Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 18:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Had a wonderful evening! Congrats Planet and Indrani. Have a great life ahead together!
The post-reception celebrations were the icing on the cake so to speak. As vrooooooom said, we got a chance to sample Shuvd's 225 Bhp monster. That kick you get when the turbo engages, followed by a rocket-like propulsion.... man... you gotta experience it to believe it!! Thanks shuvd for giving us the opportunity

After the turbo charged madness, we had a little taste of a much more subdued Phoenix. The handling of the car, though, was sublime.... I had some amazing fun throwing the car into corners myself, but had to endure some rather nervous moments when the others had their turn!!
The drive back was good fun too, though I felt like I was standing still when Shuvd roared past in the Octy. For the record, I was doing 110+ !!
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

First of all, congrats Planet and ETC er ECU er PCU(PlanetControlUnit) oops, Indrani. It was an amazing reception with good good food!
The drive later on was something to remember. I finally got to drive the Phoenix. Wow! shes smooth. And, handles like a dream. (note to self: save up for PP2s) Thanks Razor!

@ Sabre - Thanks for posting the report and the pikchaars! Alto ka audition is still due.

@ Shuvc - Silver Arrow ICE audition is due!
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:41   #18
BHPian

Congrats Planet and Indrani. Have a blissful married life.
Old 3rd February 2008, 00:05   #19
Team-BHP Support

congrats Planet and Indrani and as jkdas and maverick have said - welcome to the club

after the reception we got to drive the 225 Bhp beast and the modded Phoenix. This was the first time I got to drive an Octy and what an Octy it was. I can say only one thing - I have not driven anything like it yet and the power was more than I could handle comfortably. It was like driving a RD for the first time. Phoenix too has come a long way and its handling was impeccable. Raor was taking it into corners at speeds which I can only dream about in my Baleno. The drive from Salt Lake to South Kolkata was like a time warp with all the cars going well above 140 for most of the part. Overall an amazing meet, thanks to the bhpians and particularly Planet and Indira.
Old 3rd February 2008, 00:19   #20
BHPian

[quote=shuvd;708898]@ Sabre - Thanks for posting the report and the pikchaars! Alto ka audition is still due.
quote]

You're welcome sir...btw give and take policy....you let me experience the uber fast Octy (obviously you at the wheel with me sitting in the rear with seat belts on)...I let you audition and obviously have you tune the ICE....
Old 3rd February 2008, 01:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Planet Rocker
Old 3rd February 2008, 06:11   #22

Sumantra da.... CONGRATS...!!!! May you have a happy and blissful life ahead.. Everyone has to go down once in life...!! : - ) It was your turn this time..!

Sorry dada couldn't make it to your wedding... but would definitely like to meet you and your lovely wife someday..!

Guys let's all give Planet a gala party.. what say???? Next sat or sun.. we throw a party for Planet and his lovely wife.. but dada you got to bring your saalis too.. ; - )

Guys let's all give him a rocking party after all he is our very own Planet Rocker...!!
All the guys who couldn't make it to planet's wedding... NOW'S UR CHANCE..!
Old 3rd February 2008, 13:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadbajaj View Post
Everyone has to go down once in life...!! : - )

----------------------------20 chars---------------------------
Old 3rd February 2008, 21:04   #24
BHPian

Congratulations Planet & Etc. Wishing a happy married life.

Was the couple driven home in shuvd's RS?

cya
A
Old 4th February 2008, 09:44   #25
BHPian

Hey Congrats planet and Etc.

Must have been an unique wedding... I guess you had shuvd's octy and shuvc's ICE to do the 'shanai' bit at the wedding...

Suman and myself, we were talking about you only yesterday when we met up for the 1st time...

@ the Kolkatan BHPians.... Hey how come all this never used to happen when I was there... Guess am missing out on a lot... really wnt to see shuvd's octy... am hearing soo much about it...

@Shuvd: put up a pic of your octy on the garage... man show us your baby...

@ Planet.... gurudev.. your party is due here also.. don't worry we'll welcome you with band baaja too.... just tell us when you coming down here... will treat you like a baraati... since we have the ICE master gunbir here...

Anyways Congratulations Once Again... and wish you all the happiness and the vroooms in the world....
Old 4th February 2008, 11:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Guys, guys come on! No more ETC business. She's now officially Mrs. Planet Rocker!

@ Absar - Mines not RS. Its the Rider. My car was there in case the newly weds wanted to use the huge boot! With some additional "thrust" from the engine and the boom boom tube

@ Krazydriver - I already have my car on the garage!

@ Planet - Enjoy your madhu chaand. Just don't go chasing after old Fiats and not so old firangis! Am out of here. Planet bhai maaf karna, couldn't help it!
Old 4th February 2008, 11:28   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Planet - Enjoy your madhu chaand.
Shaa**a madhu chand! Modhu-chandrima guru, modhu-chandrima

Hey planet, cool mann. And a beeg congrats to Indrani as well (no ETC business henceforth). And I am earnestly hoping no one handed you that RC on the d-day! haa haa haaaa

On the next trip to kolkata will have to meet both you guys as hubby-and-wifey. That will be great. And I also hope that Indrani does not stop attending the meets henceforth.

The food part I seemed to have missed on big time. :-|
Old 4th February 2008, 11:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Shaa**a madhu chand! Modhu-chandrima guru, modhu-chandrima
Oops! My bad! Twenty20
Old 4th February 2008, 16:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sumantra & Indrani, congrats & wish you both a long & happy married life!

Though this thread had more of the 225 bhp Octy than anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
My car was there in case the newly weds wanted to use the huge boot!
Lol! And congrats to you too! From what I've been reading this morning, sounds like there's one hell of a ride in store when I next hit Kol!!
Old 4th February 2008, 20:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

The Latest I heard, is that Planet is checking the underbody of all the Taxi's in Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks