Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 11:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Paint Quality - Rank the Manufacturers.

Any idea what Paint technology helps in retaining paint finish for a longer time? Is it the paint quality, the process or the workmanship which matters? Will be good to know.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:47   #17
BANNED

To me Mitsubishi and Skoda have the most scratch resistant durable paint finish alongwith Fiat. I have hardly seen any small scratches on Pajeros and Skodas in spite of seeing bigger dings on them.

M&M too has good paint durability. I have seen 6-7 year old Scorpios carrying pretty much the same sheen as a new vehicle. The paint is slightly scratch prone though.

Toyota uses wafer thin paint which is why all its vehicles including the Fortuner are so scratch prone.

Last edited by n.devdath : 14th May 2011 at 11:54. Reason: Adding M&M
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 11:51   #18
BANNED

1) HONDA - Pure Finesse
2) TATA - Lustrous and long lasting
3) FIAT - Quality finish
4) GM - Excellent finsh
5) SKODA - Glossy but prone to scratches
6) VW - Good
Old 14th May 2011, 11:55   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The paint quality assessment and comparison can be done by the detailers since they work on different cars.Our inhouse detailing experts Mohsin and Nirmal can throw more light on it and give a qualitative comparison since they have worked on a wide spectrum of cars! mkh and nirmal,if you could please
Old 14th May 2011, 14:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Maruti and Tata definitely are at the bottom of the rung as far as lustre lasting is concerned. I guess Black color cars are the best examples to notice paint and luster durability. My black spark still looks a lot better than my neighbors wagonr purchased at about the same time.
Old 14th May 2011, 14:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Those of you who are trashing tata's paint quality, have you actually had any experience?
Like others have pointed out, tata booths were used to paint mercs until recently, and are still used for fiats. Tata has been trashed for a lot of things, but paint quality is not one of them. Its among the better stuff you can get on an indian car
Old 14th May 2011, 16:58   #22

@greenhorn: Absolutely, The Tata's have got a very good paint finish. I'm not sure about earlier models but their new ones like the Vista, Manza and Aria have absolutely great finish. From my experience of being a Vista owner, the paint has been very much scratch resistant. But I wonder why that kind of factory finish cannot be achieved by T.A.S.S?. The paint jobs at T.A.S.S are really pathetic.
Old 30th October 2014, 19:45   #23
BHPian

Picking up an old thread - two of my Hyundais - a 11 year old Santro and a 5 year old i20 have retained their paint shine quite well over the years. I havent done much of polishing of any sort on them at all.

Both are silver in colour - is that one possible reason?

Looking back, the only good thing I might have done is that I haven't kept them out in the sun for extended periods of time - maybe a few days here and there while on travel, thats about it.
Old 9th March 2024, 13:45   #24
BHPian

Restarting an old thread. How is paint quality nowaday by different manufacturers. My 6 years old Ford ecosport paint quality seems better and has better shine than my six month old Hyundai Exter. Image is attached for reference. I am planning to buy a six/seven seater car replacing my ecosport. Which manufacturers are giving good quality paint?
Attached Thumbnails
Paint Quality - Rank the Manufacturers.-20240309_134324.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks