Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2007, 20:54   #1
BHPian

Used Diesel Car/SUV for Hyderabad !!

Friends,

I am relocating to Hyderabad next month, and i was wondering if anybodys (friends/neighbours/relatives/acquaintences) wants to sell his/hers Vehicle. Please quote your best price, along with the model, Year of Manufacturing, Kms on board, any major servicing, and your contact details..

My Budget is upto 5Lacs +/- 50 Lacs.. I shall be travelling long distances often and at very short notices hence the vehicle has to be strictly a diesel.

My Preferences are as follows.
Tata Safari 3.0 Litre
Chevrolet Tavera
Skoda
Indigo
Fiat Adventure Diesel.

Needless to say, your recommendations regarding any other vehicle in the above segment is quite welcome.
Old 14th August 2007, 21:50   #2
BHPian

man23ish

You wrote:

5Lacs +/- 50 Lacs.

I think you meant, 5Lacs +/- 50,000

Cheers

Nattusbs
Old 14th August 2007, 21:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

I feel you need to post this in market section of TBHP, however it appears part of what car section.

In Used car/SUV segment Innova Diesel and Indigo are best one to consider for many reasons.

I feel its better If you avoid Adventure, Skoda, Safari unless you can get all details of the car/owner who is selling it. The reason if any issues you find in Adventure it might be difficult to resolve since A.S.S. is not so good, otherwise Fiat cars best one to buy as used because of less resale value and even after 50K in ODO car feels as brand new, Same with Innova even with 50K in ODO service it it will become brand new vehicle.

Thats the secret muscle of Toyota and Fiat cars, they last long!

Indigo is also good car, make sure its Diesel

Ravi.
Old 14th August 2007, 22:05   #4
BHPian

are you sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
Friends,

My Budget is upto 5Lacs +/- 50 Lacs.. I shall be travelling long distances often and at very short notices hence the vehicle has to be strictly a diesel.

My Preferences are as follows.
Tata Safari 3.0 Litre
Chevrolet Tavera
Skoda
Indigo
Fiat Adventure Diesel.
Do you mean it is 5L +/- 50 thousand ?
Old 14th August 2007, 23:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

first, advance wellcome to hyd manish.(man this is getting interesting, second team-bhpian relocating to hyd)

I agree with ravibhat, innova is the way to go for in hyderabad. None of the cars, other than Skoda has good A$$ support. You can also look at skoda, a fun to drive car.

Innova and skoda also have good resale value.

Any specific reason, you wanted a SUV in hyderabad?? like family(how many adults) or a big pet (50kg or 100kg ) or planning some outings during your stay in hyderabad??.

I will inform my friends regarding this. There was a DICOR(run 80k) with my friend and he was talking about upgrading, I will check with him.

BTW, how long are you planning to stay in hyderabad???
wish to meet you, in one of the meets in hyderabad soon.

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 14th August 2007 at 23:08.
Old 17th August 2007, 10:27   #6
BHPian

Thanks for pointing out folks, it is 5 Lacs +/- 50K.

Raj, i look forward to see you as soon as i land up with a car. Well, i've always wanted to own one SUV. Besides, i think it is a comfortable vehicle for long distance trips. I might travel to Pune and Bangalore by road. I think innova is too much of a family car, although it might be good for family. I'll probably think of the Innova 5 years down the line. I am too young to drive an Innova you see.

Fiat Diesels are good, but their A$$ sucks..

Tata Cars, Indigo and Safari 3.0L will be my first choice vehicles. But if i am getting a good Skoda, i might consider that as well.

Manish
Old 17th August 2007, 10:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

I don't think you could find an innova for 5.5 lakhs especially in hyderabad,
you could also look at a scorpio for that budget.Still hyderabad is really crazy about diesel's and the newer generation scorpio too may be a little more than your budget.Second hand diesels in hyderabad are quite expensive compared to other places

Tavera is not recommended as a second hand buy,maintainance costs are really high compared to its peers and thats the reason you find quite a lot of cabbies dumping them after a year or two.A skoda diesel for 5.5 lakhs also would be something to avoid.

Tata safari 3.0 again hard to find,I think your best bet is a brand new logan or Indigo.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 17th August 2007 at 10:43.
Old 23rd August 2007, 17:17   #8
BHPian

Dropping Safari from my list, as all i am getting is the old 2.0L version of the vehicle. I guess the 3.0 L Safari is quite popular amongst their present lot of owners, probably atleast till the 2.2 L model comes out in the market.
Old 24th August 2007, 03:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
I guess the 3.0 L Safari is quite popular amongst their present lot of owners, probably atleast till the 2.2 L model comes out in the market.
and even after........
Old 28th August 2007, 11:29   #10
BHPian

Guys, I need suggestions as to how much old Indigo I should be looking for and what should be the right price. Also, what are all the things to look for while buying a used vehicle.

Manish
Old 28th August 2007, 11:47   #11
BHPian

Manish, why not a new Logan diesel?
Old 28th August 2007, 15:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

exactly- if your budget is 5L - why not a new indigo or logan diesel?
Old 28th August 2007, 17:03   #13
BHPian

Well, I am hell-bent on a used car only because my financial adviser told me that the most expensive miles on a car are the first 10,000. Also, Buying used can save me a a bit of money and i can consider getting an expensive car (skoda) for less money. I ain't buyin a used Indigo for 5 Lacs.

Also, a budget of 5 Lacs doesn't mean that i need to splurge all the money. I might as well get a good price for the vehicle i am looking for.

Manish
Old 28th August 2007, 17:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Are you going to take a loan or is it cash down payment?
Old 8th September 2007, 12:53   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Are you going to take a loan or is it cash down payment?
All Cash Down Payment.

Uh Well, maybe a cheque downpayment

Manish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks