Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:29   #1
BANNED

Help for removing the i20 ORVM Mirror Glass

Purpose:

I Want to install a Turn Signal indicator on the ORVM. Doesn't want to buy the new ORVM which comes with Turn Signal indicator as its costly.

Wanted to know:

The removal process of the mirror glass from the ORVM.
I know how to remove the ORVM module but need expert advice to remove the mirror glass.

As per my knowledge the mirror is fixed there by the supporting clips, and applying some gentle pressure it will come out easily. But wanted to know the location of that clip so nothing gets damaged.

Once the mirror is taken out heard that there are 4-5 screws and if we remove that we can takeout the back cover as well.

The other option is to drill a small hole and put the connecting wires through that so the wires wont be visible at all from outside(side/bottom/top)

Please help.

Last edited by wildon : 3rd August 2011 at 12:35.
Old 21st April 2013, 11:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help for removing the i20 ORVM Mirror Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Purpose:

I Want to install a Turn Signal indicator on the ORVM.
Hi wildon
I do too. As I understand there are two options
a) Indicator on the mirror housing
b) Indicator on the mirror (LED strip)

What kind did you install? Can you describe this in detail.
Old 21st April 2013, 11:25   #3
BHPian

Re: Help for removing the i20 ORVM Mirror Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Purpose:

I Want to install a Turn Signal indicator on the ORVM. Doesn't want to buy the new ORVM which comes with Turn Signal indicator as its costly.

Wanted to know:

The removal process of the mirror glass from the ORVM.
I know how to remove the ORVM module but need expert advice to remove the mirror glass.

As per my knowledge the mirror is fixed there by the supporting clips, and applying some gentle pressure it will come out easily. But wanted to know the location of that clip so nothing gets damaged.

Once the mirror is taken out heard that there are 4-5 screws and if we remove that we can takeout the back cover as well.

The other option is to drill a small hole and put the connecting wires through that so the wires wont be visible at all from outside(side/bottom/top)

Please help.
In my swift clips are in center of glass , and i am pretty sure i20 will also be same .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks