Team-BHP - Team-BHP drive to Nandi hills meet report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Team-BHP drive to Nandi hills meet report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/23368-team-bhp-drive-nandi-hills-meet-report-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 424829)
Samurai, with all due respect, this is one of the few threads that we are all on and we're talking on. I see a lot of other meet threads which go nowhere.

As I see it, the meet is over, reports were posted, photos were posted, videos were posted, lots of discussion on the meet happened. Now all I see is general chitchat and OT talk.

This is a meet thread, we will be storing this forever. Why should anybody who reads this thread in future go through all the chit chat? What value does it add to the thread? Please understand why we mods intervene, we want to keep the threads meaningful and focussed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 424844)
Eh!!.. is that how you console your self :D

Godfather

lol:... Exactly what even i wanted to ask...

@ Akshay : Is the video not yet ready

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 424844)
Eh!!.. is that how you console your self :D

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 424872)
lol:... Exactly what even i wanted to ask...

@ Akshay : Is the video not yet ready

You'll both notice that there is a "I hope" at the very end exactly intended to ward off jokers like you. Amen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 424869)
As I see it, the meet is over, reports were posted, photos were posted, videos were posted, lots of discussion on the meet happened. Now all I see is general chitchat and OT talk.

Samurai.. we are still waiting for some more videos that Mr v1p3r is supposed to post...Can we wait to lock the thread after that??

Godfather

Not very clear pics, taken from phone cam.... Nevertheless...

The 3 Baleno Boys with their cars

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 424874)
You'll both notice that there is a "I hope" at the very end

So you meant to say you tried it and it didnt work out well with you so You Hope it works out fine for v1p3r is it ?

Hey Noodles you might call us Jokers but You are the Joke you see :p...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 424876)
Samurai.. we are still waiting for some more videos that Mr v1p3r is supposed to post...Can we wait to lock the thread after that??

See the two posts after my post, what value are they adding? If v1p3r takes one more week, this thread will double in size exchanging sweet nothings. Anyway, I'll lock this thread until v1p3r is ready to post this videos. He can PM the mods when he is ready.

Priyank , thanks a ton ..

Here is a video of the descent .. Youtube doesn't seem to be uploading the video .. Tried 3 times and it gets stuck at 10% .. You can use realplayer or vlc media player to see the video ..

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Enjoy maadi ..

mclaren1885 - thats a very good video. Thx for posting. Where was your lug-stricken Baleno pulled over - didnt see it in the video.

tadu - great drive. Nice overtaking the v1p3r Baleno. And thats Vikram_D's black Swift that I was driving which you overtook after some compassion from me. Btw - who was your navigator?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 425222)
mclaren1885 - thats a very good video. Thx for posting. Where was your lug-stricken Baleno pulled over - didnt see it in the video.

Well I remember having pulled over to the RHS twice to check what had happened .. Initially I had feared driveshaft failure , then realized that it had to be the rims on the second attempt .. Have a video from my car , will upload it by morning ..

Whatever happened to the practice of giving way to those who are climbing (Turn 1) ??? Or was he stuck?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 425234)
Whatever happened to the practice of giving way to those who are climbing (Turn 1) ??? Or was he stuck?

That was a KSRTC bus that had broken down at the exact center of that hairpin curve. And the driver also had given up trying to repair it and was having a smoke on the parapet wall

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 425234)

The bus was concked .. I heard the first lot of cars that went down had a real scare .. The bus was stationed a bit further down the road then .. Luckily while coming down it was easily spotted by all of us ..

Even lucky we were that we could squeeze through .. If not , we might have to be there only for a good part of 3hrs or so until they got some help ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 425243)
Even lucky we were that we could squeeze through .. ..

Eh!!!.. My Truck went through that gap without any issues... Its just how good you are at handling Trucks..;)

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 425335)
Eh!!!.. My Truck went through that gap without any issues... Its just how good you are at handling Trucks..;)

Godfather

Your truck doesn't need a road at all ;)..

Anyways , here is another video I managed to upload .. Its the higway cruising ..
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Can someone tell me what software to use to edit certain portions of the clip ?? Windows movie maker doesn't seem to recognize the format .. Its in 3gpp ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 425997)
Can someone tell me what software to use to edit certain portions of the clip ?? Windows movie maker doesn't seem to recognize the format .. Its in 3gpp ..

Convert 3gp to WMV or AVI or any format that windows movie maker supports.
To convert try total video convertor (Shareware), SUPER (freeware), MediaCoder (freeware).

Nice video btw.