Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2006, 12:42   #1
BHPian

Maruti Cars with JK Ultima tyres

Hi Everyone,

I had brought a maruti zen vxi in august 05. I have completed around 8K kms of run (mostly city driving). In such a short period of time the tyres have given me lot of trouble including punctures and wearing also . Did anyone of u face the same problem.

Regards,
turbofreak

Last edited by turbofreak : 26th January 2006 at 12:43.
Old 26th January 2006, 17:02   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofreak
Hi Everyone,

I had brought a maruti zen vxi in august 05. I have completed around 8K kms of run (mostly city driving). In such a short period of time the tyres have given me lot of trouble including punctures and wearing also . Did anyone of u face the same problem.

Regards,
turbofreak
I have had very bad experiences with JK Ultima on the Contessa and the Maruti 1000...
Switched to Good Year on the 1000 till we had it and currently using Apollo Amazer on the Contessa.
No problems till date!
Old 26th January 2006, 17:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the club pal... my spanking new esteem had a flat tire in less than a month and when i questioned the rep at the authorised JK workshop he replied that any tire is liable to punctures no matter how new or old... my car has run only around 21k kms in the last 4 years... and has had around 6-7 punctures so far....

the tires are in very good condition except for the front 2 which faced excessive abuse on the previous track meet in chennai.

i am going to rotate the tires and wear 'em off and get new tubeless ones which are a bit wider than the stock rating.... this will have to wait for few months tho...
Old 27th January 2006, 16:30   #4
BHPian

Maruti and JK

Hi All,

My piece of advice (please keep in mind ) to all while buying maruti cars is better get a change from JK tyres before taking possession of the car.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks