Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 17:38   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sx4 Idle Problem

I assume the car's injectors & throttle body have been looked at & serviced on schedule since you are already aware of it. Since this problem occurs only upon use of Ac this may be a simple fix under warranty.

The vacuum hoses related to the Ac should first be checked for leaks and replaced if so. Also for inspection is the idle air valve control which increases RPM when Ac is on to support the strain on the engine. Finally the HSS can try adjusting the throttle cable a bit tighter which in turn will help open the throttle valve more if need be.
Old 12th April 2014, 07:21   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the a/c cut off also happen? in an older i20 I noticed some thing like this on a very hot day last summer but there the a/c was cutting off time and again - while we were in a traffic jam - most likely due to high temperature being sensed by ECM.
Old 12th April 2014, 19:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I assume the car's injectors & throttle body have been looked at & serviced on schedule since you are already aware of it. Since this problem occurs only upon use of Ac this may be a simple fix under warranty.

The vacuum hoses related to the Ac should first be checked for leaks and replaced if so. Also for inspection is the idle air valve control which increases RPM when Ac is on to support the strain on the engine. Finally the HSS can try adjusting the throttle cable a bit tighter which in turn will help open the throttle valve more if need be.
Haven't yet had the time to get it looked at at the HSS since the problem cropped up. The car has just gotten one paid service yet as per the schedule, don't know if injectors and throttle inspection would have been part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Does the a/c cut off also happen? in an older i20 I noticed some thing like this on a very hot day last summer but there the a/c was cutting off time and again - while we were in a traffic jam - most likely due to high temperature being sensed by ECM.
No, the AC hasn't been cutting off, haven't taken the temperature knob down to the lowest setting yet as the summers are still a bit bearable.

Anyways, will head over to the HSS one of these days to get it checked. Was just worried if its a serious issue to have this crop up on a relatively new car.
Old 21st June 2014, 19:39   #49
BHPian

Just wanted to update that I finally managed to find time to get this looked at.

The service station guy hooked up the Gscan, tinkered around with some settings, and voila-issue resolved. Not sure what he did though!
Old 5th October 2015, 12:34   #50
BHPian

In my sx4,(odo @ 84k), O2 sensor is indicator always on. i checked with service guy, he said its ok and an indicator issue. i left the service station. but now i feel in idle rpm goes to 1.5k and comes to 500 for every few mints and there is jerk.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks