Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 17:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car clock for the Chevrolet Beat PS?

I have a Beat Diesel PS, and it sucks that it doesn't have any clock inside! When driving at night, it's pretty irritating not being able to tell the time. Heck even my GS150R bike has a clock on the speedo. I like the Indica's front clock, so perfectly visible for everyone in car. There is an empty space in the front on the dash where international versions get the information display. Can we fit any Indica like LED clock inside?
Old 17th January 2012, 17:39   #2
BHPian

Re: Any way to fit a car clock in Beat PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I have a Beat Diesel PS, and it sucks that it doesn't have any clock inside! When driving at night, it's pretty irritating not being able to tell the time. Heck even my GS150R bike has a clock on the speedo. I like the Indica's front clock, so perfectly visible for everyone in car. There is an empty space in the front on the dash where international versions get the information display. Can we fit any Indica like LED clock inside?
I beleive the Beat digital display unit behind the steering wheel( which houses the rpm indicator and KMPH indicator) shows the time too. You just have to set it . Hope it helps
Old 17th January 2012, 17:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

You wouldn't believe if I told you Beat PS doesn't have this simple addon. Great monies saved by GM by avoiding a clock in lowest version!

Hence the query stands.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Fitting the clock is not impossible, but achieving a seam less look may not be always possible. I have fitted the same indica clock in my old generation zen but have not seen the beats dash, so can not comment.

Best solution I think is a head unit if your car already doesn't have a music system. I have JVC units in two of my cars and when the demo mode is turned off in settings(it is on by default), it displays the clock. JVC does not display clock when it is turned off, but some other brands do display clock even while off. Do look for one that suits your need.

Alternatively, you may consider the clip on rear view mirrors with clock display.
asdfvinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 18:56   #5
BHPian

You can have look at following options... these clocks are made for car, have two temperature displays for inside and outside temp and battery voltage display

Car Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer with Clock (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

3.8" LCD Digital Clock with In/Outside Thermometer + Voltage Measuring Bar for Vehicles - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

3.0" LCD Car Digital Thermometer w/ Clock - Black (1 x AG10) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Or just search for car clock on site http://www.dealextreme.com/
Old 18th January 2012, 12:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Best solution I think is a head unit if your car already doesn't have a music system.
+1, this is surely the best option as twice i have replaced the small digital clock in my Baleno (Which lies in between the hazard light switch and rear defogger switch) and both times it has gone bad in a few months because of moisture/cold/rains (Not sure why).

Since i have changed the Head Unit i get the time there and never felt the need to have a separate clock on the dashboard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks