Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2023, 11:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upgrade from 3rd-gen Honda City | Which car for 15 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
But I am curious why do you say that about the rear wiper? I have driven sedans all my life and they don't have a rear wiper, which always makes me wonder why. Why do only crossovers have it and what's the value add?
Sedans dont require rear wiper because the wind/air flow works as a natural wiper, cleaning the rear glass whereas hatchbacks and SUVs cant get their rear glasses cleaned in such a manner thereby needing a mechanism such as a rear wiper for their cleaning.

Upgrade from 3rd-gen Honda City | Which car for 15 lakhs?-img_6651.jpeg
Pic credit- Google

Trivia: If you see a 2002ish Hyundai Accent Viva sedan, it had a rear wiper (because of small boot?).

Upgrade from 3rd-gen Honda City | Which car for 15 lakhs?-img_6652.jpeg
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 12:51   #32

Quote:
Update:

After extensive test drives and lots of deliberation, we have finalized Honda Elevate VX CVT. This variant offers all the basics, and most of the niceties.

Will keep this thread updated.
Thanks for sharing your car selection journey with us. Would you mind sharing an update on your experience with the Elevate thus far? How's the back seat comfort for passengers? How's the ride quality in city and highways? Also drivers comfort and driving experience. Thanks!
Old 14th April 2024, 00:18   #33
BHPian

Final (hopefully) update:

We had booked the Honda Elevate VX CVT, while we were waiting and about to take delivery, that's when Hyundai dropped the Creta facelift. The biggest grouse Creta - its polarizing looks and fear of upcoming facelift - got resolved instantly!

What was a cherry on the cake, was Creta launching a new S(O) IVT variant! Earlier, IVT was only available in SX(O). The S(O) has all the important stuff, albeit it misses a few niceties, and it ~2L cheaper than SX(O). This makes it quite VFM and very close to the price of Elevate VX CVT.

We cancelled the booking of Elevate and have booked the Creta S(O) IVT. Hoping to take delivery soon.
Old 14th April 2024, 07:51   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
My uncle currently owns a 2009 3rd Honda City AT. That car has covered 1.6L KMs and still runs like a gem. Unfortunately, due to the NGT rules, he is forced to let go it.
Hi sir,

Honestly speaking, out of my 15 years of knowledge with cars, I seriously don't see any meaningful upgrade from the 2009 arrow shot Gen 3 H. City and that too within 15 lakhs budget.

But yes, since your uncle is fine ahead with a 1 or 2-year-old car, he can try his luck with a low-used 4th Gen City in the used market and can keep it for another 12-plus years without fuss.

5th Gen Honda City can also make literal sense when bought used for past 1 or 2 years.

I am suggesting these with an assumption that having driven the 3rd gen Gem City, your uncle would have become a Honda fan in terms of cars..

But when going pre-worshipped, you have options from other brands, too.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th April 2024 at 08:25. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Kum_CarFreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks