Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2011, 17:05   #1
BHPian

Opel Corsa - Brake Servo Unit gone. Help - Where to by new / Used

Dear Friends,

After coming from a 15 days drive holiday in my Laura, I thought of putting her to little rest and started my good old Corsa, only to find the brake pedal has become very hard and I have to stand on it to get the car stopped.
Suspected either a jammed rear wheel by handbrake, fluid leak or vacuum building problem.

Rear wheels checked found ok. Fluid level ok. Vacuum hose and valve found ok. Now the culprit is Servo. It has corroded and some vacuum leaking with minute hissing sound. Also kept the pedal pressed and started the engine, pedal does not give away a little. Clearly means the servo is not building vacuum.

Sealed the leak place with m-seal and tested again. All well, it started in good note and breaks are good now.

Now, we all know it can't go like this, so I need to replace the servo unit. Can anyone help me in suggesting where to get this servo unit. New or may be used old one also in good condition. No point going to GM as anyway they will also order from Halol :(

I can get from UK when my brother is coming for a visit, but that will be in December.

Any help will be great. One more thing, can servo of any other car be used ?? wild guess.

Best regards,
Old 5th May 2011, 17:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Opel Corsa - Brake Servo Unit gone. Help - Where to by new / Used

Opel parts are still available so do look around in places like Opera House. Booster from Astra might work but the parts situation is no better.
Old 6th May 2011, 00:17   #3
BHPian

Re: Opel Corsa - Brake Servo Unit gone. Help - Where to by new / Used

Well normally GM supplies the parts within a few days. It's a bit of a rip off though. So look around in the motor markets and if all else fails, order it from GM. I go through this process whenever I need a part for my Swing.

Good luck!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks