it is a very easy car to live with. A stereotypical jack-of-all-trades car, without no specific standout feature. Decent refined engine, smooth gearbox, sorted ride quality.

The looks are also very neutral and inoffensive, no funky stuff like rears of the Nexon or the Venue. Though I did like the previous gen car more, the new one grows on you in a few days.

It's a surprisingly large and tall car for its length, and you'll not need anything more for the next 6-7 years at least.

Parts and servicing are readily available, though not necessarily cheap. After its warranty period, periodic visits to your friendly local mechanic should suffice for keeping your car in excellent driving condition, it's not a very complex car at all.

Check out the ZXI AT once, as the ZXI+ might be over budget for you.
Small Bot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 08:25   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
Others above me have said this before. As an owner of the new Brezza, it is a very easy car to live with.....
Excellent crisp, short and clear review in few words. Booked LXi and waiting for delivery soon.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 15:19   #131
BHPian

Thank you all for your feedbacks and suggestions. However, we have decided to retain our Polo for now because we couldn’t find any suitable replacement as such for the car. We will wait and see if any further launches this year or next can be a replacement for the car or not.

Cheers!
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 21:47   #132
BHPian

Quote:

Have you and your wife test driven N8 i20 Nline, Test drive and decide it then instead of outrightly rejecting it. Its a bit expensive n I know its a lot of money for the small car, but its spacious and an excellent city car.

Overall steering is definately notch up over Polo GT, and as an overall package this is definitely a better one. Falls within your budget.

Its a DCT but extended warranty for 7 Years/100k kms is available, that should give a peace of mind. Loaded to the gills. It has its own cons, but you both must drive and decide.

Black interiors, with black roof lining with perfect matched red inserts and lighting. Lovely Bose system. All disc brakes, EPS, 6 airbags etc. AC is one of the best in the segment.
Old 4th June 2023, 22:23   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
Test drive and decide it then instead of outrightly rejecting it. Its a bit expensive n I know its a lot of money for the small car, but its spacious and an excellent city car.
Thank you for your suggestion! I have driven the N line and It’s definitely a good car. My cousin owns one. We drove it from Pune to Mumbai so I did get to experience the car.

Quote:
Overall steering is definately notch up over Polo GT, and as an overall package this is definitely a better one. Falls within your budget.
I will have to disagree with you on this one. The steering wheel is definitely a step up from the previous Hyundai’s and other competitors but I don’t feel it’s a notch above Polo.

Quote:
Its a DCT but extended warranty for 7 Years/100k kms is available, that should give a peace of mind. Loaded to the gills. It has its own cons, but you both must drive and decide.

Black interiors, with black roof lining with perfect matched red inserts and lighting. Lovely Bose system. All disc brakes, EPS, 6 airbags etc. AC is one of the best in the segment.
The i20 N line is definitely a great car and I would have bought it in a heartbeat but I have a hard line set on the car being built sturdy OR having a good GNCAP rating which the i20 doesn’t have hence, I will have to pass on it.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 4th June 2023 at 22:32.
Old 5th June 2023, 08:36   #134
BHPian

I think you should focus on the sub 4m compact SUVs.

I own a Taigun MT and have close friend who has the Kushaq AT. These cars are good, but if you are moving from more solidly built cars like the polo in your case and the 2007 CRV in my case, you’d not be outright happy with the multiple niggles - rattles from dashboard, driver power window auto up/down never worked, no electrically folding ORVM (in my car), stiff suspension (I agree this is a boon on the highway and when driving in the hills, but not so much within pothole ridden city roads), not so great infotainment system, speakers are very average.

I’m seriously considering changing the car once I complete 80k km - right now ODO is at 45k km.
It’s not a bad car, just that there are better cars, I’m looking to update to either Verna or city considering how fuss free Hyundai was when I had the Nios and Honda with our city and CRV.
Do good long distance TDs of the sub 4m SUVs/crossovers - I’m sure you’ll find something that pleases you.

If you can push the budget a little then as many others suggested you could go for a Creta (once the facelift with the parametric grille is launched).
In fact I was considering switching to a venue N line too. But it will be a task convincing the wife to get a smaller vehicle than the Taigun. I have started with convincing her that a sedan is the way to go for us off late (she has only driven bigger vehicles so far - Scorpio, xylo, CRV and now Taigun). We went for TD of the city CVT last week and then the city eHEV on our Bangalore visit. She has started liking sedans.

But to convince her with the Verna will be all the more difficult because I’ve been telling her continuously about reliability issues with the DCT/DSGs, I’ve been telling how the facelift Verna looks quirky, but now I want a Verna turbo DCT. Loved the all black interiors and the power output and mileage figures on paper, yet to TD.

The reason I want a turbo again is because some of the things I love in our Taigun cannot be compromised - the awesome pick up and engine grunt of the 1.0L TSI engine, confidence inspiring three digit speeds (very rare since I am a sedate driver), despite being a turbo with CC at 80-90kmph it returns a good mileage, quick acceleration helps in very quick overtakes in state highways without dividers very easy.

Hope I didn’t confuse you further by speaking about sedans.

Last edited by Osteon206 : 5th June 2023 at 08:44. Reason: Spelling errors
Osteon206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 06:00   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you all for your feedbacks and suggestions. However, we have decided to retain our Polo for now because we couldn’t find any suitable replacement as such for the car. We will wait and see if any further launches this year or next can be a replacement for the car or not.

Cheers!
The Polo is such a fun car with an excellent build, fast acceleration, and safety as well, they don't make many like the Polo anymore, and with car prices skyrocketing, the ever-increasing demand for SUVs, new launches are bound to get even more expensive, so be prepared to shell out more, the later you postpone your purchase, as car prices are being revised every quarter or so.
yedukrishnan199 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks