Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 22:27   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My bad luck continues: Fabia 1.2 petrol engine rebuild at 14000KM

Since the 1.2L is used even in polo, has any of the polo owners faced this issue? Coz,if there are design changes ,it will be applied uniformly by all the users of this engine,in this case VW
Old 15th December 2011, 23:40   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Androdev is your car the facelifted version? If it is then it should share the same engine with the Polo 1.2, because significant changes were made to it before it got relaunched in the BS4 compliant mode.

If it is the BS3 engine then you might just want to rethink on continuing with your Fabia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Since the 1.2L is used even in polo, has any of the polo owners faced this issue? Coz,if there are design changes ,it will be applied uniformly by all the users of this engine,in this case VW
My car is pre-facelift, pre-polo 1.2 Fabia. The current gen 1.2 doesn't have this problem and even my engine will get a modified cylinder head I believe. I will try to take pics from workshop when I visit if possible.
Old 16th December 2011, 15:23   #18
BHPian

By god's grace, i was very interested in buying a fabia. But after going thru all the A#.S#.S. horror stories over TBHP. i finally decided to take a list mentioning the most frequent used spares and their cost. Skoda simply refused. I asked them for the list of service centres and they have just 88 service centres. Moreover some of my neighbours simply asked me not to buy this car.

Thanks T-BHP--once again
Old 16th December 2011, 17:39   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
By god's grace, i was very interested in buying a fabia. But after going thru all the A#.S#.S. horror stories over TBHP. i finally decided to take a list mentioning the most frequent used spares and their cost. Skoda simply refused. I asked them for the list of service centres and they have just 88 service centres. Moreover some of my neighbours simply asked me not to buy this car.

Thanks T-BHP--once again
It is a good car, I knew while buying that engine was its weak point, but it is a good package excluding engine. The new Polo/Fabia has more reliable engines I think and you get an option of 4yrs of warranty these days. Also the service also has been good. They are fulfilling their warranty obligations without any hassle. If I were to fault them, it is their bad engine design.

Now I am trying to talk to them to either extend the warranty or exchange the car at a price. This is my stretch goal, let us see.

Even after this incident, I would be picking a car from VW family only. After grounding Laura, 5-Series and Fabia, I am now driving my old Corsa and I like it :-) I have option to drive other family cars like Corolla, Ikon, i20, etc. but I prefer Corsa to all these cars. Ikon is good but it rattles quite a bit and it has huge clutch play. Cars from EU drive nice and age well - be it high-end like BMW or low-end like Corsa/Fabia. Sorry for going off topic!

Last edited by androdev : 16th December 2011 at 17:41.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 10:35   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Update:

Skoda informed me that they will extended the warranty by 2 yrs free of cost. They said they will not be able to help me with the exchange - and it is completely between the dealership and me. I really did not do much except to register a complaint requesting either an exchange or extended warranty - happened without much struggle ;-)

It is taking forever to receive the parts from czech republic and I am told the parts reached Skoda India. So we are looking at another week before the car can be delivered.

PS: Also got the BMW back on the road. So hoping 2012 will turn out to be a good year.

Last edited by androdev : 28th December 2011 at 10:37.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 20:48   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Nearly after 8 weeks (29-Nov to 25-Jan), I got my Fabia back today. The delay in getting the part was unbelievable. I wonder how they plan to be volume players (fabia and rapid), but they are apparently setting up a 'parts hub' in India so stuff doesn't to be imported.

Got an extended warranty thrown in to reassure me that Fabia is road worthy. They also offered me a taxi allowance up to Rs.1200/- per day against bills (I did not claim as I did not use a taxi).

So if any Skoda goes for repair-under-warranty, ask for a courtesy car or taxi allowance. This is something worth trying with all manufacturers. This at least will put some pressure on them to get the repair done quickly.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 22:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Nearly after 8 weeks (29-Nov to 25-Jan), I got my Fabia back today. The delay in getting the part was unbelievable. I wonder how they plan to be volume players (fabia and rapid), but they are apparently setting up a 'parts hub' in India so stuff doesn't to be imported.

Got an extended warranty thrown in to reassure me that Fabia is road worthy. They also offered me a taxi allowance up to Rs.1200/- per day against bills (I did not claim as I did not use a taxi).

So if any Skoda goes for repair-under-warranty, ask for a courtesy car or taxi allowance. This is something worth trying with all manufacturers. This at least will put some pressure on them to get the repair done quickly.
Good to know things are improving with Skoda. But did they offer that cab bill reimbursement earlier to you? If not, what is the use of offering it now, when most people would not be using cabs for such extended periods.
Old 25th January 2012, 22:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Glad to note that 2012 has brought in much needed cheer and luck to you. Now all your rides are back on road I presume. How's the Fabia performing after the repairs? That should give a fair indication of the service station's competence.
Old 26th January 2012, 00:05   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good to know things are improving with Skoda. But did they offer that cab bill reimbursement earlier to you? If not, what is the use of offering it now, when most people would not be using cabs for such extended periods.
They made the offer of daily taxi allowance some ten days before the delivery when I demanded for a courtesy car owing to such inordinate delay. As you know, courtesy/loaner car is a norm in the west during under-warranty jobs. My guess is same thing can be demanded here and it will be offered at their discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Glad to note that 2012 has brought in much needed cheer and luck to you. Now all your rides are back on road I presume. How's the Fabia performing after the repairs? That should give a fair indication of the service station's competence.
Ya, no more workshop visits for now. touchwood! Fabia is back on duty, but too early to say if it is all good. Let us hope for the best!
Old 26th January 2012, 01:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sir, good to know that the car is back in shape and Skoda has extended the warranty on the car.

Quote:
When our 10 months old polo with 11k on the clock went for an engine head change in December 2010, I too asked for a loaner vehicle but was instead offered a taxi allowance of up to Rs.1000-1200 per day. My brother who travelled over 35kms (each side) every day to his college took taxi instead of asking favour from his friends. VW refunded us over Rs. 8k for almost 10 days when the car was with them for engine head replacement. This was the first time I ever saw a manufacturer offering such service in this segment in India. I believe its a common practice VW Group is following in India.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th January 2012 at 01:41.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks