Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 16:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo: Vibration at 2000rpm?

I have a year old Ford Figo Petrol which has run 10K kms. So far, the car has been trouble free (touch wood) except for the rear suspension creaking.

Of late, I have noticed something strange, want to know if I need to ignore it or go to dealer for a fix.

The car is stationary on level ground, hand brake on and engine running at idle speed. Gently press the accelerator until the revs rise slowly. At around 2000 rpm, the car vibrates noticably. There is no vibration felt either side of 2000rpm.

Is this an issue with the engine mounts? Because to me, it looks like 2000rpm is a harmonic frequency.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo: Vibration at 2000rpm?

Is this observed with the AC on? then
I definitely feel a power surge(with a mild push/jolt) coming from the engine when the rpm is somewhere in the 2000-2100 mark.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Is this observed with the AC on? then
I definitely feel a power surge(with a mild push/jolt) coming from the engine when the rpm is somewhere in the 2000-2100 mark.
No, the air conditioner was not on. It was with a warm engine (after 9km drive within city), all electrics off.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:23   #4
BHPian

Interesting. Looks like even I have to start observing as my car too is more than a year old now.

On the other hand, if really your car vibrates/shakes up the whole body when entering its power band(~2K and above), then it does raise a question of checking the engine mounts.
Old 11th July 2011, 18:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I have a year old Ford Figo Petrol which has run 10K kms. So far, the car has been trouble free (touch wood) except for the rear suspension creaking.

Of late, I have noticed something strange, want to know if I need to ignore it or go to dealer for a fix.

The car is stationary on level ground, hand brake on and engine running at idle speed. Gently press the accelerator until the revs rise slowly. At around 2000 rpm, the car vibrates noticably. There is no vibration felt either side of 2000rpm.

Is this an issue with the engine mounts? Because to me, it looks like 2000rpm is a harmonic frequency.
No such problem with my P figo done 13 thousand KM.
Is the 2nd free service is done? Did you check the engine oil levels?
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:23   #6
BHPian

My TDCi Titanium vibrates, rattles and makes all sorts of unwanted noise even at idle without the AC!!! It is just 16.5K KM old ..

I have stopped noticing those sounds because even the service station guys were able to figure out why it rattles so much!!!!

Trust me, on a fairly plain stretch of tar road, I feel like I am driving a car assembled by out of college folks!!
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks