Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 15:14   #1
BHPian

Firmware update for Tata nano???

I just received a call from my local authorized service center that I have to bring my Nano to the after sales service for a 'Software Upgrade'. The executive could not let me know the reason why the update is required. But she told me that the after sales service is under high pressure to complete this update as soon as possible.

Mine is a Feb 2011 model Nano.

Team-bhpians, any information on this? Did any of you received similar calls?

Last edited by Stratos : 6th July 2011 at 15:48. Reason: Added: After sales service.
Old 8th July 2011, 00:02   #2
BHPian

Re: Firmware update for Tata nano???

Good lord! Is the Nano inspired by the windows. And after the software update, what? Perhaps a reboot!

It might ECU remap or something similar. I'm not sure whether Nano has an ECU.

Do post what was the upgrade about? And also whether you noticed any change post the upgrade.

My friend, who owns a Nano, hasn't received any call.
Old 8th July 2011, 00:42   #3
BHPian

Software upgrades are pretty normal, software upagrade can be for various reasons eg tweaked engine maps for more fuel efficiency and so on.

Do get it done.
Old 8th July 2011, 01:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
....after sales service is under high pressure to complete this update as soon as possible
May to rectify 'fire' issue?
I'm sure it will be some 'error correction / rectification' rather than a 'upgrade'.

Any ECU gurus here? Please do share your views.
Old 8th July 2011, 01:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

We got ours on 16th June 2011,havent recieved any such call yet.
may be ours came with this update.
Old 9th July 2011, 17:50   #6
BHPian

I friend of mine had got a call from TATA for the same ECU update which apparently fixes a bug that has something to do with engine overheating.
Old 10th July 2011, 20:08   #7
BHPian

Today also I received a reminder call from the authorized dealer. They said that they are pressurized by TATA to perform the 'software update' to all the affected vehicles as early as possible. They also told that the list of affected vehicles has been sent my TATA motors and some 200 vehicles has been identified for this update.

Will be providing more details later since I am taking the car for update tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Stratos : 12th July 2011 at 13:00. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
Old 10th July 2011, 22:43   #8

My Tata Nano received a software upgrade a few weeks back. The dealer (Pandit Motors - in Pune) told me that the new code improved the accuracy of the sensors so that the ECU can take better decisions. Post the upgrade, the engine is definitely has more torque - one can shift to a higher gear at a lower road speed without snatching AND the Tata Nano has become even more fun to drive.

Just today, I did Pune - Panchgani and back (212 Kms) in 5.5 hours. Could drive at speeds between 80- 90 Kmph and keep pace with most of the other cars on the road. The car just loves to climb slopes - Khambataki ghat and Pasarni ghat were done without any issues. Even with the AC almost continuously running I got 24 kmpl. The Nano has the potential to be a great car.

Apurva
Old 12th July 2011, 01:42   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
I just received a call from my local authorized service center that I have to bring my Nano to the after sales service for a 'Software Upgrade'. The executive could not let me know the reason why the update is required. But she told me that the after sales service is under high pressure to complete this update as soon as possible.

Mine is a Feb 2011 model Nano.

Team-bhpians, any information on this? Did any of you received similar calls?
Hi,

This update is mainly to incorporate engine auto cut off at high temperature. Thats what K.Mohanan was referred by TASS on ECU update. I am waiting for mine to get done soon.
MadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 22:30   #10
BHPian

Today I just found that the new upgrade protects you from re cranking after engine is on. As I had accidentally re cranked twice. The mileage seem to be better but can't confirm till I do a full tank to full tank.
Old 4th September 2011, 14:47   #11
BHPian

The dealership did the software upgrade on my CXBS3 ( Jul2010 purchased) at 2nd service mid-Aug. I see improvement in engine torque when AC on. Also the stalling has decreased at low speed.Not yet checked FE after upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks