Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2006, 17:32   #1
BHPian

Help !Ikon Flair engine stops while downgrading the gear

My New Ikon Flair (1 month old) engine suddenly stops some time while i am decreasing the speed and lowering the Gear to 3 rd or 2 nd.(It just happens some times only not always).

I haven't had this problem till now .I am just experiencing this for couple of days.

I have clocked 4K during the past 20 days !.Mostly driven in highways with top gear.Last week I took the car to a hill station and while returning back I faced this issue couple of times and after reaching the flat road i faced the same couple of times...

what could be wrong?..My first service is due in another 2K and what and all i need to tell them to specifically look for?...

Team-BHP's experienced help & advice is reqd for this newbie (to the site!)
Old 14th February 2006, 19:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Since its new, u must have warranty.

Take the car to the Authorised service centre immediately and explain ur problem.Don't tell them if u 've gone on long trips,etc..
Ask them to fix it under-warranty and tell them not a single paise would come out of ur pocket.

Last edited by nitrous : 14th February 2006 at 19:22.
Old 14th February 2006, 19:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thil
My New Ikon Flair (1 month old) engine suddenly stops some time while i am decreasing the speed and lowering the Gear to 3 rd or 2 nd.(It just happens some times only not always).
I don't about Ikons, but my friend's Zen Vx had this problem sometime back, and the problem turned out to be the clutch.
Don't wait for the first service. Go to the dealer and tell him exactly what you're facing.
Old 15th February 2006, 09:13   #4
BHPian

Ya as mentioned by nitrous take it to Ford service only since its under warranty no need to mention about long trip, i had a similar problem in my ikon the problem was narrowed down to la leak in fuel pump pipe inside the fuel tank
Old 15th February 2006, 10:15   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Don't tell them if u 've gone on long trips,etc..
I agree with the warranty bit but not the above. There's nothing that prevents you from hitting the highway on a brand new car. And the fact that you've gone on long trips can't be used against you!

During my first service (5K), I was asked to relate any problems / issues that I faced during long trips or highway runs in addition to city running.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks