Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2007, 13:39   #1
BHPian

Trite Quandry

I have a rather trite quandry. I am sure this has been discussed to death.

Currently I have a Judo 4x4. I drive about 36000 - 40000 Kms a year , mostly between Madras/bangalore.

Fuel economy is important to me , but not at the expense of power. My Budget is 7 Lakhs on road.( Includes good safe tubeless tires, a NORMAL music system which can play CDs and MP3s )

I want a small car, which is easily maintained and serviced, big inside, which is safe on the highway and with "Loads Of Power". I want a car that can COMFORTABLY cruise at 120 Kmph, and hit a top speed of atleast 160 Kmph.

I drive around 80-90 Kmph usually , but I want the reserve power.

I booked a Swift Vdi with Indus motors Chennai in Oct 2007. I was told ABS is not available by the dealer. Then I found out it was and I got upset and got my money back. Swift is not spacious for my mom plus her walker, but I booked it as I did not have any options at that time. I like the fact that swift is the most economical diesel car to buy.

I like the Getz . The most comfortable car to sit in for me. I love the space inside Getz and it suits my needs as my mom has to use a walker, and I need the extra space.

I am smitten with the Getz diesel but (a) Waiting time worse than Swift (b) No ABS.

The other car I am willing to consider is a Palio 1.6. But, I am scared of (a) Buying a fiat due to availability of spares (b) And service through TATA (c) Bad fuel economy (d) no ABS . I sat inside the palio and the space is reasonably OK but not as good as Getz.

I think If I had my way, I would like to have a Getz with the diesel engine and ABS. Since reality dictates otherwise, my choices are

(1) Book Getz diesel and wait 5 months.
(2) Buy Getz 1.3 with ABS right away.
(3) May be look at Palio.
(4) Book Swift Diesel with ABS and wait for 6 months.

Can you advise?
Old 13th December 2007, 13:10   #2
BHPian

Just called Advaith . they said they have 2 Diesel Getz in stock. at 6.6 L On road. Has any one in the forum bought a Getz diesel?

Any response would be much appreciated.
Old 13th December 2007, 19:49   #3
BHPian

Swift diesel is an excellent car and Swift vdi with ABS will suit you perfectly if u can wait for it.
Else even getz is a good car and has a more powerful engine but no ABS option. The FE of swift will be higher than Getz and also swift is cheaper than Getz by about 60k.

Swift is really a wonderful package and will suit you perfectly but if u want a car now then go ahead with the Getz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks