Team-BHP - Scorpio Query - SLE black with grey cladding?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Scorpio Query - SLE black with grey cladding? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/64636-scorpio-query-sle-black-grey-cladding.html)

My folks are planning to buy a Scorpio SLE soon. But they have a perplexing problem. There are only 4 shades available in SLE and they like black colour but I have come to know that the Mahindra is supplying the black SLE with grey cladding only. Which is a big no for us. Other option is to go for silver but the interior colour is beige which is another problem as it's not such a good colour combination with silver.

What I want to know is that is there anyway we could request Mahindra to get the cladding(inc bumpers) in black for black SLE or get the black allure interior in silver colour SLE? Any possibilities ?

So if anyone works for Mahindra or can shed some light on this matter then please help me out.

Cheers
Randhawa

Tell me about it, I was so dying to get my SLE in an all black, but had to eventually settle for the white as I am not a fan of the two tone paint jobs.
Another thing, IIRC the SLE irrespective of the colour on the exterior comes with the beige interiors and the VX gets the nicer black interiors.
Yet to see an all silver refreshed Scorpio though.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randhawa (Post 1461781)
What I want to know is that is there anyway we could request Mahindra to get the cladding(inc bumpers) in black for black SLE or get the black allure interior in silver colour SLE? Any possibilities ?
Cheers
Randhawa

Your best bet is to ask the dealership to get it painted for you. Will cost you a bomb though. I was in the same dilemma and nor was I a big fan of the two tone paint job.
Mahindra should have had a complete black vehicle on their shade cards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1461969)
Your best bet is to ask the dealership to get it painted for you. Will cost you a bomb though. I was in the same dilemma and nor was I a big fan of the two tone paint job.

Or find the OEM paint code and paint supplier and get it painted outside should be approx 5 to 10 K depending on negotiations.

Sometimes dealerships do the painting FOC as bargain try doing away other freebees like mats , idol ,sunfilm, polish and push for cladding painting.

get it painted from your friendly neighbourhood garage guy. It wont cost a bomb. since its the exteriors only, it wont matter much either. And I dont see how Mahindra could refuse a warranty based on claddings being painted. I plan to do the same myself when I get one. I hate the gray claddings too.

Amits idea about bargaining with the dealership sounds good too. Tell them you dont want any freebies, just the claddings painted. It should work.

I had the same concern, finally settled down for a white Scorpio. As mentioned earlier, the dealership can get it painted for you, but it costs a bomb (I was asked to shell out 17k). So, you will have to negotiate, and negotiate hard.
The other dealerships discouraged me from going for a paint job, since they felt that the paint would not look nice, and they felt that the cladding job might just stand out.

I hate beige interiors and tried to get the Silver with the Black Allure interiors but corporate refused. You can try but I doubt they will oblige. As someone else suggested repainting maybe your only option.

Usually Mahindra will not give you colour options for the interiors as per your liking.

We need to settle with whats offered. Absurd.

Well I was in a similar position as you wante dto buy the Bolero VLX and in Black. But the vehicle was available in only 3 colours and Black wasn't available. Spoke to the Dealer GM and RSM for Bolero for AP. Voila! Got my VLX in Black but it did take about 2 months.

I suggest you speak to the Brand Managers in M&M and they should be able to resolve your problem. PMing you their number.

get the cladding painted from the dealer itself or you can save money by getting it painted outside the dealership from a decent/reputed garage!

MM is selling vehilces to us, thats enough already!lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 1461811)
Tell me about it, I was so dying to get my SLE in an all black, but had to eventually settle for the white as I am not a fan of the two tone paint jobs.
Another thing, IIRC the SLE irrespective of the colour on the exterior comes with the beige interiors and the VX gets the nicer black interiors.
Yet to see an all silver refreshed Scorpio though.

manson.

If TATA can provide you with different interior colour then why cant the Mahindra do it aah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1461969)

Really don't fancy paying extra and also I prefer OEM paint job rather then getting it redone. Considering they will have to remove the bumpers and cladding to redo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 1462006)
Or find the OEM paint code and paint supplier and get it painted outside should be approx 5 to 10 K depending on negotiations.

Sometimes dealerships do the painting FOC as bargain try doing away other freebees like mats , idol ,sunfilm, polish and push for cladding painting.

I am not that lucky to get any freebees. They are offering me none as I have only two dealership around my city and booth of them are busy with their booking orders without any negotiations with the prospective buyers. Had a test drive of a new VLX with 1200 on the clock and a faulty gearbox. I mentioned about the problem and asked them to revert back to me about it after they get it checked but a week has passed and no reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1462264)
Well I was in a similar position as you wante dto buy the Bolero VLX and in Black. But the vehicle was available in only 3 colours and Black wasn't available. Spoke to the Dealer GM and RSM for Bolero for AP. Voila! Got my VLX in Black but it did take about 2 months.

I suggest you speak to the Brand Managers in M&M and they should be able to resolve your problem. PMing you their number.

Thanks a lot mate, will try my luck tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randhawa (Post 1463565)
Really don't fancy paying extra and also I prefer OEM paint job rather then getting it redone. Considering they will have to remove the bumpers and cladding to redo.

no actually cladding is not removed , for a proper paint job they mask rest of the area with a thick paper and then spray paint is done in paint-booth . If the paint used is same as OEM paint then there will not be any visible difference.

@Amitk26 That's not really a proper way to do it as it has silver base and you have to work on it before you can paint on it. For bumpers you will have to remove the fog lamps as well. Personally I would not like to do it on a 8L+ new vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randhawa (Post 1463598)
@Amitk26 That's not really a proper way to do it as it has silver base and you have to work on it before you can paint on it. For bumpers you will have to remove the fog lamps as well. Personally I would not like to do it on a 8L+ new vehicle.

Well .. of course silver paint needs to be sandblasted the point is rest of the body paint work is covered with Manila paper. Fog lamps , front grill etc are bolt on anyway and need to be removed.

It is lot better then removing the clading because some locks will miss anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 1463673)
Well .. of course silver paint needs to be sandblasted the point is rest of the body paint work is covered with Manila paper. Fog lamps , front grill etc are bolt on anyway and need to be removed.

It is lot better then removing the clading because some locks will miss anyway.

I don't agree...that's a shoddy way of doing it. Anyway, the easiest workaround is the get it done yourself, I don't see an issue here. It will cost cheaper outside and you can do a custom colour on it as well. Can you imagine a dark grey cladding on the black scorp...it looks killer...I've seen one.

EDIT: 1000th post ! I'm a senior now ! yaay !