Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2011, 10:07   #1
BHPian

Queries about purchasing a Maruti Eeco

Dear friends,
I am planning to buy an EECO 5 seater AC. I was told by the Dealer that i can add 2 jump seats in the rear to convert it to a 7 seater for just 5k. Also i can install a rear AC like the versa for 14.5k to make it a twin AC model, the warranty will be intact if twin Ac fitted from dealer.

I currently own a OHC 1.3 with BRC CNG Kit. I plan to add a BRC CNG kit after 6-8 months of usage of EECO as the factory fitted Sequential kit is very costly, also the waiting for the factory fitted cng kit car is 2-3 months against the waiting period for non cng car which is 2-3 weeks.

Also the closed loop kit from BRC is almost half the price of the factory fitted seq kit, with not much difference in the performance.

I just wanted to know if anyone has an eeco with 2 jump seats installed behind and also with a cng kit and also with a twin AC, about the performance.

Also i have seen a few eeco's with the seating arrangement like the Omni-E.

I am very confused regarding what type of seating arrangement i shud opt for and whether the engine will perform better with the cng kit as the engine is only 73 bhp as compared to my OHC 90 bhp.

Also does the dealer give any freebies like mudflaps or rubber mats along with the car?

I had a talk with Spectra motors at Thane.

Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.
Old 26th January 2011, 11:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Eeco

Don't it is dangerous and the car never built for this both from a durability standpoint and most importantly safety. Also, you will note in your RC book, how many passengers are allowed
Old 26th January 2011, 11:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Get a factory fitted EECO CNG AC. Its not that expensive and is a good competent van. I have seen some eecos with jump seats but they are utterly dangerous. Or better, wait for the tata venture diesel which will launch soon in your city.
Old 26th January 2011, 12:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabhayshah76 View Post
Dear friends,
I am planning to buy an EECO 5 seater AC. I was told by the Dealer that i can add 2 jump seats in the rear to convert it to a 7 seater for just 5k. Also i can install a rear AC like the versa for 14.5k to make it a twin AC model,
Instead i will go for Tata Venture. It is already available in Maharashtra and Rajasthan and will be available pan India shortly. It is sold by both Tata Passenger cars and Commercial vehicles dealerships. So 800+ dealers and service centres....
Old 26th January 2011, 12:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

To avoid infringing on the RC book (which will be calling it a 5 seater), you could look at the other option of buying the 7 seater non AC version of the Eeco, and then fitting the AC. This too is done by some dealers I think, but better to confirm issues like warranty, performance and so on, before taking the plunge.

I too would suggest that you could just wait a bit, and test drive the Tata Venture, before coming to any conclusions, unless you are particular about a petrol / CNG version vehicle.
Old 26th January 2011, 12:43   #6
BHPian

Thank you friends for replying. I am not going for a 7 seater as i have heard and read in reviews that the last row seats have very less leg room for even average heighted passengers. Also the 5 seater can b used as a 5 or a 7 seater whenever reqd by just removing or adding the last bench seats as per the requirement.

About Tata Venture, i have really loved the car in pics and it looks upclass as compared to Eeco from inside, but since its a Tata product, i really have some apprehensions regarding its quality and the initial version as tata is known to make major changes in its later versions as per the customer complaints and feedbacks. So i dont want to b used a guinea pig by the Tatas (Sorry no offence meant if i have hurt hard core tata users). I have used Tata Indica and had to sell off the car due to lot of maintenance issues inspite of low mileage.

I am open to diesel options but only a Tata Venture is an option left.

Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.
Old 26th January 2011, 13:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dont install Jump Seats. They are uncomfortable and dangerous.

Buy a 7 seater and add a Rear AC from MASS and waranty will remain intact. Aftermarket Installations that cut wires void the warranty.
Old 31st January 2011, 22:25   #8
BHPian

Re: Queries about purchasing a Maruti Eeco

Guys finally booked 5 seater EECO with AC at Spectra Motors, Thane on 28th. The executive Mr.Prashant Garud was very very co-operative in discussion and test drives (had 2 TDs within a fortnight) and decided to go ahead. I had read about the arrogance of MARUTI Showroom executives but here had a totally different experience.The waiting period is 2 weeks though.

Also the guy called up today stating there was a 2010 yr model for immediate delivery with approx 5k discount but i insisted on having a 2011 model only.

Regards.
Old 1st February 2011, 07:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Dr Abhayshah, wishing you a happy buying and ownership experience !

Could you please share your TD experience of the Eeco, since it would help others.

And waiting for your separate ownership thread. There are very few ownership threads for the Eeco on Team BHP. Maybe the owners have hardly any problems to report
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Eeco seems to have a stalling issue at low speeds. Do confirm if that's the case.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:23   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabhayshah76 View Post
Dear friends,
I am planning to buy an EECO 5 seater AC. I was told by the Dealer that i can add 2 jump seats in the rear to convert it to a 7 seater for just 5k. Also i can install a rear AC like the versa for 14.5k to make it a twin AC model, the warranty will be intact if twin Ac fitted from dealer.

I currently own a OHC 1.3 with BRC CNG Kit. I plan to add a BRC CNG kit after 6-8 months of usage of EECO as the factory fitted Sequential kit is very costly, also the waiting for the factory fitted cng kit car is 2-3 months against the waiting period for non cng car which is 2-3 weeks.

Also the closed loop kit from BRC is almost half the price of the factory fitted seq kit, with not much difference in the performance.

I just wanted to know if anyone has an eeco with 2 jump seats installed behind and also with a cng kit and also with a twin AC, about the performance.

Also i have seen a few eeco's with the seating arrangement like the Omni-E.

I am very confused regarding what type of seating arrangement i shud opt for and whether the engine will perform better with the cng kit as the engine is only 73 bhp as compared to my OHC 90 bhp.

Also does the dealer give any freebies like mudflaps or rubber mats along with the car?

I had a talk with Spectra motors at Thane.

Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.
The second AC for 14.5 k does it come with an additional compressor, or is it just an additional blower, please keep us informed about the outcome once the AC is installed as to how the cooling is and the power loss due to AC.
Old 3rd February 2011, 13:10   #12
BHPian

Honestly, I would suggest that its better to get the EECO 7 seater which is RTO passed than fitting an extra seat. It saves you the headache of the compliance.
And get the AC fitted from the dealer so that you can get WARRANTY COVERAGE.
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

A problem with the 7 seater could be poor second row comfort, I guess. The 2 passengers in the second row can feel a bit cramped, since the width of the second row seat is reduced in order to allow entry to the 3rd row.

Last edited by mooza : 3rd February 2011 at 14:49.
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:06   #14
BHPian

A similar model is due from chevy.
If you have time and patience you can wait.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:25   #15
BHPian

Friends i need your help now. The sales executive from Spectra motors had promised me the delivery of my EECO in 2 weeks time. But now its almost 4 weeks and no sign of the car. I had gone to the Showroom to enquire and have got a reply from other executive that the car will take another 2 weeks for being delivered.
Is there any way out i can contact the concerned superiors from Maruti by email? Cos my 1st EMI is due in the 1st week of March and no car....
Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks