Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 16:42   #1
Rai
BANNED

Website about Jeep

Hello,
Can somebody guide me to the Correct LINK where I can find complete details about Mahindra Jeeps which are currently being manufactured by Mahindra?
Mahindra Website gives details about Scorpio, Bolero & Logan. But no details on Jeeps at all.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Regards
Rai

Note from mods: Chat/SMS Lingo is not permitted on Team-BHP. Please go through our announcement thread for board rules.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th August 2008 at 08:36.
Old 28th August 2008, 05:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

There is very little information about Mahindra Jeeps outside of the Scorpio and Bolero range in their corporate web-site. They make three other passenger models called the Mahindra Major, Invader and Marshal. You can search on this forum and get more information than the Mahindra web-site on these vehicles. The link is:

Light Commercial Vehicles | Three Wheelers | Commercial Vehicles - Mahindra

Go to Products, then UV and you will see some basic info on the other Mahindra vehicles. This forum definitely has more current info.
Old 28th August 2008, 10:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Raj. Good to see another 4X4 addict amongst many here.
Raj shoot of a PM to DHABAR.BEHRAM aka Behram bhai aka Jeep/Fiat Guru who is a well respected member of our forum.
He is a living encylopedia on M&M jeeps and would be able to help you get any information regarding M&M.
Also please make sure you go through the Board Rules of the forum if you already haven't.
Have a great stay here.

Last edited by Samurai : 28th August 2008 at 11:34. Reason: PM sent
Old 28th August 2008, 10:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

The word Jeep (with capital J) is not a generic word. It is a brand name owned by Chrysler Corporation ( Official Jeep Site - 4x4 SUV, Sport Utility Vehicle ). When someone refers to a Mahindra vehicle as a "jeep", he is speaking loosely to mean off-roadish and rugged vehicles like MM 540, Commander, Major, Marshal etc. As far as I know Mahindras don't have the license to use the word Jeep in any of their vehicles. In fact Chrysler is pretty upset with them for some design similarity issues of the front grill etc. This tiff was recently in the news.
Incidentally the word Jeep was coined from the GP (short for General Purpose) vehicles that became popular during WW II.
Sudipto
Old 28th August 2008, 10:51   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Behram : This thread poses a question indeed. I myself have been a wits end in trying to figure out Mahindra's offerings outside of the Scorpio & Bolero. How about a single, accurate and updated source of information on all Mahindra models? A website revamp is in order.
Old 28th August 2008, 10:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

They indeed have some very basic and rudimentary info on the other vehicles in their website under products => UV . Probably they think that those who use the Commanders and Majors don't use the internet to read up about them in advance !! But it will be a good idea if T-Bhp can do the job (that they are supposed to do) and also keep updating the changes as and when they happen.
Old 27th October 2008, 20:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ Behram : This thread poses a question indeed. I myself have been a wits end in trying to figure out Mahindra's offerings outside of the Scorpio & Bolero. How about a single, accurate and updated source of information on all Mahindra models? A website revamp is in order.
Any development happened on this front?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks