MG Hector 4 1.23%
Tata Harrier 33 10.19%
Others (please specify in your post, e.g. XUV700, Scorpio-N, etc.) 7 2.16%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2024, 21:17   #16
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Honda Elevate vs Others

Opted for others (XUV700/Scorpio-N), because compact SUVs like Creta/Seltos have become become really expensive. Pre-facelift Creta SX diesel MT would cost ~18.5 lacs and now its ~21.5 lacs which is 3 lacs costlier, why not got for next segment !
sulliavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 22:14   #17
BHPian

Voted for Harrier and also as many have mentioned here, it is a segment above of many listed here.

I am getting ready to get a new one and have started enquiries and my buying time would be somewhere around Dec 2024/ Jan 2025. I normally take a long time to finalise. The first 2 cars "looked at" (yet to drive) are the new releases of Safari & Harrier and I am impressed with both. Hyundai Creta is next on list. Hycross/ Invicto is there in next in the list. After that, all are dreams - have a wild card entry of either a Merc/ BMW (strictly no-no to Audi/ VW/ Skoda). If I can mobilise the funds, then there is an Evoque in the list. I know apart from the first 3, all are dreams and 99% chances are it may stay one. There is a reason why the Mec/ BMW came in as a wild card entry which is a subject for another thread and will discuss in detail there.
Old 4th February 2024, 08:13   #18

I'll go with Others. Compact SUVs (pretend) touching 20+ lacs is absurd IMO.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th February 2024 at 09:01. Reason: Clean up.
Old 4th February 2024, 09:28   #19
BHPian

Voted for Seltos specifically the HTX variant.
It just gets it right with the styling, features, transmissions, pricing and service network.

My second choice would be Creta but I hate the looks, although a very reliable and feature-rich vehicle it is.
Old 4th February 2024, 12:34   #20
BHPian

I’m planning to book a DCT variant and decided to go with Creta just because of the presence of 7 year extended warranty in Hyundai as compared to 5 years in KIA in addition to 17inch wheels instead of 18.
Old 4th February 2024, 12:52   #21
BHPian

Voted for the FL Creta for its stunning appearance in that new Emerald Pearl color. Saw it the other day, and I’m a fan. The Seltos was the best looking car in the segment before the FL Creta joined the party. It just looks so much better with all those boxier elements and muscular bonnet.

Another factor is the availability of the NA IVT option in the Creta’s top trim which the Seltos misses out. Is Kia missing the trick by not offering it on Seltos’s GTX Plus variant? A BIG YES! For majority of buyers who don’t do a lot of highway runs, the NA IVT combo is a perfect blend of power, efficiency and ease of driving. The diesels are plagued with DPF issues while turbo DCTs are laggy and jerky in city traffic conditions. They shine on the open roads and highways though.

We are contemplating between the FL Creta and Seltos as our next purchase. Other than non availability of IVT in Seltos’s top trim, the claustrophobic black interior theme with that incomplete looking centre console (sure many would like it - just a personal choice) and less compliant ride quality are steering us away from it.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 03:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Toyota Hyryder because it is the only proper hybrid in the group. It looks great, has terrific fuel efficiency, comes loaded with equipment. While Hyundai/Kia do have advanced engine, they are are not very fuel efficient and I remain skeptical about their long term reliability in the Indian conditions with varying fuel quality.
Old 5th February 2024, 20:40   #23
BHPian

As mentioned in my previous post, we are weighing our options between the FL Creta and Seltos. We took a long TD of the Seltos 1.5 Turbo DCT and here are some positives we gathered from our test drive:

1. The ride quality has notably improved. Kia deserves credit for achieving this even after increasing the rim size from 17 to 18 inches. While not as comfortable as the Creta, it's no longer bone-jarring either.

2. The overall interior quality is impressive. Unlike the 2020 Creta and the FL Creta, which feature a cheap plastic center console that tends to creak, the Seltos doesn't have such issues. Kia earns full marks for this.

3. The dual-screen setup appears more aesthetically pleasing in the Seltos. Compared to the FL Creta, which has larger bezels and doesn't look as plush, the Seltos' setup stands out. Picture attached.

4. The Seltos comes with better equipment, with standout features including all illuminated switches and a headrest for the fifth passenger. It's disappointing that Hyundai didn't include these features in the FL Creta.

Now the reasons why we have decided to take the Seltos off our list and go with the FL Creta.

1. All black interior is indeed a deal breaker for the family. They just couldn't bear how overwhelmingly dark it felt inside the cabin. The pano sunroof helps, but you can't always keep the blind open in Delhi's heat.

2. I still can't warm up to the design of the center console. While it may appeal to some, personally, I find it incomplete. The one in the Creta with AT transmission looks gorgeous.

3. Having driven the 1.4 Turbo DCT model of the 2020 Creta extensively, I have always found it exhilarating, especially on open roads. This 1.5 Turbo DCT, although quite nice, does not feel as explosive. It's very linear. If I'm spending that much and taking risk with the DCT, I want that smile on my face when I want. I don't think this one impressed me as much as I expected. And I think the experience will be same in the FL Creta as well. Plus the Seltos doesn’t offer IVT on its top trim which is just beyond me!

4. The seating comfort in the Seltos falls short compared to the Creta. Notably, the cushions of all seats and the width of the front seats are noticeably less comfortable in the Seltos. Although I hadn't previously given this much thought, I certainly felt the difference during the test drive.

5. The steering in the Seltos feels excessively heavy, which adds unnecessary strain. While switching to eco mode improved the situation slightly, maneuvering in city traffic conditions remains less than ideal.

6. That new Emerald Pearl color and more muscular and imposing design elements of the FL Creta!
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Honda Elevate vs Others-img_2927.jpeg  

Last edited by Col Mehta : 5th February 2024 at 20:48.
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks