Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 21:38   #31
BHPian

If you can wait a bit then ....

As per Financial express.....the Outlander is soon on the line...
and its a gonna be a great product.....as Mitsibushi's are masters of producing gems of SUV"S.....
Old 24th May 2008, 10:15   #32
BHPian

Budhiraj, the Outlander will be only in Petrol. I strictly want a Diesel.
Old 24th May 2008, 10:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Devil. Are you sure the Montero has an automatic option? From what I heard it does not. The AT Captiva should be out soon as well. But since your heart is already off it no point going further

Did you try the Superb Diesel. Its a nice car and with AT. You can always add a Petes box later
Old 24th May 2008, 10:40   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Devil. Are you sure the Montero has an automatic option? From what I heard it does not.
Very recently launched, Dippy. Adds another 1.5 lakh to the price
Old 24th May 2008, 12:01   #35
BHPian

Rightly said, GTO! The onroad prices for the Mitsubishi Montero in HYD are :
Manual : 38,56,647/-
Auto : 40,07,912/-

Dippy, The skoda Superb, i dont find it worth it, as its just an elongated Octavia, and the interiors are just not worth the price. It is BEST for ppl who want to sit back, as there its very very spacious. But for me, its the drivers seat! Also, the NEW Skoda Superb, coming soon, is far better and much nicer looking - inside and outside! but thats gonna take till year end to launch.

@ Aadix, adi mate, Yes u rite, i was there at Delta Motors, jus getting more info on the 320d. The sales person tells me slowly, they do have 2007 models for the standard 320d (not highline, And he mentions the standard version as : LOWLINE! lol!)
I didnt get into details of that, as to the discounts, but was checking out the BMW Secure Insurance, and BMW Service and Repairs package, and discussing about the Tyres.

@ SAHIL: mate, when i had the td of 320d highline a month back, and i was sitting in the back seat, and my cousin zoomed over a pot hole, i almost cracked my spine with the heavy jolt the car gave! for a moment it felt like i am in a car with no suspensions!
Immediately after the 320d Testdrive, i went for the A4 Td, and that was like AWESOME suspensions!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 24th May 2008 at 12:03.
Old 24th May 2008, 13:32   #36
BHPian

Yes Insane you are right, the ride of the new BMW 320 D even after improvements is bit on harsher side

Well if you are strictly looking for a diesel then go for Passat high end version

It is really car to drive, has a good quality interiors and German build quality to it plus you will get good mileage
Old 24th May 2008, 22:11   #37
BHPian

Budhiraj, I am waiting for the new A4 to be launched, after its TD, then maybe i will be able to decide on something. Passat sure is a great thing!
Old 25th May 2008, 01:11   #38
BHPian

Yes you are right, that car is worth a wait, It looks a real eye turner with those sexy looking led Lamps

One of my cousin owns a petrol A4 (2007) and Merc C Class but still me and he both find the audi more fun to drive and better car, so expect the new to be even more better
Old 13th June 2008, 01:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi Insane Devil

I was in a similar situation ... I did not like the CRV's looks and was actually waiting for the Captiva since Dec 07.

When I finally test drove the Captiva, I was VERY dissappointed.
1) The engine sound intruded into the cabin. Almost as much as my 3 year old Viva crdi.
2) It was a very average drive for me. Not exciting at all. The handling was all numb. The performance can best be described as adequate. Mainly..The car didnt feel like a 18 lac car..
3) The reat seats are TERRIBLE. They are very bench like and not comfortable to sit on.

So I went for the test drive of the CRV, and the moment I sat behind the wheel, I was in love with the car. It rides well, Its good to drive and I found the interiors way better than Captiva. The seats are also more comfortable. Only minus is that there is no diesel option.

Personally I reccommend that you and the Mrs. take a test drive. You might change your mind.

The car, and its looks, grow on you

Also, Honda Siel has announced that there will be no diesel option in the CRV in the near future. I think this was mentioned in the editorial of Autocar.
Old 29th June 2008, 02:45   #40
BHPian

Hey Abhi J, well, am still here hoping they launch the Captiva Automatic soon! price no barrier, but it will be definatley worth it, as that would be the only Diesel SUV in that segment with an automatic! Frankly, in today's traffic conditions, a big SUV like this is more practical, i feel! more safe and sound! as of now, its just a big turmoil going on for me!

Even thou i dont approve of the interiors much, i wouldnt mind going for it, just for the AUTOMATIC! so that an year later, i can have a nice luxury sedan in petrol too, as if i have the captiva in diesel, will be driving this the most.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 29th June 2008 at 02:46.
Old 5th July 2008, 17:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Just had a thought about the Fortuner. There are talks that Toyota will be launching an MUV or SUV in 2009. The gaint is wakeing up from sleep, so may be you should wait a little more with your Tuctuc and hope that they announce their plan. Its wishfull thinking the Fortuner Diesel if launched will be in the same price band..
Old 5th July 2008, 20:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hey Abhi J, well, am still here hoping they launch the Captiva Automatic soon! price no barrier, but it will be definatley worth it,
Is GM planning to launch Captiva automatic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Just had a thought about the Fortuner. There are talks that Toyota will be launching an MUV or SUV in 2009.
Oh please, don't start the whole "toyota launching Fortuner" tangent. Even auto mags have given up on it now
Old 6th July 2008, 23:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Is GM planning to launch Captiva automatic ?
YES! It is currently under the Homologation process and is expected to launch anytime now till the end of this year. It will be 5speed Automatic with 4 Wheel drive.
Old 7th July 2008, 00:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
YES! It is currently under the Homologation process and is expected to launch anytime now till the end of this year. It will be 5speed Automatic with 4 Wheel drive.
Thanks for sharing. A diesel automatic SUV costing less than 25L on road would be awesome.
Old 7th July 2008, 01:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

The Captiva is an awesome car.
My Cousin has got it and is amazed by the car.
Go for a double din touch screen DVD Head Unit. and contact Pete's if he has a box for the Captiva as he has for the magnum

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks