Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 06:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Noise from AC fan in Swift. Only Blower speed IV works!

My Swift has a problem. Initially it all started with noise in Fan like a paper or leaf got into it and the sound used to subside completely only to return after some time. I thought of taking it to a MASS but before I could take it to SC, as I was preoccupied for about 10 days,the sound increased and now the fan won't run in 1,2 and 3 speeds. But it runs in speed 4 with the sound. The AC on indication is ON even though the fan is not rotating. This, I feel due to the fan to AC interlock is through.

What could be the real problem. However I am planning to take it SC today.

Pleas post help.

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd July 2011 at 06:24.
Old 22nd July 2011, 08:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Noise from AC fan in Swift

Before taking it to service you can do a DIY cleaning of the fan itself. Noise from the vents usually indicate some dust or leaves that gets collected in the fan housing.

On your passenger side the fan sits right below the glove compartment. Check Jaggu's thread where he has posted a clear DIY for cleaning the fan. Usually a stuck leaf or even a piece of cloth could cause this problem.

Opening and cleaning the fan, the sc could charge somewhere from 250-500. I do a DIY most of the times. Even in my Jetta i have done quite a few DIY to clean the pollen filter as well as cleaning the under cover of my car to avoid rats etc.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

In all probability there is something stuck inside the air flow bay (most probably some paper or dry leaves). This has happened in my Baleno twice once before taking delivery (When the car was new, there was some part of packing paper stuck inside), and once very recently when he opened it up he found a small piece of paper which probably my daughter would have inserted while playing (Not really sure how it got in there).
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Please take to a MASS or a competitive AC guy. had a similar problem in the new Ritz. and Rat was the culprit.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Before taking it to service you can do a DIY cleaning of the fan itself. Noise from the vents usually indicate some dust or leaves that gets collected in the fan housing.

On your passenger side the fan sits right below the glove compartment. Check Jaggu's thread where he has posted a clear DIY for cleaning the fan. Usually a stuck leaf or even a piece of cloth could cause this problem.

Opening and cleaning the fan, the sc could charge somewhere from 250-500. I do a DIY most of the times. Even in my Jetta i have done quite a few DIY to clean the pollen filter as well as cleaning the under cover of my car to avoid rats etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
In all probability there is something stuck inside the air flow bay (most probably some paper or dry leaves). This has happened in my Baleno twice once before taking delivery (When the car was new, there was some part of packing paper stuck inside), and once very recently when he opened it up he found a small piece of paper which probably my daughter would have inserted while playing (Not really sure how it got in there).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Please take to a MASS or a competitive AC guy. had a similar problem in the new Ritz. and Rat was the culprit.
Many Thanks friends.

I took the car to Indus Motors, Vytilla. I reached there early and lucky for me an AC technician was the first to come in the morning. The guy knows his job and he removed a lot of old leaves, papers, cards etc from the suction side but the fan has sucked a lot of stuff and was the reason for the noise. The resistor for the speed control was found conked off and was the reason for the inaction at speeds 1, 2 and 3. Luckily the motor was OK.

The area below the windshield and the dash was also filled with lot of similar waste, the handy-work of rats. Funny part was that the Electricity Board's Energy Card kept near the Switch board outside the car shed has also found its way into the suction duct.

However left the car for replacement of the resistor and complete blower and sction duct cleaning. I was told that pollen filter for Swift is available, but not with MASS.

Also asked them to change engine oil/oil filter and wheel alignment.

Got back the car at 6 in the evening and things are fine now.

The resistor cost Rs 225 + Tax, and Labour Rs 150 courtesy the rat

Now I have to buy three things as under,
1. Rat poison cake.
2. Rat Trap
3. A cat

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd July 2011 at 21:56. Reason: addition
Old 24th July 2011, 16:46   #6
BANNED

PICS - swift-vxi blower controller

Hi Guys,

My swift vxi was giving strange sound from left side of my dash board.

It was irritating and used to get head ache after driving for 15 minutes.

( i am also not getting indication lights around my odometer for petrol, oil, etc, etc... Also my central locking and A/c stopped working)

Maruti Authorised dealer said my cars ( to be specific RNS motors. Bangalore,yeshwanthpur) Electronic board is faulty and it costs more than Rs.15000. i was worried

Later I went to local workshop, the guy stated removing blower from below the dash board - he didn't find anything that makes sound other than some Rodent Poo.

Good news is he told me the electronic board is fine - if it is faulty car doesn't start. i was relieved.

Next he went further and disconnected the controller of the blower ( fan) which is used for AC also. now he asked me to start the car. There was NO sound at all.

so that sound problem is solved - blower Controller is the culprit (costs around 2500 for new).

Now i have to check my central locking , AC and indication lights around odometer

Another guy entered the garage who is a electrician, he removed the front right door plastic area and started checking the wiring and said the central locking device is faulty and he don't have a new device to replace - he also advised to get it replaced from maruti dealers.

And about the indication lights he said it would be some wiring issue under dash board and he needs one whole day for removing whole dash board.

AC should be checked at some other place.

I have added some pictures of my cars faulty device. Please share your opinions.

Thanks
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Noise from AC fan in Swift. Only Blower speed IV works!-img_1401.jpg  

Noise from AC fan in Swift. Only Blower speed IV works!-img_1402.jpg  

Noise from AC fan in Swift. Only Blower speed IV works!-img_1403.jpg  

Noise from AC fan in Swift. Only Blower speed IV works!-img_1404.jpg  

Noise from AC fan in Swift. Only Blower speed IV works!-img_1405.jpg  

Old 24th July 2011, 19:40   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PICS - swift-vxi blower controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
It was irritating and used to get head ache after driving for 15 minutes. ( i am also not getting indication lights around my odometer for petrol, oil, etc, etc... Also my central locking and A/c stopped working)
Alex
was this noise like a mini mixie running?If yes,it must be that the gear of the small motor inside the unit was not engaging ; the part looks in good shape to me even the white grease is intact Does your speedo work when you drive the car? Was the dash opened earlier?When did you note that the lights were not coming on? As regards the indicator lights on your dash not being available ; first check the main wiring coupler to the speedo console ; also please check if all fuses are intact.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:08   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't you have the extended warranty? If so, you actually should get all these removed from them and get new ones for FREE. To be frank, the MASS will always try to make the max out of every car that comes in with a problem, most of the times. And the road side guys will be smokin good at all these things and will figure out the actual problem in no time. Probably that's how they manage to earn reputation and their living in spite of charging lesser. Once my warranty period is over, I would rather stick to a GOOD road side guy than taking my car for expensive services.

PS:: I guess the thread need to go into the technical queries thread.
Old 25th July 2011, 08:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Noise from AC fan in Swift. Only Blower speed IV works!

Quote:
Now I have to buy three things as under,
1. Rat poison cake.
2. Rat Trap
3. A cat

Rat Poison cake is a joke. Nothing seems to work on these guys. Now i have close to 20 socks filled with tobacco placed all over the engine compartment (which i place and remove everyday diligently). This appears to work for the moment.

I have a huge tray below the engine which acts as a safe haven for these rats to build next. But with the tobacco and constant cleaning every three days, i am so far saving the electrical s.
Old 25th July 2011, 20:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Noise from AC fan in Swift. Only Blower speed IV works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Rat Poison cake is a joke. Nothing seems to work on these guys. Now i have close to 20 socks filled with tobacco placed all over the engine compartment (which i place and remove everyday diligently). This appears to work for the moment.

I have a huge tray below the engine which acts as a safe haven for these rats to build next. But with the tobacco and constant cleaning every three days, i am so far saving the electrical s.
You have an invention.

I now understand that there is a kind of gum available which when applied to a cardboard carton and kept with some food, the rat will get stuck in the glue. I am on the search. I will try the tobacco method too.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:13   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
was this noise like a mini mixie running?If yes,it must be that the gear of the small motor inside the unit was not engaging ; the part looks in good shape to me even the white grease is intact Does your speedo work when you drive the car? Was the dash opened earlier?When did you note that the lights were not coming on? As regards the indicator lights on your dash not being available ; first check the main wiring coupler to the speedo console ; also please check if all fuses are intact.
Hi Vigsom,
was this noise like a mini mixie running?
Yes it used to sound like mini mixie.

Does your speedo work when you drive the car?
Speedo works when i drive the car

Was the dash opened earlier?
Dash board was never opened.

When did you note that the lights were not coming on?
even before the sound started

Also all the fuses are intact

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks