Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 22:55   #1
B_T

Bolero Mid Row Modifications

Hello,

I was thinking about buying a Bolero (VLX). But the only thing that has been bothering me is the fixed middle row seating. I want some extra space as the vehicle will mostly be used to carry agricultural produce. Say, about 500Kgs once a week.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to make changes to the mid row to get rid of the current bench type fixed seat and install the fold-able split seats, like the ones that are available in a Xylo or a Scorpio.

Is this possible ? Has anyone done this before ? If so, any idea where in Bangalore I can get this done and what are the costs like ?

Would really appreciate some help regarding this.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:51   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

@BT:

This lack of a folding feature is a big draw back of the Bolero. Your best bet is to buy a middle row/third row seats from the Scorpio/Qualis/Tavera etc. These can be flipped over to give you extra boot space.
Old 19th February 2010, 11:43   #3
B_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@BT:

This lack of a folding feature is a big draw back of the Bolero. Your best bet is to buy a middle row/third row seats from the Scorpio/Qualis/Tavera etc. These can be flipped over to give you extra boot space.
4X4, did you mean that I could buy the mid/third row seat from other cars and get them installed on the Bolero ? Or did you mean that it is not possible to make any such customizations on the Bolero ? Sorry, I wasnt clear about your reply.
Old 20th February 2010, 18:16   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_T View Post
4X4, did you mean that I could buy the mid/third row seat from other cars and get them installed on the Bolero ? Or did you mean that it is not possible to make any such customizations on the Bolero ? Sorry, I wasnt clear about your reply.
Making a folding seat is not a herculean task..but finding the right workshop is !
Old 20th February 2010, 18:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_T View Post
Hello,

I was thinking about buying a Bolero (VLX). But the only thing that has been bothering me is the fixed middle row seating. I want some extra space as the vehicle will mostly be used to carry agricultural produce. Say, about 500Kgs once a week.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to make changes to the mid row to get rid of the current bench type fixed seat and install the fold-able split seats, like the ones that are available in a Xylo or a Scorpio.

Is this possible ? Has anyone done this before ? If so, any idea where in Bangalore I can get this done and what are the costs like ?

Would really appreciate some help regarding this.
I'm not sure whether the Bolero will be the right vehicle for carrying 500 Kgs of agricultural produce. The seat can be made foldable but full fold, you will not gain too much space . My suggestion would be to go for the Bolero Camper. There is actually a limited edition Bolero Camper that has just been launched which comes in Golden Colour and comes fitted with bull bars and front Hella's . And IIRC comes with the CRDe engine.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

For carrying 500 kgs, Camper is the best vehicle.

Could not find info on Mahindra website !!

Last edited by simplyself : 6th April 2010 at 13:24.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

www.mahindrasmallcv.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
For carrying 500 kgs, Camper is the best vehicle.

Could not find info on Mahindra website !!
Mahindra Bolero Camper DX: powerful multi-utility vehicle ( MUV )
Old 17th April 2010, 20:41   #8
BHPian

why dont you use Innova rear most foldable seats.These seats fold side ways.you get ample space for loading.but you loose one seating space. If it's
ok with you, go to a good fabricator.(cost of seat a pair should be 15K second hand.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks