- Petrol/Diesel both option
- Fast turbo petrol
- Facelift will help in making it feature rich

Only negative is the AMT.
Old 31st August 2023, 14:20   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Exter vs Tata Punch vs Maruti Fronx vs Renault Kiger vs others

Voted for the Renault Kiger.
The Kiger has a good automatic CVT, a turbo charged engine, more space, 4 star crash ratings and better looks as compared to the Exter. In terms of pricing its much more VFM than the competition. The reason to pick the Kiger over the Magnite is that Nissan is surviving on a single model, and Renault has seen success, in terms of Triber, Kiger and Kwid. Renault seems to have little better understanding of the Indian market and are ready to experiment, which makes me feel it won't take the exit path like the American brands in India did.

Last edited by the.dogfather : 31st August 2023 at 14:21.
the.dogfather is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 16:24   #18
BHPian

Voted for Brezza.

Always loved its 1.5 ltr petrol engine, space and neutral styling. New slick design is just icing on the cake.
n33rav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 16:37   #19
BHPian

I prefer the Ride and Handling dynamics + Performance + Safety + Reliability + Automatic and in that order. It is a close contest between the Sonet 1.5 Diesel AT and Fronx 1.0 AT. At present my vote goes for Sonet AT and would weigh this against the upcoming Nexon Turbo DCT before taking the final call.
Old 31st August 2023, 18:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Very confusing poll, didn't expect this on Team-BHP. Multiple segments, type and price points are considered here.

I voted for other. Recently only I was in similar dilemma to get new car for my wife within budget. Main criteria's were small footprint, reliable and good features along with looks and space inside. After considering many cars, finalized with Ignis Zeta AMT and got Glistering Grey one 50 days back. I am very happy with my decision and really enjoying our new car.

Highpoints about Ignis -

1. It's quite underrated car. It is one of the best available in the market with so many features in this price (I got it for below 8 lakhs OTR).
2. It has 1.2 Liter K series engine which is a gem, probably best in the market. It gives very good average & superior engine performance compared to other manufacturer's. Proper 4 cylinder engine with great NVH.
3. Good ground clearance - 180 mm is more than sufficient in most of the cases.
4. Good features for the price you pay. Zeta variant has true Keyless entry (2 remote keys), Sporty black Alloy wheels, Spoiler, functional roof rails, Infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Car play, reverse camera (got it as part of free accessories worth 10 k), Steering mounted audio controls, Electrically operated foldable mirrors, fog lamps, rear wiper along with water spray too & few more. Nobody is offering all these features within 8 lakhs OTR (Currently good discounts are going on)
5. Funky, small SUV'ish styling, I quite like it. Front is looker than Tiago and i10 Nios.
6. Not very common on roads, you get uniqueness. It don't carry budget car badge for sure like Alto, Wagon R, Celerio, Tiago, etc.
7. Suspension is little stiff but not bad at all. Highway handling is really good.
8. Good space inside. One will get surprised seeing space it offers inside. Boot space is also good at 260 Lit.
9. AMT is nice, less jerky. Its slow to start but gain pick up soon. As this will be used by my wife mainly, this is actually very useful for me.
10. Good brakes, very confidence inspiring.

If someone is looking for good, reliable small car within 7-8 lakhs budget, kindly check Ignis first and then only take your own decision.

Last edited by aniketi : 31st August 2023 at 18:30.
aniketi is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 20:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
I prefer the Ride and Handling dynamics + Performance + Safety + Reliability + Automatic and in that order. It is a close contest between the Sonet 1.5 Diesel AT and Fronx 1.0 AT. At present my vote goes for Sonet AT and would weigh this against the upcoming Nexon Turbo DCT before taking the final call.
Safety and Fronx will never go together. Same applies to Sonet.
Old 31st August 2023, 20:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Safety and Fronx will never go together. Same applies to Sonet.
Well. Even amongst the auto enthusiasts, there are contradictory opinions on the aspects of safety and the safety ratings. I have personally inspected these cars and felt that these are well built. It also comes with six airbags and a host of safety features.
CArspeed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 01:51   #23
BHPian

I know its such a small sample size, but here is the market sales vs. Team-BHP poll results for the vehicles mentioned here.

Took the average monthly sales for this year and rank ordered them. Note that Tata vehicles include their EV versions in them as they don't divulge the EV sales numbers separately.

Hyundai Exter vs Tata Punch vs Maruti Fronx vs Renault Kiger vs others-hyundai-exter-vs.-others.jpg

We got the #1 and last rank correct , but quite some differences between Venue, Sonet and Kiger votes vs. sales numbers.

Of course we all knew it, Team-BHP might not accurately reflect the general population, yet.
inwester is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 10:15   #24
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Voted for Nexon.

Solid build, road presence, known safety, superb sound system, and 1.5L diesel is a monster. The only downside is the lack of proper automatic.

Kiger is the 2nd choice just for VFM CVT option and that fun to drive sport mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks