Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2005, 15:41   #1
VMG
BHPian

Innova or Corolla.

Looks like buying the top end of Innova version (with ABS, Dual air bag, MP3 player) will be the good choice compare to Corolla? Price wise Innova is cheaper by about 80K. All features and comforts are also almost same. Except may be the power. Hope my views are correct or Am I missing something here.
Now, open for discussion.
Old 28th February 2005, 15:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well, one is a MUV another is a sedan...... cant compare the two. The MUV won't be that great a driver's car, but, the sedan will. Spacewise you obviously get more in the Innova. Powerwise, the Corolla is more powerful.
Depends on your need basically, if you need a people mover, and don't care about how driver friendly it is, the Innova should be the choice, otherwise, if driveability, comfort etc are looked at, then the Corolla.
Old 28th February 2005, 16:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
Well, one is a MUV another is a sedan...... cant compare the two. The MUV won't be that great a driver's car, but, the sedan will. Spacewise you obviously get more in the Innova. Powerwise, the Corolla is more powerful.
Depends on your need basically, if you need a people mover, and don't care about how driver friendly it is, the Innova should be the choice, otherwise, if driveability, comfort etc are looked at, then the Corolla.
Actually the innova is more powerful than the Corolla. Corolla makes 125 Ps @ 6000 rpm, 16.1kg-m @ 4200rpm whereas Innova makes 136 Ps@5600rpm, 18.6Kg-m@4000 rpm.
Old 28th February 2005, 16:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Actually the innova is more powerful than the Corolla. Corolla makes 125 Ps @ 6000 rpm, 16.1kg-m @ 4200rpm whereas Innova makes 136 Ps@5600rpm, 18.6Kg-m@4000 rpm.
oops, i meant power to weight ratio wise, the Corolla is better........
kerb weight of the Corolla is 1160kg.. so the power to weight ratio comes out to be around 106bhp/tonne(?).
while the kerb weight of the Innova is around 1700kg....so the power to weight ratio comes out to be around 80bhp/tonne(?).

Last edited by shravan316 : 28th February 2005 at 16:54.
Old 1st March 2005, 09:21   #5
BANNED

has to be Innova more value for the buck..
Old 1st March 2005, 09:44   #6
BHPian

My view:

what is wrong with you guys

INNOVA vs COROLLA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Leave the segment comparision;
a minivan Vs sedan
8 seater vs 4

I never knew people will be this confused , no offenses to any one just my plain view and comments on this issue

get your priorities straight and buy either, because they serve different purpose, both are from toyota.
Old 1st March 2005, 11:26   #7
BHPian

I did not go for the Innova since basically it is a mini van to ferry people
At the max, i will be riding with my wife and kid, ence chose the Fusion+.
But the Innova looks very good both in form and in specifications and if somebody travels a lot with 4/5 people, then it is very ideal for them.
Old 1st March 2005, 17:42   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Buddy,
Go for the innova.
Its not all that slow but i have heard that it is very comfortable and spacious.
Interiors too are world class and i am infact planning on one myself.
Oh and this is coming from a corolla owner.
BTW, i have not test driven it yet.
This is if you are planning on a sensible family car but of course if you want something that will be driven by you and the occasional family rides, then look no further then the corolla.
I am in love with that car.
Old 1st March 2005, 18:58   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
I did not go for the Innova since basically it is a mini van to ferry people
At the max, i will be riding with my wife and kid, ence chose the Fusion+.
But the Innova looks very good both in form and in specifications and if somebody travels a lot with 4/5 people, then it is very ideal for them.
You goind for the fushion Did not you check out other cars like the NHC which lie in the same segment.. the fushion interiors look ver cheap and platiky and also.. the car is way costlier for its segment.. around a lakh more costlier then the Getz..
Old 2nd March 2005, 10:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybach
You goind for the fushion Did not you check out other cars like the NHC which lie in the same segment.. the fushion interiors look ver cheap and platiky and also.. the car is way costlier for its segment.. around a lakh more costlier then the Getz..
U R right.
The Fusion interiors are not that good and it is one lakh more than what it should be.
But i wanted a maneuorable(?) car, not a sedan like NHC and Corolla. I somehow do not like corolla's shape. tad long for me. Tough the engine is a beauty. In short a bigger hatch.
I am keeping my fingers crossed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks