Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 01:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Multifunction Display Dead on Fiat Linea

New battery installed; however the light still persists. I shall have it checked at the Fiat workshop tomorrow.
Old 1st August 2011, 08:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
A.S.S will take a stab at it tomorrow. Called up Tata owned Worli center which gave me an appointment for August 8 and suggested I call up Bombay Cycle Co at Churchgate. BCC gave me an appointment for tomorrow. But I guess thanks to my call to Fiat First 1-800 number, Worli called me back and asked me to come at 9 tomorrow. While I am sure BCC is good, I'd much rather stick to the company owned center.
Boss at Worli you may contact Mr. Parag , he is a service adviser , a very helpful person .
He has helped me twice when my Linea broke down .On both ocasions the car was immobile and he sent a flat bed truck to transport my car from my office to worli work shop.
When the actual defect was being done up I asked him to carryout some other small jobs to be done and they were done too.
Hats off to Fiat.Regards.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Boss at Worli you may contact Mr. Parag , he is a service adviser , a very helpful person .
He has helped me twice when my Linea broke down .On both ocasions the car was immobile and he sent a flat bed truck to transport my car from my office to worli work shop.
When the actual defect was being done up I asked him to carryout some other small jobs to be done and they were done too.
Hats off to Fiat.Regards.
Yes - Parag's helped me before. Most of them are pretty eager to help.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 21:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes - Parag's helped me before. Most of them are pretty eager to help.
Yes dear , All others vetrens including Maruti must learn something from these new comers in the market.
They are a example for them for the services they provide to their customers with a smile, without asking silly and irritating questions if any component or part to be replaced under warrantty others always shy away unlike Fiat of cource.
Has any one heard about a car broken down on road and carried on a Flat Bed truck to their workshops..that too free.of cost....NO.is the reply, this happens only with Fiat. Fiat plss keep it up . Regards.
Old 31st October 2016, 17:20   #20
BHPian

So after 5 years or so, the display is completely dead again. It was earlier spewing out some random gibberish which looked like a mix of Roman and Cyrillic letters. Last few days, it is completely blank. A check on some international fiat forums had led me to believe that the LCD will need replacement. It's a jam I'd rather not be in. I was planning on getting rid of the car and getting a replacement - now with no odometer reading, I shall have to get it fixed irrespective to get a proper market value.
Old 9th September 2018, 21:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
So after 5 years or so, the display is completely dead again. It was earlier spewing out some random gibberish which looked like a mix of Roman and Cyrillic letters. Last few days, it is completely blank. A check on some international fiat forums had led me to believe that the LCD will need replacement. It's a jam I'd rather not be in. I was planning on getting rid of the car and getting a replacement - now with no odometer reading, I shall have to get it fixed irrespective to get a proper market value.
This exact thing happened to my Linea just yesterday!! Could you please share if and how you resolved it?
Thanks in advance.
Old 9th September 2018, 22:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilesh Rai View Post
This exact thing happened to my Linea just yesterday!! Could you please share if and how you resolved it?
Thanks in advance.
Almost an year back, a fellow tfian faced the same issue in his linea. He was able to find a fiat punto's instrument cluster from a scrapyard. He removed and soldered the punto's screen onto the console. It also didnt require Proxy alignment, if I remember correctly.

Last edited by --gKrish-- : 9th September 2018 at 22:45.
Old 12th September 2018, 02:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilesh Rai View Post
Thanks in advance.
Ha. I sold the car and got an S-Cross. But there is a separate TeamFiat forum exclusively for Fiat owners. I found a guy there who was willing to sell the cluster from his Linea for about 20k I think. He wasn't in Bombay and was willing to ship it.

Scrapyards are the best idea. Or second hand stores. I had approached Fiat too but they quoted me an astronomical price which was not worth it by any stretch of imagination.
Old 25th September 2018, 18:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I had approached Fiat too but they quoted me an astronomical price which was not worth it by any stretch of imagination.
Out of curiosity, how much did they quote?
Old 25th September 2018, 18:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
Out of curiosity, how much did they quote?
If I remember right, they quoted about 60k (including labor) to change the entire panel. Given that I sold the car for about 1.40 which too was on the higher side, I decided not to get a brand new panel.

It really is a shame because the thing was built like a tank.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 11:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
Almost an year back, a fellow tfian faced the same issue in his linea. He was able to find a fiat punto's instrument cluster from a scrapyard. He removed and soldered the punto's screen onto the console. It also didnt require Proxy alignment, if I remember correctly.
Looks like I may have to go this route. My decade old Linea's MID stopped working a few days back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks