Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:22   #1
BHPian

Ford Endeavour - Sedimenter Fuel Filter Warning Light

Hi Guys, mine is a new Endeavour which I took delivery of on Saturday 30 July and I noticed this thing this morning. When I put the key in the ignition I saw the "Sedimenter Fuel Filter Warning Light" glow. After I started the engine the light went off and never came back again. I am not really sure if this occured over the past three days too. After the factory filled fuel, I topped up the tank at BP on Saturday evening.

The manual doesn't say anything; except to drain the water if this comes on. I'm just hesitant to do anything myself just three days after taking delivery.

Is this quite common, and should I be prepared to do this when required? Also, why does the light go off when the engine starts? The manual makes no mention that the light goes off once the engine is started.

Cheers,
Shyam
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour - Sedimenter Fuel Filter Warning Light

Relax! Even if you tried, I doubt you'd be able to get the sedimenter filled with water in just a tank fill

I presume the light is designed to glow on "ignition on" mode & go off when you crank the engine. Similar to the check engine light.

You should worry if the light stays on *after* starting the engine.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 13:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Relax! Even if you tried, I doubt you'd be able to get the sedimenter filled with water in just a tank fill

I presume the light is designed to glow on "ignition on" mode & go off when you crank the engine. Similar to the check engine light.

You should worry if the light stays on *after* starting the engine.
GTO, thanks! I checked the OM again, and it just says the light glows when there is 0.13L water accumulated. And to drain it if it does. No mention of pre-cranking and post. I'll keep watching out anyways.

Old 4th August 2011, 20:30   #4
BHPian

The light is supposed to glow when you switch the ignition on and should go off as soon as you crank the engine.

If it remains glowing when the engine has started, then you have something to be concerned of.
Else.Chill.And congrats on your purchase.
Old 6th August 2011, 17:08   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
The light is supposed to glow when you switch the ignition on and should go off as soon as you crank the engine.

If it remains glowing when the engine has started, then you have something to be concerned of.
Else.Chill.And congrats on your purchase.
Thanks Alter_Ego. I guess I was just being paranoid typical of "just bought" category

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks