Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2011, 17:02   #1
BHPian

Gave my Honda City for an oil change. Now, the remote locking system won't work

Hi,

I gave my honda city for an oil change at 25000km. The service centre is Peninsular Honda in Calicut. The service centre gave an exterior wash possibly to make me feel good. Thanks to them. However after the wash,
my remote locking system wouldnt work..

I suspect if water jets while washing the engine side would have gone into the conical alarm of the remote system and further damaged any electronics?

I hope things will be fine once the car dries up.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers
Old 20th November 2011, 15:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: gave my honda city for an oil change. And remote locking system wouldn't work

What part exactly "doesn't work"? Was the car there overnight? Is your remote battery low?

I once sent my car to the service station for some work. It came back and the autocop didn't work properly (can't remember exactly what the issue was).

Called the autocop guy, he reset the system (by turning the ignition and opening/closing the drivers side door in some pattern) - and it started to work fine again.

cya
R
Old 20th November 2011, 16:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: gave my honda city for an oil change. And remote locking system wouldn't work

This could be a minor hiccup. Which make is the remote locking system. Washing the car is a common gesture by almost all A.S.S.
The thread title lead to me to think of some major damage.
Old 20th November 2011, 17:27   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: gave my honda city for an oil change. And remote locking system wouldn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The thread title lead to me to think of some major damage.
Agree with you here. Thread name changed therefore.

vu2pmc, wait for the water to dry up completely and see if you need to probe further. Water can play temporary havoc for these kind of areas. After fitting front windshield film, wiper started working on its own. And this was without switching the wiper on.

Matter got sorted after the car was completely dry.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:20   #5
BHPian

Re: gave my honda city for an oil change. And remote locking system wouldn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post

vu2pmc, wait for the water to dry up completely and see if you need to probe further. Water can play temporary havoc for these kind of areas. After fitting front windshield film, wiper started working on its own. And this was without switching the wiper on.

Thanks guys. the problem seemed to be more with a fuse. replacing the fuse sorted out everything. However, now the range of the remote seems very low. Possibly take it to the autocop service centre for the lifetime warranty and try my luck there. Anyways, for the moment, all seems good.
vu2pmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 20:15   #6
BHPian

Re: Gave my Honda City for an oil change. Now, the remote locking system won't work

The service center people always pull out the fuse from the main switch... this is to prevent the auto cop from turning on when they just open the doors. All service center people keep the doors unlocked during the day.

More over some autocops just keep beeping when the ign is off and the doors are not locked. My car has this feature and is very irritating when u are loading some stuff in there.

This is an after market system right cause its autocop (I am assuming)... Check where IR sensor is (If the old system then it is the wire with the red blinking light - I think am not entirely sure)??? If that is covered by metal sheets all around (not kept in the open but concealed inside the metal framework) or too many wires surrounding it then the range will be very less.
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:55   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post

OK so you got rain sensing wipers installed alongwith film.

On a more serious note i hope the wipers were away from the glass all the time it was working on its own.

I had some prob with horns too. Got ok soon after drying though
Old 15th March 2015, 14:38   #8
BHPian

After some tinkering work and a body wash at the A.S.C, my remote has a minor malfunction. The door remains unlocked(with key removed),when I forget to remote lock.It was working fine before service. However,with the ignition ON, before starting, doors get automatically locked
Any suggestions.

Last edited by virgopal : 15th March 2015 at 14:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks