Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 12:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Purchasing ANHC: Need to worry about the Goodyear shoes?

I think we're taking off Mods, can this be moved to some appropriate thread under Tyres and Alloy Wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
2 years seems to be on the conservative side
Some more reading threw up this: Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 1 of 4

6 years seem to be the most common and agreed figure. Also an interesting line from the article posted above: in June 2005, Ford and GM admitted that tyres older than 6 years posed a hazard and from their 2006 model year onwards, started printing warnings to this effect in their drivers handbooks for all their vehicles.

It's probably only on their American owner manuals; I couldn't find such a line in my Ford Endeavour's.
Old 14th August 2011, 11:38   #17

Thanks everyone. Father brought home the car on Friday, did not change stock Goodyears, says he will be running them to retirement. The ICE failed to pick up a thumb drive formatted to "NTFS" file system, started flashing "DEVICE" on the display. Went back to the computer, reformatted to "FAT32" file system and voila! it started working.

Most thumb drives come formatted in FAT32 file format, but I tried to be smart and changed to the new and faster NTFS, looks like most ICE models may not pick up the NTFS format.

All well for now! More updates and hopefully pictures once I get to Kolkata to see the car.
Old 16th August 2011, 15:02   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Since you've already taken delivery of your car, I'm posting in case it helps someone else. OEM Goodyears SUCK! They are very noisy, have poor grip levels and are incredibly puncture prone. I've driven / used many a Indian-made Goodyear tyre and all of them rank at the bottom of the pile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I dont remember reading about tyre expiry
I'd never buy a tyre that's been in storage for over 7 - 9 months. And don't ever use a tyre that's over 5 years old. Rubber hardens with time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
And swapping the tires is unethical, and it can void the warranty as well
No, it won't void any warranty. As long as the swapped tyre is the same size, you don't need to worry.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 15:34   #19

Those are very valid points GTO. Yes, as you mentioned father has already taken delivery of the car, so we will have to bear with all the consequences now.

Does anyone know how much the Goodyear ANHC OEMs cost new in the market? According to Pinnacle Honda, there should not be a difference of more than INR 500-600 between them and the Michelin OEMs, which I personally think is false information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks