Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 11:11   #1
BHPian

i20 Clutch issue

I am facing a peculiar issue with the clutch pedal, whenever I turn the steering with the clutch pedal depressed, I could feel the steering column twist, something like the clutch cable is getting in contact with the steering column, that too very prominently noticable. And this issue cannot be reproduced all the time (especially in the mornings) but from the last 2 days I am observing this issue very prominently.

I recently got the 2nd free service done to the car at 8500 kms (on 23rd Nov, 2011), and I explained the service guys, the problem, and they just lubricated the steering column and returned the car (along with typical oil change, air filter change, and diesel filter change). The service adviser told that its because of the lubrication of the steering column has got reduced much due to which I am feeling that on the clutch pedal, and they could not see the issue at all. I could hear a tick-tick noise from the front suspension almost 80% of the time I roll down the window and drive, and when I went to the service station around 6000kms, they told that the yoke adjuster has become tight and they adjusted it, and since then the sound got reduced to almost 40-50%.

Before again going to the service station I wanted to know if anyone else is facing the similar problem.
If yes, please give me some pointers on what should be done to get it fixed.

btw, I own a 2011 may, i20 Asta CRDi.

Last edited by rishie : 30th November 2011 at 11:19.
Old 6th December 2011, 17:38   #2
BHPian

Re: i20 Clutch issue

Finally found out the culprit of the clutch juddering.... its the mat that's getting pushed towards the steering column and also touching the clutch pedal making it vibrate in sync with the steering rotation.

I removed the mat yesterday and it was all fine, except that, even the small potholes are still felt on the ABC (Accel-Brake-Clutch) pedals. Any other i20 owners feeling the same? This issue was not there earlier.

Anyhow getting the car to the service station for a checkup tomorrow or day after.
Old 29th February 2012, 15:23   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Finally found out the culprit of the clutch juddering.... its the mat that's getting pushed towards the steering column and also touching the clutch pedal making it vibrate in sync with the steering rotation.

I removed the mat yesterday and it was all fine, except that, even the small potholes are still felt on the ABC (Accel-Brake-Clutch) pedals. Any other i20 owners feeling the same? This issue was not there earlier.

Anyhow getting the car to the service station for a checkup tomorrow or day after.
Sorry for such late replies, have not been online lately, yes this does appear at times, but get your wheel alignment done, it should go away, also check for lubrication at clutch and all the pedals, hope it helps!
Shyamtanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 15:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamtanu View Post
Sorry for such late replies, have not been online lately, yes this does appear at times, but get your wheel alignment done, it should go away, also check for lubrication at clutch and all the pedals, hope it helps!
I did get the wheel alignment and balancing done, the issue is still there, but reduced to around 50-60% as compared to earlier. I need to visit the HASS to get them lubricated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks