Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2006, 22:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Optra Wiper Malfunction

Many of you must have heard that Optras are famous for wiper malfunction. It has happened many times. This happens when sunfilm is installed in the car. The soap solution goes inside the dashboard and does something to the Sensors and the wiper keep moving. To solve this the fuse should be removed and put back after two days and the wipers are back to normal. Butttttttt make sure you park your car in the sun so the dash dries up.
Old 6th March 2006, 22:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Many of you must have heard that Optras are famous for wiper malfunction
- NO Never

Quote:
. It has happened many times
i havent of this yet

Quote:
This happens when sunfilm is installed in the car.
on the front windscreen , right ?

Quote:
The soap solution goes inside the dashboard and does something to the Sensors and the wiper keep moving.
a few drops os soap solution do that ???

Quote:
To solve this the fuse should be removed and put back after two days and the wipers are back to normal. Butttttttt make sure you park your car in the sun so the dash dries up.
such an advanced car with such a backward fixit solution. how come we have to remove the fuse - if the sensors are affected ?? and put back the fuse after 2 days ? and why to park the car in the sun for the dash to dry ? why not wipe it dry ?

what happens if it rains in those 2 days ? then shud we do as the taxi drivers do , use our hands to wipe the glass ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 6th March 2006 at 22:46.
Old 6th March 2006, 23:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
- NO Never

i havent of this yet

on the front windscreen , right ?

a few drops os soap solution do that ???

such an advanced car with such a backward fixit solution. how come we have to remove the fuse - if the sensors are affected ?? and put back the fuse after 2 days ? and why to park the car in the sun for the dash to dry ? why not wipe it dry ?

what happens if it rains in those 2 days ? then shud we do as the taxi drivers do , use our hands to wipe the glass ?

Happened to me recently so i thought would be good to share. If it rains put the fuse back and then the wipers will function on thy own. Use hand only if you can reach that is..

Between the dash and windscreen there is a gap through which water goes down so it takes time to dry clean.

Not a few drops when installing a windscreen loads of soap drips down.
Old 7th March 2006, 01:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Earth calling Rudra!! Earth calling Rudra!!
These are on the NY editions only it seems
Old 7th March 2006, 06:04   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Between the dash and windscreen there is a gap through which water goes down so it takes time to dry clean.
I've never heard of this. Please tell them to fix the issue. Must be one of those abnormal case. Also I would like to know where is the gap?
Quote:
These are on the NY editions only it seems
Difference is only in terms of trims and extras.Or so I understand.
Old 7th March 2006, 11:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also I would like to know where is the gap?
The gap is between the dashboard and the windscreen. WHen soap water is sprayed it goes down inside the gap and the malfunction starts. Infact the Film Guy told me all Optras when sparyed with soap solution have wiper malfunction. Have you put a film yet?
Old 7th March 2006, 12:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not a few drops when installing a windscreen loads of soap drips down.
Busa - i think the gap you are talking about is on the outside of the windscreen - while you have repeated it the same below - how can the dash of the car be on the outside ?

Quote:
The gap is between the dashboard and the windscreen. WHen soap water is sprayed it goes down inside the gap and the malfunction starts. Infact the Film Guy told me all Optras when sparyed with soap solution have wiper malfunction. Have you put a film yet?
Soap water sprayed from the nozzles for cleaning the windscreen , right ? So how will that water come inside the windscreen and trickle under the dashboard ?? Unless ofcourse there is a problem of the winscreen beading being leaky that allows water to seep inside and go under the dash

i thought u sprayed the windscreen from outside with soap solution while cleaning the windscreen !! and from inside i dont think any sane guy would spray soap solution on the dash ! except ofcourse if he is fitting an film on the windscreen. I hope u get me !

I think like Rudra said - must be a one off case , ask GM Service to check the windscreen beading .

Last edited by normally_crazy : 7th March 2006 at 12:17.
Old 7th March 2006, 12:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Busa - i think the gap you are talking about is on the outside of the windscreen - while you have repeated it here - how can the dash of the car be on the outside ?

Soap water sprayed from the nozzles for cleaning the windscreen , right ? So how will that water come inside the windscreen and trickle under the dashboard ?? Optras sprayed with soap solution ?

i thought u sprayed the windscreen from outside with soap solution while cleaning the windscreen and from inside i dont think any sane guy would spray soap solution on the dash ! except ofcourse if he is fitting an film on the windscreen. I hope u get me !
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean when a film is being fitted on the front windscreen then there is always a wiper malfunction. The gap i am talking about is the front defoster. The soap solution trickles down the dash in the inside and then only the wipers start malfunction. Has happened to me thrice. Twice went to the dealer. The second time was getting a film put the wipers start to malfunction so the dealer told me that all optras suffer from this problem and in this case remove the wiper fuse and put it back after some time. Thats what i did and its back to normal.
Old 7th March 2006, 12:24   #9
BANNED

Is this a problem only with Optra Royale or something? I have an Elite and I had sunfilm put on the front and no such problem so far. Maybe I got lucky eh?
Old 7th March 2006, 12:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Is this a problem only with Optra Royale or something? I have an Elite and I had sunfilm put on the front and no such problem so far. Maybe I got lucky eh?
I dont know but most of the NY Editions suffered from this and i had this happen to me thrice
Old 7th March 2006, 13:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean when a film is being fitted on the front windscreen then there is always a wiper malfunction. The gap i am talking about is the front defoster. The soap solution trickles down the dash in the inside and then only the wipers start malfunction.
Busa - tell me the gap you are talking about is on the dash which directs air on the windscreen right ? so it will be hollow inside to allow air to pass - sensors surely will not be fitted inside that right ?? or are they ??

and pal u say only once it happened when u were fitting the film - what about the other 2 times? why did it happen if there was no soap solution used - or you change your film often ??

maybe i think your wiper stalk switch must be malfunctioning - get that checked.
Old 7th March 2006, 13:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Busa - tell me the gap you are talking about is on the dash which directs air on the windscreen right ? so it will be hollow inside to allow air to pass - sensors surely will not be fitted inside that right ?? or are they ??

and pal u say only once it happened when u were fitting the film - what about the other 2 times? why did it happen if there was no soap solution used - or you change your film often ??

maybe i think your wiper stalk switch must be malfunctioning - get that checked.
I was told the sensors are there in between that gap.

First Time it happened when film was put. Whole bunch of wiper wires were replaced. Second time happened again on their own will?

Third time was recent but that time again was getting a film done.

Will get the car checked at third service.

Thanks for the help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks