Team-BHP - Vintage car lovers and travellers - meet the Zapps on Wednesday 4th at NSCI Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Vintage car lovers and travellers - meet the Zapps on Wednesday 4th at NSCI Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/118426-vintage-car-lovers-travellers-meet-zapps-wednesday-4th-nsci-mumbai.html)

Attention all vintage car enthusiasts, avid travellers and enthusiasts

I hope you have seen this thread on the inspirational story of the Zapp family

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...ham-paige.html

Tres Americas: welcome-alaska

They have been on the road (practically non-stop) driving across the world since 1999 in a 1928 Graham Paige, and even raised a family of 4 children on the way.

The Zapps are in Bombay currently, and we are hosting a small meet on Wednesday, 4th April. Besides the great opportunity to hear more about their journey, we want to take this chance to pass the hat around and raise some much needed moolah to cover shipping costs of the car to South Africa - their next destination.

Vintage car lovers and travellers - meet the Zapps on Wednesday 4th at NSCI Mumbai-001.jpg

The venue and food costs work out to approximately 625 per head (anything extra at actuals), and we have mutually come to a figure of Rs. 1200 per head for the meet - the balance money will go towards shipping costs for the car. Any extra contributions will definitely be welcome.

The venue is NSCI Club at Worli, 8pm - and we have capacity of 150 people - we must try and fill up:)

So do spread the word to family and friends and turn up in large numbers.

Please confirm your attendance ASAP to Amol 'the mole' Nayak on 9820937454

If I may contribute to the dinner, please do count me in! I Have travelled about 20.000 km through Europe in my Traction Avant and been helped/hosted/assisted by the most wonderful people, so if one can help them to ship the car, I am up for it.
SMSing Amol Nayak now.
Daniel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philedonos (Post 2732612)
If I may contribute to the dinner, please do count me in! I Have travelled about 20.000 km through Europe in my Traction Avant and been helped/hosted/assisted by the most wonderful people, so if one can help them to ship the car, I am up for it.
SMSing Amol Nayak now.
Daniel

Looking forward to seeing you there. If I had heard of your feat one week back, I would have been blown away. But after seeing the Graham Paige covering 200,000 kms, 20k seems trivial:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 2732684)
Looking forward to seeing you there. If I had heard of your feat one week back, I would have been blown away. But after seeing the Graham Paige covering 200,000 kms, 20k seems trivial:D

>>>

karl,

Kudos to this remarkable family. And kudos to my vintage loving friends here by pitching in to support them. I have been thinking about this ever since I swa your post with the pics, this afternoon. Query - is this dinner restricted only for vintage car owners or can others also join?

Regards

issigonis

P.S. : Messaged Sumit of International Tyres also, as their family assembled Graham Paige in Calcutta ( I think) in the 20s

Quote:

Originally Posted by issigonis

>>>

karl,

Query - is this dinner restricted only for vintage car owners or can others also join?

Regards

issigonis

P.S. : Messaged Sumit of International Tyres also, as their family assembled Graham Paige in Calcutta ( I think) in the 20s

The meet is open to anyone who is intrested in meeting this remarkable family and their faithful car, you dont have to own any car :-) the more the merrier

Id love to come and had already confirmed orally to a friend yesterday, turns out, i have a family dinner to attend. If i do get free, i will definitely make it, else, miss me:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2732726)
Id love to come and had already confirmed orally to a friend yesterday, turns out, i have a family dinner to attend. If i do get free, i will definitely make it, else, miss me:(

You shall be allowed a late entry V16!

Good afternoon guys a small update on our meet:

As you are aware we are meeting at NSCI at 8pm however some of us will already be there by 7pm and you can come in earlier if you choose to, as requested by some bhpians. Now the meet is being held at NSCI club at worli in the "prince room" at the ground level next to the swimming pool. We will try to park the " graham paige" in a prominent position to highlight the entrance to our meet. Ample and secure parking is available to non members for a flatcharge of rs 50/- donot forget to take a receipt for it as it may be required when making an exit. There is good food! Beverages will be served at cost by the club. So guys look forward to seeing everyone this evening.

Regards
Amol

And again All Bhpians are invited, you don't have to be only a vintage and classic car enthusiast