Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2007, 22:01   #1

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2L or M&M Scorpio 2.2

hi guys i m planning to buy the suv and i m really confused that for what should i opt for safari 2.2 dicor or the scorpio 2.2 eagle(upcoming)...pls help me as scorpio will be launched in jan or feb 2008...i dont have problem with the waiting time....pls suggest me....suggestions will be appreciated...thanks in advance
Old 6th October 2007, 23:07   #2
BHPian

Test drive the new 2.2 safari and i bet you wont have any further confusions...
Old 6th October 2007, 23:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio 2.2 in most probability is coming here next year and is going to be tuned to about 120bhp as per what i heard on the forum. Stick with the Safari.
Old 6th October 2007, 23:40   #4
Team-BHP Support

Well! A what car thread on a car thats not yet officially announced? I think its difficult to predict anything at this stage. Only thing one can sensibly suggest is that if you are in no hurry and would like to check it out anyways then wait else at this price point Safari 2.2 is a good option to look into.
Old 6th October 2007, 23:53   #5

I have test drive safari 2.2 but I find some bad points
1. Gear was not too good as I was looking for
2. Engine power is good when I see on 140Bhp but when I drive it look like 115bhp or less.
But good point is look of safari.
Old 6th October 2007, 23:58   #6
BHPian

dicor 2.2 is the way to go buddy...
Old 7th October 2007, 10:44   #7
BHPian

yup safari 2.2vtt is better by far, looking at the specs and all the goodies youre getting with it.
Scorpio is a good vehicle too, but i feel its cramped, not a very good ride too, youll be bouncing in the cabin.
Old 7th October 2007, 11:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelvishves View Post
hi guys i m planning to buy the suv and i m really confused that for what should i opt for safari 2.2 dicor or the scorpio 2.2 eagle(upcoming)...pls help me as scorpio will be launched in jan or feb 2008...i dont have problem with the waiting time....pls suggest me....suggestions will be appreciated...thanks in advance
You have sorta answered your questions yourself. You don't have a problem with waiting time. So, wait till Scorpio 2.2 is released, compare the two and buy the one you like. Right now everyone can only speculate about what Scorpio 2.2 would be like.
Old 7th October 2007, 11:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

with Zappo here, too early to predict and advise anyone on the choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Well! A what car thread on a car thats not yet officially announced? I think its difficult to predict anything at this stage. Only thing one can sensibly suggest is that if you are in no hurry and would like to check it out anyways then wait else at this price point Safari 2.2 is a good option to look into.
Old 7th October 2007, 12:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

The best time to ask this question is when both the cars are released and guys here have TD'd both the vehicles. Then this query of yours becomes more valuble. Right now we can do only the specualtion about this.
Old 7th October 2007, 13:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Test drive the new 2.2 safari and i bet you wont have any further confusions...
Rajismine thats bullseye there. I had driven the family Scorpio Goa to Pune and back and believe me it was scary after 100km/hr. I TD'd the 2.2L Dicor yesterday twice and believe me you cant even get scorpio in your thoughts after this. It is just Mind Blowing. Ask the Tuscon chap I wipped on my test drive he was wondering what flew past him at 100km/hr in the city
Old 7th October 2007, 16:39   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Rajismine thats bullseye there. I had driven the family Scorpio Goa to Pune and back and believe me it was scary after 100km/hr. I TD'd the 2.2L Dicor yesterday twice and believe me you cant even get scorpio in your thoughts after this. It is just Mind Blowing. Ask the Tuscon chap I wipped on my test drive he was wondering what flew past him at 100km/hr in the city
Did you feel the gear shift problems that the owner of this thread has mentioned?

Also, he says 2.2 is underpowered compared to it's spec on the paper...
Any clue?
Old 7th October 2007, 17:17   #13
Team-BHP Support

Please keep this thread on its course. The thread owner has sought your view on which of the two cars to buy. I do not think there is much one can suggest at this stage but still...

And please, no nitty-gritty questions on the features of a Safari here. You already have a thread for that where people are posting their TD impressions and answering questions on these.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th October 2007 at 17:18.
Old 7th October 2007, 17:41   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Well...one way to do this is to close this thread till Scorpio 2.2 is actually launched.
Old 7th October 2007, 19:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

I suggest buy new Safari , no need to wait for Scorpio since not much changes done with new Safari, Same case will be with Scorpio.

Safari is far better than Scorpio in every department except for Scorpio is easy to drive in city.

The comment about new Scorpio is just prediction since its not launched yet

Ravi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks