Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2024, 19:28   #16
BHPian

Re: MG Hector Plus Vs Hyundai Creta Facelift

Go for Hector if large boot space and larger cabin is your high priority, rest of the other parameters Creta matches to Hector and outperform in after sales services, fuel economy, looks, desirability. Hyundai has worked on the only down side of Creta (which is safety) by improving share of high strength steel and adding ADAS offering
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 23:10   #17
BHPian

Is this going to be your primary daily driver? How congested are the roads that you drive regularly on? Do you need the 6 seats?

Also, have you considered the cons of having Captain seats? They are great for the chauffer driven, but significantly reduce the utility of the vehicle as a Family Car. Saying this with experience as we have a XL6 in the Family and had booked the Hector Plus 7 seater vs. the 6 seater

Any Particular reason you aren't considering the Seltos?

The Creta/Seltos are safer bets in terms of FE, Long term re sale value, brand perception, Spare Parts availability etc. The MG Hector is definitely a segment above both in terms of size and certain features. Honestly, try putting a Hyundai/Kia/Toyota Badge on that car and it will retail for a lot more money with a waiting period running into Months.

Practically, the Creta/Seltos should be slightly easier to live with, especially for City conditions. It is a Head vs. Heart decision, with the MG offering more bling and space

We were recently in a similar dilemma, considering cars from the Innova Hycross, to the Hector Plus to the BMW 3Series/X1. While we have had to defer our decision to purchase the car owing to unforeseen circumstances but I am sensing that the Seltos will be amongst the contenders if we decide to purchase in the next few weeks/months. It's an option that we hadn't even considered earlier as this vehicle was/is supposed to supplement a 2016 Creta and a 2020 XL6 & the previous Seltos didn't even seem like a lateral upgrade
Old 24th January 2024, 08:32   #18
BHPian

Do check out the Hyundai Alcazar. Gets all the advantages of the Creta + more.

You can consider buying the Alcazar as a 4 or 5 seater with a huge boot. Extremely quiet cabin (quiter than the Hector). Take a test drive and decide.
Old 24th January 2024, 17:40   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
The tie up with JSW took place on 30th November 2023.
No, they have signed agreements, legal formalities, CCI approval, and official stake acquisition formalities take time.

Update: They have received CCI approval: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/cci-ap...stake-mg-india

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Thanks to all who responded. I think I will go for the Creta since it will be easier to maintain, especially since my wife is still not 100% confident in driving the Hector.
Considering the fact that the MG Hector Plus is a huge car in terms of size, 369mm longer, 45mm wider, and 125mm taller with 140mm more wheelbase than the Creta, along with the fact that your wife isn't confident with it and with MG not being as reputed or as high selling or having the widest sales and service network as the Hyundai. It makes sense to go for the Creta at this juncture. Moreover, Creta has the better resale too (if the need arises in the future)

All the best for your new car purchase and hope you have many happy miles ahead with your new car!

Last edited by bijims : 24th January 2024 at 17:50.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 15:20   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Thanks to all who responded. I think I will go for the Creta since it will be easier to maintain, especially since my wife is still not 100% confident in driving the Hector.
Hey man, you want Creta's size and MG's luxury? That's actually why MG has the Astor. Now, before I get a bashing from other members, you get a feature laden and quite fun-to-drive car below 20L. Try driving it in the highway and sit inside the car, you will find it adequate for your needs.

Also, if you are taking the Creta, wait for the N-Line or even go for the Seltos. Good luck!
Old 8th February 2024, 21:27   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
Both according to me have similar driving feel since Hector has 1.5 turbo and Creta is 1.5 NA. In city Creta may have additional mileage by just 2-3 kmpl since I regularly get around 10kmpl from Hector in intra-city use.
On highway though Hector can turn out to be very frugal. Just let it cruise at 100kmph (never exceed it) and car return astonishingly good mileage. Attaching pic below.
Hi,

Is that 19+ km/l fuel efficiency on the petrol or the diesel model? Appreciate your reply.

I am in a very similar dilemma as the original poster. Only thing is, I am unable to decide between Hector / XUV700 / Seltos (all top end models) as all fall within my budget but provide different pluses / minuses and value propositions.
Old 9th February 2024, 21:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarney View Post
Hi,

Is that 19+ km/l fuel efficiency on the petrol or the diesel model? Appreciate your reply.

I am in a very similar dilemma as the original poster. Only thing is, I am unable to decide between Hector / XUV700 / Seltos (all top end models) as all fall within my budget but provide different pluses / minuses and value propositions.
Yes I got this efficiency inPetrol Hybrid with manual transmission.
It was morning run from our house to Chandigarh so involved KMP Expressway. There was moderate traffic. There were 4 people in car and NO HYPERMILING was done. It was a normal run with just that maximum speed never crossed 100kmph.

It is a very tough battle between Hector and XUV7OO. We got spared because when we bought Hector, XUV wasn’t launched.
But I think we would have preferred XUV since it is bigger and definitely has a better engine.
But on the other hand Music system (Sony surround) sounds very average compared to hector and cabin quality also felt downgraded compared to Hector.
Tanmay_868 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks