Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 17:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda City - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Honda City - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Team-BHP will now be uploading the full feature list and technical specifications of each car sold in India. This information isn't readily available; even manufacturer websites sometimes don't present all the data (intentionally), while the fancy formats they use make for poor readability. Then, we have some manufacturers who tend to confuse you by listing a glovebox as a feature!! Lastly, the official websites don't follow any standard display order as such, which can make comparisons across cars very difficult.

Team-BHP will follow a standard, easy-to-refer-to format across all Indian cars. With time, this data will be transferred to an interactive website section.

IMP : Please list out any errors in the following sheet; your contribution will greatly help the community, other BHPians & guests. You can point out corrections on this thread itself. Thank you!

Honda City - Technical Specifications & Feature List-cityspec01.jpg

Honda City - Technical Specifications & Feature List-cityfeat01.jpg

Last edited by Stratos : 26th May 2011 at 13:21.
Stratos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 17:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Great initiative there. I have a question:
- Would it be possible to corss reference or compare these feature lists at a later stage? This would assist prospective buyers

and a recommendation:
- if this is being done for every car, wouldnt it be beneficial to create a separate sub forum for this purpose. It would be a more efficient way to locate these threads. Or do you intend to upload all feature lists in the same thread?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 17:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

Great work!

Btw, VMT has fog lamps too.

And for VAT, guess you should add a "Y" for the Automatic gearbox.

PS : In one of the City ownership threads, someone has mentioned and confirmed that are a/c vents below the front seats, for the rear passengers. Do they qualify as rear a/c vents?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 25th May 2011 at 18:23.
Old 25th May 2011, 18:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

The Honda City V variant has 6 speakers i.e. 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. Please update the same. City doesn’t have a CD player.

The City does offer a dead pedal.

Last edited by bluevolt : 25th May 2011 at 18:33.
Old 25th May 2011, 18:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

The model year must be mentioned. Otherwise it leads to confusion whether its OHC, NHC, ANHC or the next HC (when this post is read after few years).
Old 25th May 2011, 18:49   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The model year must be mentioned. Otherwise it leads to confusion whether its OHC, NHC, ANHC or the next HC (when this post is read after few years).
Interesting observation. I almost wrote that it is mentioned that only the current models are featured but then read what's in the brackets.

Guess that would hold good for all cars; not just the City. A lot of models are due for a facelift. Probably, the MODS will just update the list.
Old 25th May 2011, 18:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Good thread. It looks like the ANHC to me, but the mention of CD player being present got me a bit confused.

As regards Electric Mirrors, I suggest you add 'Electically adjustable ORVMs' and 'Electrically Retractable ORVMs'
Old 25th May 2011, 19:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good thread. It looks like the ANHC to me, but the mention of CD player being present got me a bit confused.
Off course this technical specifications & feature list is for the current gen Honda City. The earlier models don't have E, S or V as variant names, infact they were GXi, EXi. I guess mods are using similar format for every car hence the mention of CD player is there.

And yes as suggested by msdivy launch year & month of every car should be mentioned, like October 2008 for Honda City.

There is also no mention of rear defogger and heater along with AC.

Last edited by bluevolt : 25th May 2011 at 19:41.
Old 25th May 2011, 19:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I guess mods are using similar format for every car hence the mention of CD player is there.
Agreed, but I thought the ANHC did not have a CD player ? The table has "Y' for most models of the City.
Old 25th May 2011, 19:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Agreed, but I thought the ANHC did not have a CD player ? The table has "Y' for most models of the City.
Yup that is the error. Mods just need to remove the CD player row from the table & update the speakers in V variant and it will be fine.
Old 25th May 2011, 20:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Great work!

Btw, VMT has fog lamps too.
And for VAT, guess you should add a "Y" for the Automatic gearbox.
Thanks, done.

Quote:
The Honda City V variant has 6 speakers i.e. 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. Please update the same. City doesn’t have a CD player.
The City does offer a dead pedal.
According to the Honda City website, Advanced Integrated Audio with Remote Control (USB/AUX/MP3/AM/FM) is present in every model of the City other than the E MT.

Quote:
There is also no mention of rear defogger and heater along with AC.
We have tried to keep the list detailed but short which is why these are not present in it.

Quote:
The Honda City V variant has 6 speakers i.e. 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. Please update the same. [/i]
Thanks, added.. .

Last edited by Stratos : 25th May 2011 at 20:19.
Old 26th May 2011, 12:56   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
According to the Honda City website, Advanced Integrated Audio with Remote Control (USB/AUX/MP3/AM/FM) is present in every model of the City other than the E MT.
Yes, that is correct. It does play MP3 files loaded on a pen drive through the USB port. But it does not have a conventional audio CD player. That comes as an option, and if I remember correctly, costs 13K.

Also, leather upholstery is available in both V MT Exclusive, as well as V AT Exclusive; the Honda website mentions the same in City Feature list. Request Stratos to update the above list which shows leather only in V AT.

Last edited by Tats07 : 26th May 2011 at 12:59.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:06   #13
BANNED

Why a new thread on the City when there are already myriads of them. At most the title may also have needed to be edited.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:17   #14
BHPian

Good initiative to start such a thread to have such info in one place. But not only does the title needs editing as mentioned above but also other cars need to be added to make it a complete listing. Involves a lot of work I'm sure.

Its ironic that the first car listed is the City which probably has the least equipment list amongst all cars in the segment.

How about adding "electrically retractable mirrors" to the above list under Driver Enhancements? I assume the basic format will remain same for all the cars.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 26th May 2011 at 14:23.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:35   #15
BANNED

@feul_addict; As it stands the spec sheet is a dynamic entity with various things being added by the vendor as time progresses. The minor ones may not even be notified through advts. So unless someone is willing to update it frequently the spec sheet is just a starting point to what you will actually get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks