Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2006, 21:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

I dont see whats the discussion all about...a bike definitely wastes more power than a car due to its design. By design what I mean to say is if it has to be a bike it has to have 2 wheels and thats not enough to effectively utilise the horses the engine can produce nor does it have a shell for high speed aerodynamics unlike cars which have 4 wheels doubling the source to enhance the power utilisation and stream lining...simple.

All comparisons have to be with equal PTWR and best aerodynamics available today to yield critical results else the discussion is waste of time.

Im off topic but: Talking about baleno vs 1.5exi, if there is anyone ready to race their baleno with k&n and freeflow, I can arrange for a 1.5exi(with k&n and freeflow)....we can check it out ourselves over this weekend and pen a verdict.(mininum 1000bucks bets ).....My smiley might be deceiving but Im serious!
Old 24th January 2006, 22:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Please find me a stock 1.5 OHC, with 185 tyres, and I am ready.
Old 25th January 2006, 12:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

The baleno maybe faster then the OHC 1.5, the only reason is that it takes only 1 shifts to 100 and the OHC takes 2 shifts to 100. Infact according to Journos the OHC is faster, in a OD performance evaluation test it was said the Baleno took the honours to 60 because the OHC was in non-spec rubber. My bet is on the OHC 1.5 with headers against Baleno with headers.
Old 25th January 2006, 12:50   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

First its cars vs bikes and now this topic has gone onto OHC 1.5 vs baleno .. sheesh .. What next pulsar 150 vs CBZ ??

Something that we have or rather some of us have understood is that the lack of near to perfect aerodynamics on a bike (with rider) its slower than a car around a track ( or otherwise ).. So no point in comparison , just like comparing the 2 F1 cars that psycho pointed about ..

And about the 1.5 vs baleno , can someone find the bangy boys a stock 1.5 bcoz there is a baleno ready for the challenge .. I would personally like to see the results .. If possible maybe even a video can be posted here for all to watch .. Ya , now before the members come and say tbhp doesnt support drag races on public roads , just that we have found a deserted road (and i mean DESERTED, with not even a stray dog running around ) thats as good as a drag strip .. Atleast lets cut these arguments once and for all , rather than having to go on and on , on a million threads ..
Old 25th January 2006, 13:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

I'm tired of talking. I don't want to be the all show variety. Until someone shows up with a car, you are faster than me. If you win, you are faster than me. If you lose, you had a bad launch and I was lucky, and you are probably still faster than me.
Old 25th January 2006, 16:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Guys chill. 0 - 100 is something and rest is something. A esteem is faster then a Baleno to 100 thanks to PTW that doesnot make the Esteem better then a Baleno does it??

Mclaren I am wating for the result. Lets end this Suzuki vs Honda battle. PERIOD.
Old 25th January 2006, 17:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I think in an acceleration scenario, 50% of the result depends on the driver. The way he or she launches to minimise wheelspin and maximise traction, the way gears are shifted, all these count for a lot. I have never seen an Esteem beat a Baleno in a 100 run....

Busa, we have waiting all our lives. But somehow, some people don't show up when required. What to do? We are like this only...
Old 25th January 2006, 17:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

With same RPM lauch and gearshifting technique the Esteem will be slightly ahead of the Baleno after which The Baleno will just fly.

Hope to see this battle conclude soon. Maybe some people dont turn up due to fear of losing
Old 25th January 2006, 17:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Slightly unfair. Each car has its own torque characteristics. So you can't launch them at the same rpm and expect to call it equal. But this is a neverending debate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Hope to see this battle conclude soon. Maybe some people dont turn up due to fear of losing
I know a few people like that...
Old 25th January 2006, 17:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slightly unfair. Each car has its own torque characteristics. So you can't launch them at the same rpm and expect to call it equal. But this is a neverending debate
Exactly thats what these magazines do. Buttttttttttt its a simple formula more PTW is better 0 - 100 more CC means better top speed. So Esteem = 99Bhp/ton and Baleno 96 so maybe thats why esteem may just reach 100 a fraction before the Baleno does and then its good bye Esteem
Old 25th January 2006, 17:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Erm, that's a generalization. You mean to say the Contessa 1.8 has a higher top speed than a Baleno or a Vtec? It would be simplistic to assume so. Most people tend to forget one very important aspect. Gearing.
Old 25th January 2006, 17:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Erm, that's a generalization. You mean to say the Contessa 1.8 has a higher top speed than a Baleno or a Vtec? It would be simplistic to assume so. Most people tend to forget one very important aspect. Gearing.
Yeah there are too many factors to consider You forgot the weight of the Conty. The gearing is the only reason why i feel the Baleno with less BHP and PTW will whip an City 1.5Exi.

Lets continue here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...s-balenos.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks