Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2006, 21:35   #1
BANNED

Swift delivery on Tue ..

Hey, I'm sure this question sound pretty stupid but I'm still gonna ask .. The day finally has come for me to go to a Maruti show room and get delivery of the Swift Vxi , I wanna know how can one check if the car is from this years production line and not the previous years ?? Is there a way to verify that or do I just trust the dealer ... What signs to look for when taking delivery of a new car .. ( I havn't bought a new car for ages .. always stuck to 2nd hand ones -- easier to start modding them straight away )

Waiting for the tips --- I gotta collect the car on Tuesday !!

Cheers
Old 29th January 2006, 21:40   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I wanna know how can one check if the car is from this years production line and not the previous years ??
Your RC book will have 2006 as Year of Manufacture. Also take delivery immed when the car arrives at the showroom.
Old 29th January 2006, 21:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well, this might be repetitive.If u're getting the car in 2006, ur RC should mention the following:

For 2005 made cars:
Year of Manufacture:2005
Year of registration:2006

2006 made cars:
Year of Manufacture:2006
Year of registration :2006
Old 29th January 2006, 21:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Here you go
1) the year of production of vehicle will be on the RC book and the insurance papers
2) Check the body line of the car for any unusual scratches or dents(highly unlikely)
3) start the car and rev a little to check the smoothness of the engine
4) check the A/C if it works and the blower speeds(compare with the test drive car)
5) see how many Kms the car has run. max i guess is 65km
6) check the tires and the pressure in each of them... the valves might have a leak..
7) take it for a drive along with the showroom personnel for any kind of noise arising from the car like rattles squeaks etc etc...
8) Check all the electricals.. like power windows,lights,indicators,brake lamps,reverse lights, wipers, electric side mirrors(if they come)
9) Recheck all the documents and make sure the RC book and the insurance papers contain all the correct entries like chassis number,engine number,car registration number,and the name of owner(My name on my viva's Rc book was mis-spelled,and got that rectified immediately)

Thats all i can think of... maybe the other members can help out more...

take care and congrats on your new car..

Last edited by Godfather : 29th January 2006 at 21:55.
Old 31st January 2006, 19:48   #5
BANNED

Hey, Finally went and got the Swift today !! The dealer though nade me wait 20 mins more than he had promised but thats not bad I feel .. Anyways got the usual things free , a MP3 player, mats and the central locking system . Now lets see how this car feels though all I can say after driving it for about 20 kms is that I'm gonna MISS MY GTX like hell !!!

So far alls smooth and no rattling and all but the cars heading to the highways of Himachal in a day or two to get registered and by the time it comes back I will kow if any sounds crop up or not , though I hope they don't.

Will keep posting on the Swift feedback ....

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks