Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 17:29   #16
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I feel EX is a better choice since it has airbags and GX doesn't. These days our highways have become so dangerous due to many morons behind wheels of trucket etc. Even if you are a cautious driver, there is always the trucker who will turn into your lane in the last moment when you are trying to overtake him at 120+. I feel airbags are a pre-requisite for a touring car in India now. If you don't care about airbags, then GX 4x4 is a good value bet.
nope Only the VX has Airbags (an ofcourse the DVD player with individual screens for middle row + full leather). LX, EX and GX do not have Airbags.

Between the two go for GX if budget does not permit VX.
Old 10th June 2010, 00:43   #17
A.R
BHPian

Does the VX variant have a screen in the front also? a roof dropdown one or in the dash?
Old 10th June 2010, 07:08   #18
R_R
BHPian

AFAIK only screens on the front seat headrests; none in the front (except the rearview mirror with the built-in reverse cam.
Old 28th June 2010, 07:14   #19
BHPian

Screens are on only on Front Headrests. I think Safari GX is a better choice as it has ABS. But as suggested by other members if budget permits you can go for Safari VX. But I do not think both of these variants have much difference except ABS and Airbags. If I am wrong here then please point it out to me.
Old 30th June 2010, 21:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

I've been driving around in a TCIC with no
  1. VVT engine
  2. Reverse camera
  3. ABS
  4. Air Bags
  5. DVD screens
Its an awesome vehicle.

I've done 2000 kms of highways on it and it was beautiful. It parts traffic nicely in the city and if you are willing to learn the art of SAFARI driving, then it would not seem to be a handful in the concrete jungle.

I liked the SCORPIO SAFARI comparison. I loved it when I got to know that it has more space than a Q7 - is more comfortable. My cousin is 6'4"", he cannot sit in any seat other than the front seats of his BOLERO, but he can even sit in the rear jump seats of the SAFARI

There is this bloke who lives in my area. He had a steel grey 2.2 VVT, one of the earliest models. I used to envy his beast. Then one day I noticed his vehicle shining a little extra. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that he had now gone and exchanged his old SAFARI for the latest 2010 one, same colour, VX with LEDs in the rear view mirrors. That's what a SAFARI does to men.
Old 30th June 2010, 21:58   #21
BANNED

The thread starter has vanished.

That probably was his first and last post on T-BHP

6th June 2010 this thread started, and his last visit on T-BHP is 13th June 2010

I feel, we can have this thread closed.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:41   #22
BHPian

hello friends

Im also on the look out to buy a safari GX.
One quick question..

the road tax must be calculated after the applying discount to the ex showroom price or on the listed ex showroom price.
The dealer tells me the KA RTO doesnt agree for road tax applied after discount. they argue saying as a dealer you may give even 1 lac as discount, but we need tax on ex showroom value.

How much is the % of tax for GX version should it be? the dealer is saying 18.7% (its about 1.88lacs for a non existent road in Bangalore)
The RTO website lists it 5-10 lacs vehicles 14% and above 10lacs-20lacs as 17%
The exshowroom price listed is 1010662/-

thanks
Keyan
Old 5th July 2010, 18:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
hello friends

How much is the % of tax for GX version should it be? the dealer is saying 18.7% (its about 1.88lacs for a non existent road in Bangalore)
The RTO website lists it 5-10 lacs vehicles 14% and above 10lacs-20lacs as 17%
The exshowroom price listed is 1010662/-

thanks
Keyan
There is a 10% CESS on tax so if tax is 17%, the total comes up to 17 + 1.7 = 18.7%. So, the dealer is right about that part of your query.
Old 5th July 2010, 18:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaksboss View Post
Scorpio -

Before the test drive I was leaning towards the Scorpio.. thanks to its looks.. The test drive, I should say was a disappointment.. The car was not comfortable at all.. The driver seat is too cramped with hardly any space to move about. It was like, I was stuck to the door. Even to adjust the seat position, I had to shift my body.. The seats were not too comfortable too.. The gear transmission was very rough.. I had to struggle to slot the gear in its position.. The machine did respond, when I tried pressing the peddle. Acceleration was pretty good.

Safari -

I was neutral to Safari when I went for the test drive. The seats (both front & middle) were very comfortable with adequate leg room. gear transmission was pretty alright.. I had to struggle with the third gear for which the sales man responded saying - one round of tuning will fix it.. The car did well in the acceleration department too.. Braking was excellent..

EXACTLY the same what I felt after test driving the scorpio and the safari.The scorpio testdrive was a disappointment. Had a lot of expectations from the scorpio. The plastics was better in safari when compared to scorpio.I havent decided yet which one to go for.Guess I wil wait for the all new Safari and the world SUV from mahindra

Last edited by zteg : 5th July 2010 at 18:54.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:35   #25

Thanks for the input friends.. I have been going back and forth with this decision on SAFARI.. Made up my mind now.. I am booking it next weekend..

Will update you on my experience..
Old 11th July 2010, 20:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaksboss View Post
Thanks for the input friends.. I have been going back and forth with this decision on SAFARI.. Made up my mind now.. I am booking it next weekend..
Will update you on my experience..
I will not comment on your opinion on Scorpio because its a personal choice. May be you are tall thats why you felt that way.

Congrats that you have decided. Have you made up your mind for the model?

If you dont mind can you share where did you TD Scorpio and Safari in Delhi?
Old 11th July 2010, 23:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the decision mate, waiting for the SAFARI to turn up now
Old 5th August 2010, 16:59   #28
BHPian

hello

congrats on your decision to buy a safari, me too booking on saturday

i have one query. MODS if this is out of place please do the needful

i wanted to ask, the ex showroom price listed by tata website for each city , it must match the dealers list also right,
because i do not know if tata have reduced the price because

when i went 2 days back i got ex shrm thane price 9.78l [gx, bs4, 4x2]and now tata website shows the same car price as 9.58 .

infact i checked the price for mumbai and all have reduced by 20k, so has tata reduced price from august

i need to talk ti my dealer about this before booking

any help appreciated
Old 5th August 2010, 17:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
hello

congrats on your decision to buy a safari, me too booking on saturday

i have one query. MODS if this is out of place please do the needful

i wanted to ask, the ex showroom price listed by tata website for each city , it must match the dealers list also right,
because i do not know if tata have reduced the price because

when i went 2 days back i got ex shrm thane price 9.78l [gx, bs4, 4x2]and now tata website shows the same car price as 9.58 .

infact i checked the price for mumbai and all have reduced by 20k, so has tata reduced price from august

i need to talk ti my dealer about this before booking

any help appreciated
Thank you for this information lodhra. I too am going to take delivery of 2 Safari VX's on 1st September and after you posted, I too checked Tata's website and I too can confirm that the prices have been reduced by atleast 27000/- in my case. That means that I am going to save atleast 54000/- on two vehicles. I have not called up the dealership yet but will do so in the next few days to confirm the same from them.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:33   #30
BHPian

hi

then if its true i must thank my decision, everyone was against me for booking on saturday, so good i had 2 days on it.

anyways i think whatever price is on delivery day that becomes applicable, but good 20k saved wow

thanks tata

will talk to dealer tomm however my question still remainds unanswered through it may eb a novice one

the ex showroom prices tata show on the website they must match the respective dealers ex showroom price????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks