Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 16:11   #16
~~h
BHPian

re: "Punto 1.2 unsolved issue & substandard service experience

2 weeks+ in the service center and they still could not figure out the root cause, Service guys suggested an ECU replacement which takes a minimum of two weeks to arrive with a price of 15K+. I did not agree for it as they could not zero in the problem and was just doing another trial and error. Apparently there is no reponse for Fiat honchos either.

Finally the light disappeared on it's own (My prayers to god seem to be answered, trust me he's only help if you happen to own a Fiat) kept with FASS for 2-3 days for observation and brought the car home.

I'm driving the car for last couple of days with no issues & lot of apprehension.

Would I buy ( or suggest anyone for ) a Fiat again ?? NEVER.

Mods: pl. could you rename the thread to "Punto 1.2 unsolved issue & substandard service experience "
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:44   #17
~~h
BHPian

re: Punto 1.2 OBD issue : ECU replaced at Fiat's cost

I owe an update on this:
After bringing the car home, it was garage kept for 3 weeks; and we were using the other cars for daily use. I kind of gave up on the Fiat service & was thinking of trading it in for a Sunny.

And one day I got a call from the dealer's customer care saying they would replace the ECU free of cost as a goodwill measure. I assume the mailers to Fiat India & visit to the dealer paid off.

The ECU cost is around 15K/- and I just had to pay the installation charge of around 400Rs/- which I was happily obliged.
Fiat after sales does not look very bad to me now, yes they took their time (probably for approvals etc) but fixed it.

Not many manufacturers replace stuff for free after warranty is expired, and Fiat did a really good job & I'm thankful to them.

Now the dealer : The people at the dealership (Customer care / mechanic & GM etc) all were very polite and responsive all the time; of course they had no clue what the problem was but they were happily answering my queries and was giving all the info they had. I liked it.

End of the day, I'm a happy Fiat customer again !!

Mods: pl could you rename the thread to "Punto 1.2 OBD issue : ECU replaced at Fiat's cost."

Last edited by ~~h : 23rd March 2012 at 14:46. Reason: Line spacing increased for readability
~~h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 15:09   #18
J.Ravi

re: Punto 1.2 OBD issue : ECU replaced at Fiat's cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
And one day I got a call from the dealer's customer care saying they would replace the ECU free of cost as a goodwill measure.
Even my Linea's two bent alloys were replaced at 15,800 km at 50% warranty as a token of goodwill. The details are here. FIAT India is magnanimous in accepting warranty claims, IMO.
  (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 09:36   #19
~~h
BHPian

Re: Punto 1.2 OBD issue : ECU replaced at Fiat's cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Even my Linea's two bent alloys were replaced at 15,800 km at 50% warranty as a token of goodwill. The details are here. FIAT India is magnanimous in accepting warranty claims, IMO.
That's a good news.
One thing every mechanic talks of these cars are the lack of quality & longevity of parts, which's sad since these cars are otherwise perfect. We had a 1964 Fiat 1100 which gave no major issues till we sold in 2002, in 2 years the new gen Fiat had more SC visits..
~~h is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks