Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 01:05   #121
Team-BHP Support

Way to go boys. Nice pictures. What happened? Have the Bombay boys left from Bombay or not?
Old 28th April 2008, 10:00   #122
BHPian

Nice to see your faces after a long time at the tea-stop !
Old 28th April 2008, 10:21   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Arrey waah, the Baleno has a grille!!

P.S. Forgot to add "Finally"!!
Yes, and a special thanks to a special someone from freedabad for making it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Way to go boys. Nice pictures. What happened? Have the Bombay boys left from Bombay or not?
The bombay boys arrived late at chandni chowk, they started from chandni chowk when we were on our way back. We missed them on the way since they took the longer route from Paud Phata. Tho, I met up with them later at ABC farms for a bit.
Old 28th April 2008, 11:53   #124
BHPian

Nice pictures guys. And i must say that all the three rides look great. Also good to know that all three of you enjoyed the drive to Lavasa to the fullest!!
I am definitely inn whenever the next Lavasa drive happens.

@ hrishikesh and wanderlustindia (subhash; am i right??)
Very nice pictures you both have shot. Keep them coming
Old 28th April 2008, 12:43   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Yes, and a special thanks to a special someone from freedabad for making it happen!
OT: Ahh.. didnt notice the gaping hole has been filled .. What happened to ur plans of wire meshing it?
Old 28th April 2008, 13:50   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Nice pictures guys. And i must say that all the three rides look great. Also good to know that all three of you enjoyed the drive to Lavasa to the fullest!!
I am definitely inn whenever the next Lavasa drive happens.

@ hrishikesh and wanderlustindia (subhash; am i right??)
Very nice pictures you both have shot. Keep them coming
Yes Dhaval. You got it right. Will post a few more this evening from home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
Few pics from my side.

@ramie - no we didn't meet the bombay boys
@WL - chaiwale ka paisa dene kab jaana hai bhai ?? LOL

OT : Almost 1 year ago, we guys did the Pune members 'big' lavasa drive. It was 24th April 2007 as per my records.
@hkanitkar, I think the next best time to visit Lavasa would be early monsoon. Light drizzle on the way, much cooler than what it is now. How about June 1st or 2nd week with a better headcount for the drive? And yes, the chaiwale ka paisa with interest

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd May 2008 at 13:21. Reason: Pleas use Multiquote
Old 28th April 2008, 15:01   #127
BHPian

@wanderlustindia - sure buddy. Lets make it on 2nd week of june - cos then it'll have started raining already.
Oh, and dont forget to pray for a better headcount. :d

@dhaval - where the heck were you and amey ? as per the confirmations posted earlier, you guys were comin for the drive.

@mumbai guys - please post a report - atleast a short one.
Old 28th April 2008, 15:58   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
@dhaval - where the heck were you and amey ? as per the confirmations posted earlier, you guys were comin for the drive.
Arey some last moment work came up in lab, since the shifting work to a new place is in full swing, besides that some air con work is going on in my house too that kept me busy on sunday.
About Amey as far as i know he had gone to bombay on saturday for his office work, and he must have returned late in the night. And i think Gautam's (fatal3rror) (hes shifted his base to bombay) send-off party also happened on the same day. So now you know the usual "coming to senses" thing on sunday morning takes time
Old 28th April 2008, 21:07   #129
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai Guys no update/pics yet??? "Naraz ho kya"
Old 29th April 2008, 12:38   #130
BHPian

sorry guys for being late
but was down with dehydration yesterday

regarding the drive... hmmm...
we started early, ahem... we only started early
but then since most of them decided to be passengers
most of us wasted time to picking them up

we were supposed to reach Poona by 8am
but then we reached very late
and we also had to wait for Prakash to join us
by time we gathered at Chandni Chowk, got a call from SHRIVZ that they are already in Lavasa and they are almost on their wat back
we wasted some time at Chandni Chowk as none of us knew the way to Lavasa
at last we got on the route which had the Arrows all the way to Lavasa... but that ended as the longest route for us...
but those 40 odd KMS were awesome...
wonderful roads, less traffic, and we all were driving on the racing line
we reached the main gate at Lavasa, had a Photo session, then we decided to have a look at the Lavasa City from the inside...
all we needed is to just register our name and a phone call to the Lavasa Head and we were all set to enjoy those amazing curvy roads on the inside of the Gate
Karan tried to do a slight drive... he just wanted "to get his tail out"... pulled the hand break and ended up doing a 180 on a blinding curve with me following him
it was very hot by then as it was almost 12noon
we chilled for some time at the DAM and then at the boating club which was yet to start...
cooled us down with a much needed Drinks/Loo break at the Lavasa Town Hall
Lavasa only has one Open Restaurant incide "EKANTH" but was not according to our likings
so we headed back to Poona for Lunch...
and on our way back Mahesh's 4WD Accord blew off the radiator wall coz of pressure... so we had to park his car at a Petrol Pump at Chandni Chowk...
and we all headed to ABC Farms for lunch...
on our way, someone with a M800, totally drunk tried to block us and in the end ended up banging my car from behind...
no one knows why he did that
we argued with him for some time asking him to pay up, but then he was drunk and could not even stand, and he said that his car was damaged
we decided that there was no point in arguing with him and we were also very hungry... we headed to ABC Farms where we met up with Shrivz...
had a bite, the Sheesha and the mini golf...
and we were back on our way...

the series on unfortunate event did not end there...

we picked Mahesh's car from the Petrol Pump
it had cooled down quite a bit...
we some how drove it down till the express way with lots of stops and refilling the radiator with water... but in vain as we decided to tow the car back ...
i reached home by 11:30pm after dropping everyone back home...

this is our story...
apologies if its boring.. but i'm not a good writer

pics will be posted later

some more pics and report from a few others who attended the meet can be found at the following link
www.************** :: Log in

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd May 2008 at 13:20.
Old 29th April 2008, 13:00   #131
BHPian

@swapszone, quite an eventful drive for you guys. Never knew one could get inside the city with due permissions/pehchaan . Is the damage to your car grave?

180 on a blinding curve!!!!! thats freaky to say the least. however, I am sure you guys had the cars in total control

Pune boys, next time around lets make it inside the gates of Lavasa city. Shrivz, hkanitkar, dhaval, vikram, are you guys listening?
Old 29th April 2008, 13:08   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
@swapszone, quite an eventful drive for you guys. Never knew one could get inside the city with due permissions/pehchaan . Is the damage to your car grave?

180 on a blinding curve!!!!! thats freaky to say the least. however, I am sure you guys had the cars in total control

Pune boys, next time around lets make it inside the gates of Lavasa city. Shrivz, hkanitkar, dhaval, vikram, are you guys listening?
nothing great...
he just brushed my rear bumper on the left...
no damage... just some scratches that went away with a wipe of my fingers...

to get inside Lavasa... u dont need any prior permission...
all we did was speak to the Security Head over the phone... told him that we wanted to see the city from inside... and he allowed... he also recommended to visit the town hall... which really helped us cool down...

everyone was driving safe... no racing as the roads were amazing... we just enjoyed the drive
that 180 happened as his hand break was too strong
Old 29th April 2008, 14:09   #133
Senior - BHPian

Swappy,nice write up there.. wish i could have joined you guys i had a booooooring sunday man
Old 29th April 2008, 14:37   #134
BHPian

Wow!! Inside the Lavasa city!! That would be truly an experience. Bolo kab jana hai!!?? I can make it to Lavasa anytime after 7th May.
Old 29th April 2008, 18:56   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
sorry guys for being late
but was down with dehydration yesterday
and on our way back Mahesh's 4WD Accord blew off the radiator wall coz of pressure... so we had to park his car at a Petrol Pump at Chandni Chowk...
I admit I havn't read the whole thread but just went thru the pics and I would seriously like to know what you are getting at. Honestly speaking I think its a nothing more intensive than a typo. I am also curious about the radiator blowing part, probably the bhpian who owns the car can elaborate on this.

P.S. This post is out of pure curiosity and nothing else as I haven't ever met the owner or seen the car personally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks