Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2007, 18:51   #1
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai Mini Meet Saturday 18.08.2007

Friends: We had this great impromptu meet yesterday.
V-16, Karlosdeville, President and I; Shrivz, moralfibre, R32_GTR and Amey

I like to think, it all started with my long awaited first meeting up with V-16 for lunch. We were soon joined by Karlosdeville and President.

We saw V-16's Mercedes W-110 Heckfloβe, Mazda Miata ragtop, VW Golf GTi, 1990 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit, 1962 Dodge Dart 440 and vintage Norton motorbike. I especially loved the Dodge Dart 440. It's a Canadian model right hand drive with push-button automatic transmission. Hope he gets a windshield soon.

R32_GTR joined. He was recovering from a fall at Sydney and temporarily using crutches.

After treating us to a sumptuous lunch, V-16 drove us in his black Innova.

We saw this dead blue Golf occupied by Mickey Mouse at Matunga.

We dropped off R32_GTR at his friend's and proceeded to Chor Bazaar, Mutton St.

The drive passed through some of Mumbai's heaviest traffic, I've seen in a long time. From heavily loaded handcarts at Crawford Market to poorly skilled Tata Ace drivers... This is embarassing, but I sure was glad, I wasn't driving.

Chor Bazaar held a treasure trove of parts from wrecked and parted out old cars. There was a complete W203 Mercedes Benz 300D left hand drive automatic, a couple of complete Padminis and a Maruti 800 with a faux Momo wood-finish steering wheel.

President picked up a triplet of Fiamm horns (with metal trumpets) and a dog horn (motor horn).

Karlos picked up a set of aluminium grille components for his new-old Fiat 1100/103 and a pair of round gauges.

Other curiosities seen were a corroded Morris 8 wheel rim, a 1947-Hillman snout, a large number of Fiat grilles in various states of disrepair, Hindustan Landmaster gauges, Hindustan 14 grille, a 1959 Vauxhall Cresta PA diamond-shaped tail light, a complete Sipani Dolphin engine, ..., too many bits and pieces to recount...

The junk dealer said, he also had all four doors and bonnet for the 1947 Hillman.

In the evening we caught up with Shrivz, moralfibre and Amey.
Amey's new white diesel Swift with its Lenso Samurai alloys looked really bling. He also had new ICE put in. I'll leave it upto our other friends to fill-in the details. Loved its motorized tilt faceplate.

Shrivz's 2000 Baleno now looks really muscular with its new 15-inch Lenso GTR alloys and 205/50R15 tires.

Friends, please fill-in stuff I've missed out, from your perspectives and also your photos.

Cheers...
Ram
Old 19th August 2007, 19:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

We had a great meet indeed. As usual, my Bombay trips are action packed, morning-evening visits, ending with the customary chor bazaar trip. Gogi played the perfect host (as always), and we had a great time discussing unheardof cars as we strolled through his stables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
The drive passed through some of Mumbai's heaviest traffic, I've seen in a long time. From heavily loaded handcarts at Crawford Market to poorly skilled Tata Ace drivers... This is embarassing, but I sure was glad, I wasn't driving.
Thats true, it has to be the worst Ive seen. And Gogi's also the first man Ive seen brave enough to take his new Innova in that traffic all the way upto the bazaar!
Old 20th August 2007, 00:06   #3
BHPian

The meet was great!
At night, we met up with a few other members (namely: NC, Manson, Addy and Powerfreak) at chembur, but couldnt stick too long since we had to drive back to Pune.

cheers!
Old 20th August 2007, 00:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah Love these inpromtu meets. Its always fun. Should make it more often guys. Great meeting you for the first time Ram and you too R32_GTR. Prasad was pleasantly (I hope) shocked to see that we were, a not so younger lot, with the exception of Karl, as he had expected.
And lovely to meet you again Karlosdeville, Moralfibre, President, Shrivz and Amey. Lovely wheels Shrivz and Amey and a super ice set up Amey. Way to go. Pics please of the wheels you two.
Micky in the Golf was a real poser.

Last edited by V-16 : 20th August 2007 at 00:25. Reason: Add
Old 20th August 2007, 00:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Got to hear about the meet. Couldnt get out of the house since I had to be home with granny. Missed meeting all you Pune boys plus havent met Gogi in a long time. Had planned for I Day eve but didnt work. Lets meet this week Gogi.

And Shriv pics of the Baleno please
Old 20th August 2007, 00:40   #6
BHPian

It was another action packed mumbai trips. Met many guys.
Thanks Ram for the compliments credit goes to MF,Shrivz, B&T for making this possible. Will post a completely new thread covering the entire thing.
It was a pleasure meeting Gogi sir once again.
Old 20th August 2007, 00:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Got to hear about the meet. Couldnt get out of the house since I had to be home with granny. Missed meeting all you Pune boys plus havent met Gogi in a long time. Had planned for I Day eve but didnt work. Lets meet this week Gogi.

And Shriv pics of the Baleno please

Anytime sir. Am free and waiting. Was busy the whole of last week.
Old 20th August 2007, 00:50   #8
BHPian

Before:

After:

Pics courtesy amey!

Those S-drives are fantastic.. It was a pleasure driving on the expressway after that!
I'm loving it!!

EDIT: will take pics of the car tomorrow when its clean.. and then post..

Last edited by shrivz : 20th August 2007 at 00:53.
Old 20th August 2007, 00:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Anytime sir. Am free and waiting. Was busy the whole of last week.
Why dont you maro a trip to Pune one of these days??
Old 20th August 2007, 01:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Why dont you maro a trip to Pune one of these days??
Am coming soon and Karl has even promised me Dhansak at Dorabjees....yum yum...BTW, your rims look LAOWLY in the pics too. Delicious. Can almost eat them.!!
Old 20th August 2007, 01:06   #11
BHPian

Thank you!!!
Old 20th August 2007, 01:11   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Thank you!!!
Ok now that people are drooling over your alloys, where is my commission for the pics and helping you choose the alloys
Old 20th August 2007, 01:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Ok now that people are drooling over your alloys, where is my commission for the pics and helping you choose the alloys
Amey why dont you post pics of your equally delicious alloys on your Vdi bud?
Old 20th August 2007, 01:25   #14
BHPian

Hmm.. amee, we could strike a deal here.. you can get the tire pressure gauge in exchange for your ice! What say???
Old 20th August 2007, 01:59   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds like a fun time was had by all. Man you guys really love cars. You should join some car lovers group or something.

Oh wait...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks