Other (please specify in your post) 6 4.05%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2024, 21:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet Facelift vs Tata Nexon vs Hyundai Venue vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
True, the D-iMT comes with tan interiors but surprisingly the petrol HTX iMT comes with white fabric seats. Don't know who does such product planning, or is it a way to push customers to opt for higher variants.
Ah ! This has been the usual stuff with Hyundai and now Kia cars ! Their features distribution logic is beyond anyone.

About the higher variants thing , it is true with all the manufacturers; because that’s were their core profits lie.

Having said that , somehow Kia has striked the right balance for Sonet with the HTX variant , especially for the automatics. Cannot say the same for it’s cousin , the Venue.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 03:02   #17
BHPian

Sonet in Diesel AT guise any day for me though I feel it's overpriced now at 19L OTR, Hyd while I'd prefer Venue N-Line or Brezza if I'm willing to go for Petrol AT.

If Nexon, I'd skip the ICE variants and get the EV variant.

After looking at the prices of every sub 4m C-SUV, now I feel sedans are better-priced and also offer better rear seat comfort than these so-called hatchbacks on stilts. One can get a Verna SX IVT for 17.5L with all bells and whistles though it misses out on ADAS and ventilated seats, which is not that important for me, or a Honda City VX CVT at a similar price.

Or I'd skip this segment and get Creta S(O) D AT/IVT or Seltos HTX D AT/IVT, which is priced at least a lakh or two more than Sonet X-Line D AT and has features that I need in these two cars.
Old 2nd April 2024, 18:35   #18
BHPian

Upgrading to C(Jacked up Hatchbacks)SUV from 8 years old Tata Tiago XT Petrol

Hi Folks, I am looking to upgrade from my 8 years old Tata Tiago XT Petrol to CSUV. From so many years I am suggesting car to everybody on my list who are looking for some upgrade, but when it comes to choosing it for my own I end up in such a dilemma which literally make my head explode.

I have clocked almost 67,000 kms in span of 8 years with Tata's handful issues, when I say handful I mean a lot. Still I have an emotional bond with my car like all of us have.
I share a very special bond with my car where I carried it from showroom like a baby nurtured, pampered and made her 8 years old kid.

My daily usage is 20-25 kms a day 8 of which are covered with traffic jams
There are few cars on my mind in 12-14 lacs bracket so lets get started:

Requirements: Fuel Economy, Automatic Gearbox, Decent GC, Sunroof, Good space for occasionally 5.

Options 1-Tata Nexon Pure S AMT: With the recent update Tata Motors have made Nexon very likeable LEDs all around, sunroof, good infotainment system, decent GC. Concerning about 3 cylinder 1.2 unit and the most importantly AMT. Though never got chance to experience AMT in New Nexon as only DCA's are available for TD.

Option 2-Maruti Suzuki Brezza ZXI AT: Brezza is a handsome spacious car even gives a glimpse a bigger car(all thanks to the rear quarter glass) while sitting behind, Loaded with Sunroof, LED headlamps, reliable TC AT gearbox and the smoothest 1.5 unit which I feel will be upgrade from current 3 pots of Tiago.

Option 3-Kia Sonet G1.0 T-GDi 6iMT: If I am planning to upgrade from Manual to Automatic I do not want to slot the gear by myself, thus unable to think it is perfect for me. Also while browsing found out the Kia India website shows car prices in Dollars for fraction of seconds before showing INR

Option 4- Hyundai Venue S 1.0 DCT: As Hyundai Venue is good car the only downside I believe is the absense of sunroof at the price point which is approximately 13,40,000 or-road dellhi

Option 5-Mahindra Bolero Neo : While many of us will be wondering why on earth is Bolero Neo on this list which is only down to the point where it looks menacing. I can ignore the fact that there is no sunroof, no Automatic gearbox, no LEDs. Just buy and put some 18 inch or 20 inch wheels if mad like me and boy-o-boy it looks humungous compared to other cars in same price also cannot ignore the fact that is only available in Diesel MT 1.5 3 cylinder unit, and in Delhi diesels are dying.

Looking for inputs
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet Facelift vs Tata Nexon vs Hyundai Venue vs Others-whatsapp-image-20240402-4.51.19-pm-1.jpeg  

Kia Sonet Facelift vs Tata Nexon vs Hyundai Venue vs Others-whatsapp-image-20240402-4.51.19-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by ank_bhp : 2nd April 2024 at 18:38.
Old 2nd April 2024, 18:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upgrading to C(Jacked up Hatchbacks)SUV from 8 years old Tata Tiago XT Petrol

If you say you have faced niggles with your Tiago in just 67k kms, then I think it is time for you to reward yourself with some trouble free ownership by getting the Brezza. The engine will outlast the ones in all the other competitors, parts will be cheap and always available, toque converter is the best auto box in terms of long term reliability and the car is one of Maruti’s more robust ones out there
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 18:58   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Upgrading to C(Jacked up Hatchbacks)SUV from 8 years old Tata Tiago XT Petrol

Firstly, there is no case whatsoever for Bolero Neo.

Coming to your short list, Brezza ZXi AT makes most sense with the smoothest and most reliable engine and gearbox. Ideal for city driving, no turbo lag to worry about, and far better fuel efficiency than Venue/Sonet.

However, Brezza has typically Maruti average interiors and its prices have risen a lot over time. The car is not exactly VFM anymore. The Honda City V CVT costs about the same after discounts, and provides a far more spacious and premium cabin, more equipment and better street cred. The engine is better, drive is smoother, and the package is equally reliable.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 21:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If you say you have faced niggles with your Tiago in just 67k kms, then I think it is time for you to reward yourself with some trouble free ownership by getting the Brezza. The engine will outlast the ones in all the other competitors, parts will be cheap and always available, toque converter is the best auto box in terms of long term reliability and the car is one of Maruti’s more robust ones out there
Thanks for the input brother in no means Brezza is non deserving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Firstly, there is no case whatsoever for Bolero Neo.

Coming to your short list, Brezza ZXi AT makes most sense with the smoothest and most reliable engine and gearbox. Ideal for city driving, no turbo lag to worry about, and far better fuel efficiency than Venue/Sonet.

However, Brezza has typically Maruti average interiors and its prices have risen a lot over time. The car is not exactly VFM anymore. The Honda City V CVT costs about the same after discounts, and provides a far more spacious and premium cabin, more equipment and better street cred. The engine is better, drive is smoother, and the package is equally reliable.
Thank you for input, Maruti's interior quality is same as an decade old car from Maruti Suzuki
Not sure if I want to drive sedan now. As I am looking for high commanding position while driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks